Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 10 months ago #23314 by Marin Parushev

I will lend you my cell phone so you can call your parents. Promised.

You know this is expensive, don t you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #23315 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

You know this is expensive, don t you?

There is nothing more valuable than calling one s parents to say everything s fine if they re concerned.

@ mt:

Thanks for posting your intentions in this topic. Maybe it helped others to make up their mind to see different sides of it.
But I can assure you that we all share the same love for the same game, especially if you spend money to run a website, like Junior and we do.
Some love only the gameplay, some also love the rest what this box offers us, with all its content:

It s only a matter of taste and interpretation. Good bye and thanks for wishing us GL, GG, U2, RE, THX.
And to keep the online players a bit happy I am sure Palli will bring his chat-cards:
picasaweb.google.com/Waenae81/Mitteldeut...#5082263458146781058 :D

More
16 years 10 months ago #23317 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

You have free choice of controller for ANY game.

Keyboard, Propad, Joystick, what you like! In ANY game of the tournament. Amiga PC....well....ok Amiga keyboard does not work. So propads in this case! :)

That s great news for me - didn t know that :)

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #23330 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Junior , if you got bored, ask yourself why you don t have fun playing swos, don t blame the fair rules.
If you at ISSA have the magic , good for you. I love swos enough i don t need to add luck or whatever you add in denmark to have more excitement...are you sure you love swos?
It s weird because i agree with you when you talk about no penalties but replays after O.T. , so i would expect from you a similar approach to the injury issue too (and by the way about that rule, keep the faith, SS.de can t become too ISSAish all at once after all, give admins some time).
Fair rules for everyone should be the start in top level competition.
If that is a funcup...that s a different story, but you must take jamaica or tunisia in that case, brazil or italy are too professional.

I would prefer a fair tournament and an unhappy Junior more than the opposite , every day.
If a player can t start full power at min 0 while his opponent can and that happens just for a rule, well, that is unfair.

Ok i stop posting in this topic.
Have fun and good luck to all participants of sensidays 2007 ! :)

I know you won t reply since you just stated that in your last post, so please excuse me for having the last word in this discussion.
I get plenty of joy from playing sensible no matter what the conditions are. No matter how bad a competition is, I ll always enjoy the game. But after hosting two major SWOS competitions a year since last century I ve come to realise that some tournaments are just much better than others.
Some tournaments have completely unfair rules, a lot of action, but in the end they re just silly. Other tournaments are extremely fair, everything has been regulated to achieve the highest amount of fairness (10 min games, no tactics, superteams etc. etc.), but in the end they re just not very exciting. You forget about them quickly and they become unimportant. Other tournaments balance the two opposites.
I didn t enjoy myself at last Sensible Days because I saw all the wasted potential in front of me. There was no cheering, no epic. Greg won the tournament while one of our best players Peter was taking a nap. So don t say I didn t enjoy myself because I don t love SWOS enough. IMO that s just an acusation from an offline rookie who has no clue what he s talking about. Sorry, I don t mean to offend you. But when you re questioning my love for SWOS you deserve it. For me, it just shows how little you know about having a straight-up, good, fair and at the same time exciting and epic tournament. Hopefully, you ll come to know what I m talking about.

More
16 years 10 months ago #23332 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Junior , if you got bored, ask yourself why you don t have fun playing swos, don t blame the fair rules.
If you at ISSA have the magic , good for you. I love swos enough i don t need to add luck or whatever you add in denmark to have more excitement...are you sure you love swos?
It s weird because i agree with you when you talk about no penalties but replays after O.T. , so i would expect from you a similar approach to the injury issue too (and by the way about that rule, keep the faith, SS.de can t become too ISSAish all at once after all, give admins some time).
Fair rules for everyone should be the start in top level competition.
If that is a funcup...that s a different story, but you must take jamaica or tunisia in that case, brazil or italy are too professional.

I would prefer a fair tournament and an unhappy Junior more than the opposite , every day.
If a player can t start full power at min 0 while his opponent can and that happens just for a rule, well, that is unfair.

Ok i stop posting in this topic.
Have fun and good luck to all participants of sensidays 2007 ! :)

I know you won t reply since you just stated that in your last post, so please excuse me for having the last word in this discussion.
I get plenty of joy from playing sensible no matter what the conditions are. No matter how bad a competition is, I ll always enjoy the game. But after hosting two major SWOS competitions a year since last century I ve come to realise that some tournaments are just much better than others.
Some tournaments have completely unfair rules, a lot of action, but in the end they re just silly. Other tournaments are extremely fair, everything has been regulated to achieve the highest amount of fairness (10 min games, no tactics, superteams etc. etc.), but in the end they re just not very exciting. You forget about them quickly and they become unimportant. Other tournaments balance the two opposites.
I didn t enjoy myself at last Sensible Days because I saw all the wasted potential in front of me. There was no cheering, no epic. Greg won the tournament while one of our best players Peter was taking a nap. So don t say I didn t enjoy myself because I don t love SWOS enough. IMO that s just an acusation from an offline rookie who has no clue what he s talking about. Sorry, I don t mean to offend you. But when you re questioning my love for SWOS you deserve it. For me, it just shows how little you know about having a straight-up, good, fair and at the same time exciting and epic tournament. Hopefully, you ll come to know what I m talking about.

Hey, i see your point about balance, that makes sense, well said.

More
16 years 10 months ago #23340 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

IMO that s just an acusation from an offline rookie who has no clue what he s talking about. Sorry, I don t mean to offend you. But when you re questioning my love for SWOS you deserve it. For me, it just shows how little you know about having a straight-up, good, fair and at the same time exciting and epic tournament. Hopefully, you ll come to know what I m talking about.

What are you talking about, how do you know he is offline rookie, he maybe played more offline games and tournaments than you. With other part of your post i agree with you, you nicley said your opinion.

More
16 years 10 months ago #23341 by Playaveli

IMO that s just an acusation from an offline rookie who has no clue what he s talking about. Sorry, I don t mean to offend you. But when you re questioning my love for SWOS you deserve it. For me, it just shows how little you know about having a straight-up, good, fair and at the same time exciting and epic tournament. Hopefully, you ll come to know what I m talking about.

What are you talking about, how do you know he is offline rookie, he maybe played more offline games and tournaments than you.

He (mt) admitted himself that he only played with some of his friends in former times (which is still very nice). And mt653 did not take part in Offline events since the last century with 20-30 people attending each one and with results being entered in a website with professional manner.
Nobody needs to be a prophet to know that.

So, please, stay realistic.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #23343 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
So you are telling the junior knew that ??
That is only that matter, if he didnt know he cant acuse and there is no difference in 6 people thy league and 30.

Now this is the last one from me i dont want to bring heat any more.
I wish all the luck to Sensi Days and hope it will be the biggest event ever.

I am sad that i can t come, hope to cu you next year.

HF 8)

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #23344 by Playaveli

So you are telling the junior knew that ??
That is only that matter, if he didnt know he cant acuse and there is no difference in 6 people thy league and 30.

Now this is the last one from me i dont want to bring heat any more.
I wish all the luck to Sensi Days and hope it will be the biggest event ever.

I am sad that i can t come, hope to cu you next year.

HF 8)

Thanks, would be nice to meet you next year.
The record for biggest ever is hard to beat if you judge it straight from the number of persons attending it. On the WST 2003 (or 2002?) there were 54 people. We ll see if we can top that. But that s very very tricky. If you ask me, it s impossible. But we will come close I hope.

And from the pure level of playing...well you will be the first to see the SWOS++ replays and Videos from Amiga. So you can judge it yourself.

And about Junior knowing that or not... Well, don t you think mt would have posted his impressions from the events he visited? That s no religion, mate... ;)

Anyways, we ll see how it goes. If it s bad, be sure we ll change the rules to make it better again. That s what we have always been doing (or trying at least).

Good bye.

More
16 years 10 months ago #23442 by M4RK
Replied by M4RK on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
what if the last three 4bedrooms are gone

do the rest needs to sleep in the dining room? (enough space)
just in the hall?
on the toilet? :D

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds