Re: World Cup 2010

More
13 years 9 months ago #86295 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: World Cup 2010
www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/06/09/world...all-soccer-jabulani/

Pretty interesting article regarding the ball. Seems like Japanese players wasted no time using their science people research and proved to the world that you can score direct free kicks with Jabulani. Twice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #86333 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup 2010
YES YES YES AND YES AGAIN!!!!

@ Lobo:
You posted a tutorial for counter-attacks some time ago, from Liverpool. We delivered another two of those today!
WORLDCLASS!

Bye bye England! ;D

@ the not given Wembley-goal -reminiscence from Lampard:
It s not even worth to mention after England have been outclassed by us in the way like today!

More
13 years 9 months ago #86334 by lobo
Them two counters were sweet to watch. Even sweeter when they set up one of world s most favourite WC classic in QF, can t wait.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #86338 by lobo

Bye bye England! ;D

@ the not given Wembley-goal -reminiscence from Lampard:
It s not even worth to mention after England have been outclassed by us in the way like today!

Seems like you have to wait 44 years for justice to be done. With this rate England player should score a hand goal against Argentina in WC2030 :)

I found situation in other game way more amuzing. FIFA has shot itself in the leg badly there. Guys who are responsible for showing game replays on the big screen on the stadium were instructed by FIFA to cenzor any controversial situations (do not show them) not to interfere with ref decisions. As this WC organization is nowhere near perfect, something went wrong in the control room and whole stadium including referees could see Tevez was offside when he scored first goal. Ref and his linesman spoke about it for quite a bit but still didn t disallow the goal. Where is fair play common sense? Even though referees knew they made the wrong decission they stuck to it because FIFA won t allow using tv replays for judging controversial situations.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86340 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: World Cup 2010

...Where is fair play common sense? Even though referees knew they made the wrong decission they stuck to it because FIFA won t allow using tv replays for judging controversial situations.

Agreed, FIFA seriously need to look at their policies regarding these issues, it s getting beyond a joke.

On another note - congrats to Germany! Yet another strong performance, looking good to make the final!
:)

More
13 years 9 months ago #86341 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: World Cup 2010
Sorry, but I don t like the bye-bye England remark in an international community.
Were we supposed to post the same if the result had been the other way round?

1966 had no goal-mouth technology and years later various official studies finally showed it probably wasn t a goal.
This wasn t even close to that.

2-2 at half-time, and there wouldn t have been the same amount of counter-attacking chances.
Then again, England deserved to lose considering their performance in the whole game / tournament,
Germany took their chances and hopefully they ll dispose of Diego in the next round :).

And to second it, video evidence concerning goals is way overdue. What happened to England / Mexico was ridiculous.
Pity Blatter only cares about Blatter...

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #86342 by Playaveli

Sorry, but I don t like the bye-bye England remark in an international community.
Were we supposed to post the same if the result had been the other way round?

Sure, why not? I would take it with greatness.

PS: IT WASN T A GOAL!!!!

More
13 years 9 months ago #86343 by Ali
Replied by Ali on topic Re: World Cup 2010
Rock is right, it would be a totally different game after 2-2. I supported Germany but I am not happy how they trough to the next round. Years later I will remind this Wc with awful referees and that f* vuvuzelas.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86345 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: World Cup 2010
Losing with greatness is easier than winning with greatness.
Yep, Germany have every right to be happy, but I don t like the Bye Bye bit as it s rubbing our noses in it on a forum for all nations.
In my opinion there s no problem whatsoever in posting your team won, but I don t like posting something about that the other team didn t.
Where I come from, that s not done , and I would most definitely not have posted the same thing if the result had been the other way round.
Should we have done the same for (e.g.) the Italians? Of course not.

I do like the picture though :).

I m happy because the team who deserved to win, did.
Yep it should have been 2-2, and in my opinion it would have been a totally different game, but 2-2 would have been very flattering for an English
team whose usually strong defence was rubbish, the Germans kept attacking them where it hurt.
And every single Prediction league etc. I m in, I predicted Germany to win (I had 2-0), and Germany to go far in the tournament (I have them 3rd place behind Brazil and Spain).
So they d better beat Argentina...I need the points :D.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86346 by Playaveli
What I never like about football analysis is: if, should, would, could! The game yesterday indisputably found the deserved winner.
It s your right to dislike the bye bye phrase.
But the guys who know me in real life (and that is most of them active posters here) know that I do loose with greatness, too.
And to be honest: Bye bye is a very polite way to say Good bye to our rivals who still use words/phrases like Panzer , Blitzkrieg and whatsoever about us.
Get over it.

As Lobo said, Germany vs. Argentina will be a cracker. And I somehow doubt it will finish without any red cards. Let s look forward to it.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds