Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96185 by Synchronated
That might be a few too many but it s good to know... I ll consider upgrading office if we hit the wall!

According to Excel my system resources are fully caned anyway (with 4GB of RAM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #96206 by Synchronated
This has 54,499 players in it now, and looking good. Doing data cleaning stuff.
Every significant league but Japan is well represented.
Going to tackle lineups/transfers from Feb 1 rather than attempt to do them in real-time in Jan :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #96210 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I ll take care of J.League Synch (both divisions, all of the teams and I ll do as many relevant players per team as I can up to 25~26), no problem, it s gonna take me a little while but I ll get it done over the next couple of months.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96213 by Synchronated
Awesome. Like I said, you can just put percentage values (or even arbitrary values, such [as any large number] if you want to make sure it s the biggest attribute and zero or something negative if you want to make sure it s the smallest) for the attributes if you don t want to have to work out the order; that really can take time manually and I have completely automated that part.

More
13 years 3 months ago #96223 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
First step to make SWOS data created by community of Sensible volunteers - sounds very promising :) If I understood correctly, maybe the little disadvantage of your system is that for example players worth 6M will always have attributes 7777752 (and for example 7666665 can t appear), so every 6M player will have five strong abilities, one average and one weak. And every 1M player will have one 7 in attributes and one 1. It s a little bit like not using all possibilities that SWOS gives - in original SWOS there were 1M players with for example two strong abilities and five weak, or three strong and four weak - your algorithm won t produce such a kinds of players. Although I bear in mind that it isn t the most important thing :)

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96225 by Synchronated
I agree it is not perfect, but I am satisfied with it as a solution for this purpose - the template attributes (in this case the 1-7 values) have to be at fixed values in order for a flexible reputation coefficient to operate properly and in this simple way. If we are to use a more complex system (such as my FMtoswos algorithm) in real-time on tens of thousands of players, the reality becomes impossible to maintain. Excel complains that I m out of (ample) resources if that algorithm is run on more than 500 players at once, since it is iterative and contains many calculations; there is no way it can track this for 60,000+. It can however track this current system for all those players in one sheet.

As for choosing the fixed values to use, they could have been fixed at 5554333 or 6644422 for example, but too many players would be too similar and their key attributes wouldn t really stand out.
So after much experimentation I am satisfied to use 7654321 and feel it gives a good representation of most players (perhaps the very very top players, for whom this is perhaps less ideal, can be treated slightly differently in the end? We can perhaps figure out a system for making some players more unique at a later stage).
The whole scale of player ability can be realigned at any stage in this system too (and as we have players attributes ranked we could even shift what constant attributes are used).

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96233 by Synchronated
Retrieving - as well as it being easier to do, if you could just use a regular scale for the player attributes (something like percentages or just 0-10) it will futureproof it against any changes I might make to the way they are used! that way it won t matter if we find a better solution than ordering them (although any changes are quite unlikely).

• scarini
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96375 by scarini
Replied by scarini on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi Synchro. I ve tried this night career mode in Pc version. The game crashes for the chairman scenes or when you win a championship, in particular appears a text which claims for files SFX\english\ECC03.raw or SFX\FLC\WINCUP.raw . I m using the original version of the game (Sensible World of Soccer 96/97) and DosBox 0.73 to make it run on Windows XP. Can you correct this bug? Thanks for your attention and your outstanding work.

Here is a picture which explains better what i mean (sorry for my english).
Attachments:

• scarini
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96376 by scarini
Replied by scarini on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Sorry for double post, i ve made an error.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96381 by Synchronated
Hi scarini.
This really shouldn t happen if your version of SWOS is original 96/97. I have not modified those files or the part of SWOS which refers to them.
But if it is, try turning off the chairman scenes (or whatever they re called, something similar), in the main options screen in SWOS.
Then the game shouldn t look for the files it is having a problem with, it will just show the standard text version of the message instead (like the Amiga version).

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds