Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 2 months ago #97352 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
May be some anti macro virus protection?
you may be able to change security level or trust level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #97716 by Synchronated
Macros run fine. It s just the sorting speed. It s horrible and google brings up many similar things.

If I save the sheet as .xls (which loses a couple of features and breaks a couple of formulas, hence this isn t a real solution) and open with Excel 2000, then sort, the exact same half-hour sort takes less than one second.

More
13 years 2 months ago #97720 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
(I know I promised something. Lot of work and family business. Won t finsh soon. Sorry.)

More
13 years 2 months ago #97725 by Synchronated
it s ok - actually i should have mentioned. The sheet now uses detailed attributes /100 and calculates to the correct number of points, opening all possibilities of player attributes. It only uses the 1-7 simple method where detailed values are absent. So there is no need for you to develop your method, at least not for this project.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #97750 by Synchronated
Here is the English league, updated after Feb transfer window.
(PC file; needs to be propacked for Amiga)
This won t be the final file probably, but close enough. I aim to do the rest of the leagues then release another full update in a few weeks.

These updates use my now-finished db, which comprises as a base transfermarkt data with intelligent conversion of anything that is vague (ie a both-sided fullback who is left-footed will come out as LB first, not RB; tall offensive allrounders will be centre forwards and short ones will be wingers, etc) and also has seven attributes (P/V/H/T/C/S/F, each 00-99) for each player, derived from various sources including FM, which are relative to each other and are used to determine the SWOS player s individual attributes, arriving at an overall ability/transfer value which depends on the transfermarkt value (adjusted for age if the player is getting old). It is easily updatable after each transfer window, SO if any one player s info (name/position/nationality) is really factually wrong, ideally the place to submit a correction is transfermarkt (register and submit a correction with appropriate evidence); then it should be ok on the next update. I have some overrides in place for errors in lower divisions in England and Scotland and will eventually submit them as corrections there.
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #97860 by Synchronated
Here s Italy by way of another example (you ll need to be running the v2.2 game file for this to work properly as it has the current division sizes not the original SWOS ones).
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #97862 by Synchronated
What I think is best to do, rather than slave over a transfer window update for all leagues, is to refine the DB so that the 11-12 update and those after it are quick to import, accurate and continue with the persistent features such as player attributes. Spend the slaving time, you know, playing the game using the 10-11 v2.2 and Legends files.

So here is a summary of the DB as it stands (data is as of Feb 4th 2011). (old-excel compatible XLS file, 3MB download)
www.mediafire.com/download.php?5049lnq9jldbniz

If you guys want to help out with leagues you know, can you please let me know any player names or positions that are wrong (please give sources and remember a lot of names had to be shortened to fit into SWOS s 22-character limit), and any attributes you d like to change? You can also be awesome by submitting sets of attributes for players who don t have any 00-99 values (the players without 00-99 attributes will default to the 1-7 attributes based on their position and height, and while this is pretty seamless and invisible in terms of the final outcome attributes in the game, 00-99 attributes for everyone would be ideal). Or by correcting any 00-99 attributes that might not look great. Approximate 00-99 values are fine since they re relative to each other and the overall reputation. (Goalkeepers don t need attributes)

Don t worry so much about the player reputations/values, unless they re wildly out, as these will be taken from transfermarkt + a calibration in September before the next update, and that is going to be the best way of keeping thousands upon thousands of them up-to-date and relevant (even if wildly out, tmkt will probably update it so it s fixed before there is another Sync update). Nationality also comes straight from transfermarkt and tends to be good enough and updated (eg Thiago Motta is now Italian). Also I will gradually look up everyone s appearance manually so no need to do that unless you think I ve got one wrong :)

Also to note is that Montenegrin players in this DB have nationality code ELS. This is because El Salvador players can use SAL anyway (see the original El Salvador league), leaving a spare nationality; with the Sync update s game files, by the time the next update is released, this code will appear in SWOS as MNE (the official FIFA code for Montenegro). Other national codes will also appear with their official codes, but the original SWOS codes appear in this DB because that s what the SWOS editor needs to see.

Cheers all :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #97863 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
The file is currently set to private.

More
13 years 2 months ago #97869 by alexander.h

The file is currently set to private.

+1

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #97870 by Synchronated
Sorry. Is no longer private :)

BTW I deliberately didn t include the players unique IDs, so I won t be able to import masses of work if you just go through and fill in the spreadsheet.
If you d like to change a lot of info, maybe make a list or copy the players you d like to change into a smaller sheet that I can use as a reference. Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds