Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #110981 by Playaveli
A few hints for the organizers to attain more attention (-- people):
- send invitation emails to the industry, magazines, retro communities (and maybe get/ask for some prize-sponsoring)!
- promotion on Facebook: Post the event in every Sensible group/site on FB, plus reminders every two weeks
- promotion on gaming forums! Post the event details literally everywhere it may fit in!!

Maybe this should have been done at the beginning of the year already, but nevertheless, give it a try!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #110990 by Blazej_Bdg
i m coming with Elmichaj :) See you!!

• PeterSP72
  • PeterSP72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #110993 by PeterSP72
Replied by PeterSP72 on topic Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo
@Blazej, are you planning to score with a header?

On a serious note, I have a statement to make about some messages receiving me concerning the closing date on joining Sensidays 2012. At first I copied some of the information that was used to announce last years Sensidays (Varna). So it came that the closing date for payment was set on April 1st, leaving some players confused wether this date was final or not.
I have recently removed the date (also because it has been April 1 yet). There is no intention of getting you in a hurry, any player is still welcome to join in. There are still a lot of places left, so don t hesitate and feel free to join in if you like to. I hope to have solved any misunderstanding about joining the next Sensidays.

Regards,

pspin

• PeterSP72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #110995 by PeterSP72
21 persons have yet checked in, 20 players and 1 guest.
So with a maximum of 56 entries, there are still 35 beds left for useage.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111050 by djowGer
Looking through previous posts, It seems hardware for the Amiga and PC tournament will not be a problem, but what about the Xbox 360 Tournament?

What I am concerned about is of course those adaptors which makes it possible to use your favorite amiga/pc controller on the console. I only heard that a friend of Redhair made one, who has this one atm? And can we copy this to make a few more? From what i heard there was no adaptors present at Varna, which is sad for a world cup. If we don t come up with a solution, obviously gamepad players has a huge advantage (MCT, Bomb, Playaveli etc... )
I do understand from codemasters forum and others that it is not so easy to build these adaptors, like keypads, but what can we do to solve this?

More
11 years 11 months ago #111051 by dior

What I am concerned about is of course those adaptors which makes it possible to use your favorite amiga/pc controller on the console. I only heard that a friend of Redhair made one, who has this one atm? And can we copy this to make a few more?

Although I never done it before it seems to be quite simple: www.xbox-scene.com/articles/amiga-connector.php

• PeterSP72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #111054 by PeterSP72
As far as I know Xbox matches are played with standard Xbox controllers. I don´t have plans or expectations to change this for the coming tournament. You do strike a point though, like topics such as the structure of a tournament, also this kind of topics should have agreement that could lead to general acceptance/policy.

Back to you point Djowger, if you don´t practice Xbox, you don´t have an advantage anyway.. And if you do practice and you don´t have an adaptor of some kind, you are probably playing with a standard controller anyway..

More
11 years 11 months ago #111068 by djowGer

Although I never done it before it seems to be quite simple: www.xbox-scene.com/articles/amiga-connector.php

Nice one. But that is for the old xbox controller, not the the 360 one. I google searched if you can use the old controller on the new machine, but it doesn t seems like it works that way.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111069 by kuba55
Hi!

I just would like to confirm that I m coming to SensiDays 2012. I guess I ll be spending my evenings with SWOS from now on. Need to get some practice :)

Ok, see you there guys (and gals?)!

More
11 years 11 months ago #111075 by AndYpsilon
Hey Pspin.

Can you please give a detailed information what food and drinks is included in the starting fee? Some players asked me.

Thx a lot.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds