Re: World Cup 2010

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #86758 by lestat
Replied by lestat on topic Re: World Cup 2010

Now while Germany is a good team I have a different definition of worldclass . It will be interesting to see what will happen against Spain.

Interesting assessment after playing the semi-finals...Lemon is a seer :)
In any case until yesterday, Germany has done a good path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86759 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup 2010
Congrats to Spain.
But they are not worldclass, they have a century-team or a golden generation if you like that phrase better.
It s a pleasure to watch. But it won t last forever, since football goes in cycles. Lucky for the rest of the world.
Anyway, I press my thumbs for Holland in the final. Many Bundesliga players in the team, with Robben and van Bommel from Bayern!

Still, Germany has done very well and surprised many of the so called experts with skills apart from running fighting.
The future belongs to us, with 3 Euro titles for your youth-teams (U17, U19, U21).
Apart from that, who has a balance like Germany, taking at least part in the last 3 semifinals of World-Cups? No one else.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #87059 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: World Cup 2010
It was great being on Lanzarote for the final. The Spanish know how to party :).
I m glad the best team won the tournament.
A solid worldclass team, maybe not the best in history, but one the Spanish can really be proud of.

All in all, the World Cup was poor. The Dutch played negative football to get so far (van Bommel and de Jong is one player too much).
I wouldn t have liked to see them win the tournament playing like that.
Beauty 1 Beasts 0 was the best headline I saw regarding the final :).
The Dutch had a chance, but tried to play rough, and that cost them.
They played some good football at times (vs Brazil / Uruguay) but Spain were better.

I do hope two things come out of this tournament.

1. Use (some) technology to bring football out of the dark ages.
The way FIFA handled (amongst other bad decisions) Lampard s no-goal was arrogant and pathetic.
Football was the laughing stock of the international media.
Referees / Linesmen make mistakes, man they re human, who doesn t?
Give them a bit of help in crucial situations.

2. Give the players a break! There were a lot of tired legs out there.
Why not force all countries to end their season April 30th, or move the tournament to July?
The World Cup is supposed to be the greatest tournament in the world, and that it wasn t.

Anyway, I ll still go on collecting the sticker album, and remain trying to win the World Cup with Vanuatu in SWOS and on the PS3 :).

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds