Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo

• PeterSP72
  • PeterSP72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #111486 by PeterSP72
Replied by PeterSP72 on topic Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo
It s a good thing that you mention this Andypsilon. I was about to bring a TFT myself. What do you think is less about these monitors when playing SWOS? I play all my matches on it and I don t see any difference myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #111487 by HairFU
I am not the biggest PC Player, but I recognize that difference on a LCD TV, when I had plug in an Amiga. It is more about the flair that you have, when you play the game. Look on www.alvarezeninternet.com/mamescart/compara.jpg (left one is on a LCD monitor - in the middle is a emulator with filters - on the right it s the picture on a CRT display). Old pixel graphic looks fresher on old CRT display.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111488 by Bomb
hey peter, I pay at the beginning of june. hope its not too late

cheers

More
11 years 10 months ago #111489 by dior
MaxBomb is comming, the biggest bomb in SWOS World! CU Mate ;)

• PeterSP72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #111490 by PeterSP72
@Bomb it s ok with me.

• PeterSP72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #111491 by PeterSP72
@HairFU Thanks for the info. I ll take my TFT with me and on the Days we can see the difference as well. I never felt any complaints about playing on my own monitor, so I am looking forward to the other player s opinions.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111493 by AndYpsilon

@HairFU Thanks for the info. I ll take my TFT with me and on the Days we can see the difference as well. I never felt any complaints about playing on my own monitor, so I am looking forward to the other player s opinions.

In my opinion HairFU is right. And I think monitors that are bigger than 17 doesn t really suit for PC-SWOS - it s too big for old pixel graphics.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #111494 by djowGer
If possible we should definitely go for non-tft/lcd screens. Despite that PC swos runs at 60hz which most tft/lcd uses, and the contrast generally better there is still a slight input lag on these screens, especially on older models. But I guess you have to have played on it to understand.

As I see it, the best possible way to play swos screen-wise, is with flat crt tv/monitors at around 14 -15 -17 . Some of you may know the sony trinitron series they made. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD_Trinitron
Here is an example of a pc from sony as trinitron monitor: www.ebay.nl/itm/PC-Monitor-Sony-Bildschi...ore_Flachbildschirme hash=item27c708f42b#ht_500wt_949

Dell, Philips and others also made models similar to this. Only downside is that they are quite heavy.

And a tv (i actually have this model which I found cheap at a fleamarket): ii.alatest.com/product/600x400/5/3/Sony-KV-14LT1U-0.jpg
this tv + rgb scart cable is the best i have seen so far for amiga swos. so if you re a amiga swos player and see this model somewhere cheap - buy it! :) It might not be as retro as a real amiga screen but, I simply think image quality is better.
Found 2 of them in germany ebay:
www.ebay.de/itm/Sony-KV14-LT1E-CRT-Ferns...6618?pt=DE_TV_Martin hash=item43afc203ea#ht_500wt_949
www.ebay.de/itm/Sony-Fernseher-Modell-KV...3969?pt=DE_TV_Martin hash=item4ab74ea301#ht_500wt_949

klaris and I also have 2 of this tv from philips which I highly recommend: picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/EnttarmCup2012#5700859725361354498
picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/EnttarmCup2012#5700860813309583714

It is not completely flat but almost as good as the sony models. usually also has a remote so that you adjust brightness/contrast for dark/bright pitches. the good sony/philips models is the way to go imho.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111502 by Bomb
if theres some space in elmicha s car, i bring my pc + old screen ^^

More
11 years 10 months ago #111510 by AndYpsilon
I ll talk to Paider if we can also bring one PC and monitor with us.

@Djowger: Very nice summary :)

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds