What program do you use?

• Sharkadder1
  • Sharkadder1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #12702 by Sharkadder1
What program do you use? was created by Sharkadder1
What program do pople like to use when playing on XP then?

DOSBOX:- i use DOSBOX with cycles set to 10000 but this is slow and sluggish,rubbish sound, the gameplay is smooth but seems to be a drag unlike when i used to play on windows 98.

VDMsound:- seems to have perfect sound but a delay in play. Anybody else get this? the meus seem to run fine but once you play a game the control seems to be different.

Microsoft Command Prompt:- seems to be ok but it only seems to run swos in full screen only,my laptop dont like this much lol, again the gameplay is slow and sluggish.

Microsoft Windows Compatibility mode:- for running programs built for other operating systems but still runs via the command prompt, doesnt do any difference, brings same effect as command prompt, steady but slow and sluggish.

I seem to remember when playing on 98 the game went faster than it does on XP, now i know if i use DOSBOX with cycles set to 10000 it will run smooth but slow, and if i set the cycles to 11000 it goes out of sync, is there an actual cycle value to set this to?

A guy says VDM only gives delays in menus but this isnt correct its other way around, in menus its perfect but in game its smooth but its dodgy control. has somebody edited a congif file for this do you know?

If anybody has got it to run exactly like 98 on XP then let me know im well interested to any help, i turn sound off when using DOSBOX but i get narked cos of the slow gameplay, im sur eit used to run faster.

any thoughts welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #12704 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: What program do you use?
My program is: WIndows 98
No probs with slow speed or sound or anything. Create a partition with Win98 and enjoy Swos...

More
17 years 7 months ago #12705 by Tomplus
Is somebody test SWOS in Windows Vista ?

• Sharkadder1
  • Sharkadder1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #12706 by Sharkadder1
Replied by Sharkadder1 on topic Re: What program do you use?
i do have 98 installed but i use XP.

It seems to run better in full screen but its playable :)

The new version isnt out yet so how can people test in it?

• Stagletto
  • Stagletto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 month ago #18031 by Stagletto
Replied by Stagletto on topic Re: What program do you use?
I doubt it will work in Vista (practically no DOS support whatsoever) but ill be testing it out soon on my new Vista machine...

More
17 years 1 month ago #18037 by Playaveli

I doubt it will work in Vista (practically no DOS support whatsoever) but ill be testing it out soon on my new Vista machine...

With DosBox it will work nice... no problem!

• Stagletto
  • Stagletto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 month ago #18044 by Stagletto
Replied by Stagletto on topic Re: What program do you use?
Correct Playa - it works fine. Doesnt appear to work in fullscreen mode though, will investigate that....

It DEFINTELY doesnt work inless you install it with DOSBOX. Vista doesnt recongnise the 16bit DOS command and just asks you to close the window (attempts fullscreen mode).

Now - to update it with the Synchro updates!!!

• soccersteve
  • soccersteve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #33633 by soccersteve
Replied by soccersteve on topic Re: What program do you use?

Is somebody test SWOS in Windows Vista ?

Hi I run SWOS in Vista with DOSbox with no problems

• soccersteve
  • soccersteve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #33638 by soccersteve
Replied by soccersteve on topic Re: What program do you use?

What program do pople like to use when playing on XP then?

DOSBOX:- i use DOSBOX with cycles set to 10000 but this is slow and sluggish,rubbish sound, the gameplay is smooth but seems to be a drag unlike when i used to play on windows 98.

VDMsound:- seems to have perfect sound but a delay in play. Anybody else get this? the meus seem to run fine but once you play a game the control seems to be different.

Microsoft Command Prompt:- seems to be ok but it only seems to run swos in full screen only,my laptop dont like this much lol, again the gameplay is slow and sluggish.

Microsoft Windows Compatibility mode:- for running programs built for other operating systems but still runs via the command prompt, doesnt do any difference, brings same effect as command prompt, steady but slow and sluggish.

I seem to remember when playing on 98 the game went faster than it does on XP, now i know if i use DOSBOX with cycles set to 10000 it will run smooth but slow, and if i set the cycles to 11000 it goes out of sync, is there an actual cycle value to set this to?

A guy says VDM only gives delays in menus but this isnt correct its other way around, in menus its perfect but in game its smooth but its dodgy control. has somebody edited a congif file for this do you know?

If anybody has got it to run exactly like 98 on XP then let me know im well interested to any help, i turn sound off when using DOSBOX but i get narked cos of the slow gameplay, im sur eit used to run faster.

any thoughts welcome

I ve set cycles to 30,000 and this has fixed my slow frame-rate

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds