Re: World Cup 2010

More
13 years 10 months ago #85988 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: World Cup 2010
File Attachment:

WARNING!

I found out where the Vuvuzela came from ....think of this next time you blow one!

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85989 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: World Cup 2010
OMG, nooooo, i wanted to buy one... Oh dear, oh dear ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #85992 by alpino
Replied by alpino on topic Re: World Cup 2010
aahahaaaa

More
13 years 10 months ago #86014 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup 2010
And this referee was an idiot (besides the one who stole USA a late winning goal):

Btw, the level of playing in this World Cup is... SHIT! So far.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86040 by Ali
Replied by Ali on topic Re: World Cup 2010
yup its really SHIT. I prefer to watch some games in sensidays on bigscreen. much faster and exciting.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86043 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: World Cup 2010
I have to agree, the level of play has been terrible.

Does the ball at altitude have something to do with it?
I think so. I ve seen too many bad passes, terrible crosses / corners, and man oh man, totally pathetic free kicks.

The main reason (in my opinion that is), is that there are a lot of players who ve had to play an awful lot of top-level games.
If all club matches had finished a few weeks earlier, and/or if players had played less games, then we d have had more quality now.
Less games = fresher, fitter players.
An earlier finish = fresher, ftter players (again), and/or more time to create a proper team.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86119 by Playaveli

I think so. I ve seen too many bad passes, terrible crosses / corners, and man oh man, totally pathetic free kicks.

I disagree. The ball is just a bad or lame excuse for professionals who play below par. And after 2 weeks of training with this ball it cannot be a problem anymore.

The main reason (in my opinion that is), is that there are a lot of players who ve had to play an awful lot of top-level games.

That could be true. Many players seem to be burned out.
We could see that 4 years ago at the WC in Germany, when Ronaldinho for example played really bad. And not only him.

Btw, never came across so many scandals after just 2 games played for each team.
France (what a shame), referees being trigger-happy and throwing cards, England, Ghana etc etc...

More
13 years 10 months ago #86123 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: World Cup 2010

I disagree. The ball is just a bad or lame excuse for professionals who play below par. And after 2 weeks of training with this ball it cannot be a problem anymore.

So do I. Best excuse I heard so far is someone (don t remember who now) saying the ball is too round! ;D

Btw, never came across so many scandals after just 2 games played for each team.
France (what a shame), referees being trigger-happy and throwing cards, England, Ghana etc etc...

Bad referees are somehow tradition of WC group stages. FIFA has to filter bad from good apparently (as if they couldn t tell before tournament ::))

More
13 years 10 months ago #86188 by Playaveli
GER vs. ENG!!!

Should be an exciting game as England will try everything to prevent a penalty shootout! ;D

More
13 years 10 months ago #86189 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: World Cup 2010
Don t worry Playa...you ll get lucky as usual ;)

Concerning the ball, the too round complaint is (slightly) valid.
A normal football isn t close to a perfect mathematical sphere.
This one is rounder, and thus (in theory) it s flight should be / is different. Especially if it s lighter (that I haven t checked).
Too many players weren t used to it in the first few games, but you re starting to see a lot better passing now.

I do feel sorry for the keepers though. A hard low shot, struck slightly off-centre, is causing them major problems.
(e.g. the Dutch goal vs Japan, and the amount of trouble all keepers seem to be having in stopping, and holding those kind of shots).
Add the bad pitches factor into this equation (major divots in the England game yesterday), add the improving players / teams factor,
add the increased tension, and we re going to see some more bad goals. Hopefully for the English this time ;)

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds