FIFA 10 - Inferior SWOS clone - Online disaster....

More
13 years 9 months ago #86655 by Rock and Roll
Got the PS3 today, and my wife had a few more presents for me, and one of the was FIFA World Cup :).

PS3-nick is RockAndRoll, so time to see what I can do with the PS3, and to practice of course :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86659 by Retrieving
!!!

First off happy birthday mate! ;)

I ll add you to my friendslist asap, feel like playing some WC with me (I ll play on full manual to even out stuff since you just got the game!)? :D

More
13 years 9 months ago #86697 by Rock and Roll
Thanks dude!

I haven t had the time to discover how to answer short messages etc. (which is why I couldn t answer yesterday :)).
I only just read that the controllers are wireless and that the cord is only needed to charge them :D.

I ll be online late this evening (after 23.00), or maybe a few hours this afternoon.
I m online now, but I m busy juggling daddy duty with getting a few minutes play time in.
If you have time later, you can kick my FIFA-ass :D.

I can finally understand what you meant in your first post concerning FIFA 10.
This plays excellent, you really feel you re in a match.
The PC-version feels like it s 10 years older.

I ve only played a few games at semi-pro with England (no losses yet), and had some fun games (1-0 vs Spain for example).
For anyone with a PS3, it is an excellent game to get.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87129 by Rock and Roll
I brought back some stupid Spanish flu bug so I haven t been able to play much SWOS, but I have played around with the PS3 lying on the couch
(gotta love wireless controllers!).

Yep, this is an excellent game. I m still playing semi-pro and probably will be for a while learning the game.
I had fun winning the World Cup with England (played Spain in the final 1-0, was also in the same qualifying group, won both games 1-0 too :)).
Just lost out qualifying with Vanuatu (0.5 star team, won the Oceania group but lost to Iran in the playoff 0-1 and 0-0).
Have now qualified with Uganda (2 stars) and start my campaign against Croatia).
I need to start to learn some skill moves, and this is the first FIFA-title in which I ve ever been bothered to.

Online ranked play so far (all with England).
First game vs Spain I was 2-0 down at half time, the player quit on me so I got a 3-0 victory :).
Second game vs Spain I lost 2-0 but it was a great game to play in, I was outplayed but had my chances.
Third game was vs Germany. It started quiet but in the last 15 mins I scored 3 times (no disallowed goals :D).
Second half he came right back at me and scored 2 quick goals with 35 mins left to play.
Then I scored 4 more... 7-2 victory, never had that before :).

Time for some more fun!

More
13 years 9 months ago #87131 by Retrieving
Once you get the basics sorted out you should definitely give full-manual controls a shot.

Being able to calibrate your passes and kick through balls into space exactly where you wanted em to be adds a whole new level of depth to the gameplay, besides manual games on Slow speed are imho a lot more enjoyable and life-like than their Assisted counterparts. :D

Problem is that those who play on manual controls (myself included) usually don t bother with the online lobbies/matchmaking system (too many ping-pong passers and glitch abusers on there) and tend to organize their matches through websites and chats (just like we do with SWOS). Don t worry though, if you ll ever get into it I ll just point you to a friend s website full of cool people (and former SWOS players) where I ve been playing manual tournaments ever since FIFA 10 came out. ;)

EDIT: I still can t pull off most of the tricks in the game either lol.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds