Re: Nordic Open 2009

15 years 4 weeks ago #62199 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
really interesting results :) cool event !!!

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62212 by Klaris
Replied by Klaris on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
Hi all..
Tanks for paticipating in Nordic Open. I think it was a fantastic turnament with a high level of Swos ans a super atmosphere with lot of beers..
Defently the wright winner of the Amiga turnament, Lobo was i a league of his own i the nock-out rounds, and he just becomed better and better the clooser the trophy was to him:-). So once again Lobo, Congrats mate.
Regarding Rasmus it was so impressing what he accived in his first Amiga turnament, so allso congrats to you, really nice played and the only player in the Amiga cup who played the attack formation, respect.
It was defently allso deserved that M4RK (Nakkeost) got a bronze medal, after beeting Djowger (who was the other big favorit after the super group) in the 1/4 final. Really nice, to meet your dutch guys for the first time, so great that you joined the turnamnet..
For the Aalborg Swos community the Pc turnamnet was a great succes. Djowger played the best i ever seen from him in Pc Swos, witch allso is needed when you have a player like Rasmus joining, so congrats mate, great you took one of the trophys back to Aalborg.
Once again rasmus congrats with the silvermedal, impressing to finish second in booth turnaments. Allso congrats to Junior with the bronze medal, you played very well in the hole turnament, and shoved me your real Pc level after our last meeting at the ISSA turney.
The atsmophere and the social side of the turnament, was outstanding. Lots of Slots beer and cheering. Specially in the Pc final and my own games again Lobo in the 1/4 final in Amiga, the sound level was impressing with so great support. Thanks to everybody for loveing this game so much, that we can create an atmosphere, who reminds of a little football stadion:-). Offcourse I want to win and do my best, but I allso think the social part (drinking), and cheering is a very important thing, because it is what who is missing when you play online at home.
Once again, thanks to everybody for participating and making this weekend so fucking great. I hope to see you all again next year.. And hopefully many times before to other offline turnaments.

OFFLINE RULEZ.
See you mates

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62219 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
sounds great, and its a shame that I was not there :(

congrats to lobo and djowger! impressive once again!

next year I be in!!!!!!!!!!! (I hope ;) )

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62228 by Manuel
Replied by Manuel on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
Congratulations for Lobo and Djowger...congratulations also for Rasmus,i know that you are a talent but i never meet you...i would play agaist you.

15 years 4 weeks ago #62250 by ElMichaJ
please check if all resutts are entered correctly ...

if they are, i will update the ranking

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62252 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
My results look OK, I can t speak for others.

BTW, who the hell is Nakkeost :D

15 years 4 weeks ago #62253 by ElMichaJ
i had the same thoughts .... it M4rk :D

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 4 weeks ago #62255 by lobo
Time for a little report:

It was yet another fantastic offline SWOS tournament. It was really nice to meet Aalborg SWOS crew, ISSA guys, SPIR, Swoozh and M4rk aka Nakkeost. Funny enough Klaris, Alis and Daniel P. are all Liverpool supporters so Red was the colour of the day. Apart from playing SWOS there was a terrific atmosphere at all times. As expected M4rk was a driving force in creating it and from many interesting discussions one I remember most is how great would Japanese players be if they played SWOS ;).

Amiga tournament itself was perfectly organized. 17 players were divided into 3 groups with 3 top players from each group forming a Supergroup, players from places 4-5/6 forming a 2nd chance group. In second group stage we were playing 1 game against each other, fighting for the best seedings in KO stage. I was really curious to see how will Rasmus do in Amiga tournament. He is known as a top PC SWOS player but no one really knew how strong will he be in Amiga tournament. And let me tell you what, for me it was the story of the tournament. I have played him in every stage of the tournament: group, Supergroup and a final and you could see him improving by the minute. If he was struggling to convert to Amiga during group stages by the time we met in a final he was a really strong opponent. Looking just at the final results you can t see how it really went. First game which finished 4-2, I had 2 penalty kicks in the beginning of the game, Rasmus managed to equalize only to concede 2 really late goals. In a return leg he got his 2 strikers injured, not that I wanted to but since he plays with attack formation everytime I made a sliding tackle there always were someone on a receiving end ;). Nevertheless he managed to go 3-1 in front and the game started from the beginning. I managed to score 6 goals in a row, but final result really blurs the picture of the game. I really hope Rasmus practices Amiga SWOS and I believe he can be a top player here too.

14 players participated in PC tournament. PC tournaments are widely known for a controller configuration and technical problems. It was never an issue at Nordic Cup. It all worked as a clockwork. Rasmus was the biggest favorite here and he seemed to prove it all the way to the final. He seemed just to be in a class of his own. After a dramatic semifinal vs Lindholm (4 games were needed, winner scored in a 88th minute penalty :)) I thought djowGer will be too exhausted to face Rasmus. I was wrong. After two fantastic games, against all odds djowGer has emerged as a deserved Cup winner. Playing at home with a fantastic support from Aalborg SWOS crew. he has shown great coolnes and a defence that was hard as a coffin nail. I really hope to watch the final game on youtube soon.

Last but not least big thanks to Klaris and Dons for driving me from and to the airport. Great tournament guys, see you soon.

15 years 4 weeks ago #62256 by ElMichaJ
really good report, lobo :) i like to read it ;)

but i want to have some visual information from this party :D, too

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62258 by lobo
If I remember right Junior and M4rk were the main paparazzis during tournament ;). I dont have any photos myself.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds