Re: Sensible Days 2011

More
12 years 10 months ago #101946 by Marin Parushev
With less than 2 month left until the Sensi Days 2011 tournament I think it is important to make a list of the things you MUST take when coming:

1. Your ID document. It can be very annoying to reach the border (or the passport control checkpoint) and have your or one of your friend s passport missing.
2. Your joystick / keypad / joypad etc. Without it you will probably not be able show 100% of your skills. During the tournament you can use other players controllers too.
3. Your country s national flag. Support means a lot especially in K/O rounds. Be ready to raise the flag when you win.
4. Your SWOS T-shirt.
5. Bulgarian money. In Bulgaria the only currency that is accepted is Bulgarian leva. Although food and room is provided you will need some money to buy a beer during the tournament (beer costs 2.50 leva or about 1.30 Euro). Bringing Euro or Dollars is possible but there are a few change bureaus in Varna that will offer you bad exchange rates.

Please, add more things to this list in case I ve missed something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #102183 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
i just booked my flights ...

arriving evening on 28th july

leaving at 5:20 in the morning on 4th august

how much to pay is left ?

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #102193 by Marin Parushev
Great, Micha! Carry a Bomb with you please :P

12 years 10 months ago #102201 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
dont know ...

looks like i am only high skilled ... not high explosive ... :(

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
12 years 9 months ago #102923 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
We finally booked our flights too :)

Arriving 29.07. very early (01:30) and leaving Varna on 03.08.

Looking forward a lot 8)
See you guys!

More
12 years 9 months ago #102925 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Nice one Schuuullleeeee :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #103053 by Marin Parushev
Hey everyone,

here is some useful information for those coming to Varna:
1. The only accepted currency in Bulgaria is Bulgarian Leva. Though there are many change bureaus the best you can do is exchange some money in your country.
2. The exchange rate between Bulgarian Leva and Euro is FIXED. It doesnt change over time. 1 Euro = 1.95583 Leva.
3. Those coming by car to Varna will need to buy a weekly Bulgarian road vignette. It costs 10 leva, that is about 5 Euro. If you are staying longer than 1 week you d better buy 2 weekly vignettes as the monthly vignette costs about 12.5 Euro. You can also see the maps in previous posts that will guide you to the hotel.
4. If you are crossing the Danube at the city of Ruse there is a bridge toll tax - 6 Euro in one direction and 2 Euro in the other direction.
5. For those coming by plane. In case you need help with the transport to the hotel let us know. We will try to come and pick you with a car.
6. It is expected that temperatures during the tournament weekend will be over 30 degrees. Don t worry, there is air-conditioner in the SWOS hall and in the hotel rooms.
7. Some approximate prices in Bulgaria:
- Beer 1-2 Euro (at the tournament we will have beer at 1.3 Euro)
- Cigarettes 2.5 Euro
- Taxi (0.5 Euro per km)
- Beach chaise-longue 3 Euro per day
- Beach Umbrella 3 Euro per day
Of course all these prices may vary.

More
12 years 9 months ago #103054 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Thanks a lot Marin, it s really useful. I just don t understand one thing:

Bringing Euro or Dollars is possible but there are a few change bureaus in Varna that will offer you bad exchange rates.

And now you say exchange rate is set. Could you please clarify that.

Many thanks

More
12 years 9 months ago #103069 by Marin Parushev
Bulgarian National Bank has fixed the exchange rate to 1 Euro = 1.95583 Leva. Therefore all banks and most change bureaus will offer to exchange 1 Euro for 1.95 - 1.96 Leva.
Exchange rate US Dollar - Leva is not fixed - it varies over time and right now is approximately 1 US Dollar = 1.37686 Leva.
Exchange rate British Pound - Leva is not fixed too. Right now 1 Pound = 2.20 Leva and banks may offer you deals like we buy 1 pound for 2.10 Leva .
As I wrote before there exist some change bureaus that do tricks and try to cheat their customers by hiding the exchange rates which are bad for you.
Make sure when exchanging Euro to Leva you get at least 1.94-1.95 Leva for each Euro. That is the correct exchange rate.

More
12 years 9 months ago #103075 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Got it, cheers.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds