Re: Synchronated Updates

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #106127 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Great, can t wait!

I have a quick question - I replaced all my team files with the ones you posted on this forum on 20th August, and then I over-wrote those files with your latest updates. Now I think I m close to being able to run a career using your modified sws.exe (even though in some of the leagues the players aren t updated yet). However, the end-of-season routine can t get past Surinam/Trinidad Tobago, because I think you modified this part of sws.exe subsequent to you posting the team files in august.

Is there any chance you can post the relevant team file (it is team.066) with the correct number of teams in? It doesn t matter if the players aren t updated, it would just allow people to play career with the updates so far...

Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106132 by Synchronated
I did indeed modify that, in order to put the Trinidad league in place of Surinam.
Here is the (massively unfinished, but working) Trinidad league file. It will work on both versions as it s small enough without propacking.

Note that unless you run Pablo Fridlender s PC SWOS Editor s Fix Foreign Market function on your data folder (PC version, ie not propacked - then propack it again if you want to use it on Amiga) you will get big bugs in the transfer market in career mode. i.e. buy one player, get someone different. But you should do this with any new data set if you put it together yourself. When I do my final full-career-mode releases, I have already run this function on the files, so the full release works properly.
Attachments:

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #106133 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Thanks!! Yes, I ll make sure to run the fix-foreign markets tool. Cheers, good luck with the updating...

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106138 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
How d you update the J.League, Synchro?

I haven t had the chance to work on it yet (RL getting in the way, etc.) and AFAIK neither FIFA 12 nor Football Manager (nor any other title on the market due to license issues) feature those teams and the only game that used to have them in the database (Konami s J.League Winning Eleven) was cancelled due to the dismal sales values over the course of the last few years.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106142 by Synchronated
Transfermarkt for the team info/player positions/player values. Everyone s face looked up manually. The fine player attributes are auto-generated by my spreadsheet, but they DO take into account the player s alternate positions, height and age, and use a variance, so they re fairly passable/realistic. They are not random. Better than just using random attributes at least - makes sure tall players are better at heading than small players, old players are slower, etc. The same is done for other unknown players that for some reason don t have defined fine attribute values, but apart from the J.League this is only really used for relatively low-value players.

If you want to put fine attributes on the J.League players, even just a few of them, I can send you an extract of the spreadsheet. It is a hole in the data that needs filling. The same spreadsheet will be used for future updates so you would only need to update new players/do refinements in future. Well, if you want to.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106160 by Synchronated
New post on the blog; 12 more leagues.

• kanut79
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #106221 by kanut79
Replied by kanut79 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Synchronated, will you provide excell data base (just like you did in February) with all players skills? It s crucial in case of players who are not included in the latest update.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106226 by Synchronated
Yes, when I m done. Not sure what it s useful for though?

• kanut79
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #106240 by kanut79
Replied by kanut79 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
It s useful in case of players who are not included in their team squads in this update. Their names and abilities could be be added individually to some other teams

More
12 years 6 months ago #106241 by Synchronated
OK. It won t contain their actual SWOS attributes though, just the 00-99 attributes and player values. Calculating the actual SWOS attributes for all 150,000 players (in the sheet, not in SWOS, of course) at once is not possible.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds