Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 9 months ago #23206 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
There s always a chance that you re really unlucky and loose a good player for a lot of matches. But to say that luck will be the deciding factor in DIY is simply wrong. No one has ever won a group or qualified for the 8th finals in ISSA because of luck. It s skills.

And furthermore, this argument might sound a bit silly, but I personally think it s more real SWOS to play DIY leagues. The DIY leagues are a whole different dimension to SWOS that many of you online players need to experience for real. I can t explain it, but SWOS creates leagues that will make your stomach hurt and your fingers tremble.
And by the way, if there s a Top Scorer award, you need the stats from the DIY league to measure. So it s a given.

@ Pallister, I really do think you re overreacting. It s not that I don t respect your arguments, but judging from my experiences you are being a tee bit too worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23207 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
To overreact and to be worried are two completely different things. So how can u say both about my opinion in one paragraph?

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23214 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

You can t mean it serious that I have to open my horizon to agree with u in case of this rule. Btw...I played tons of friendly leagues. And I know that injures happen more often than I like it. Doesn t matter if it s a 10-player-league or a 4-player-league, ? is ? and black cross is black cross.

Did I asked you to agree with the rule anywhere? No... I just told you to at least give it a fair chance and try it. That cannot be so bad. You won t die trying...

Black crosses? What are you talking about. If this happens to you, you should blame yourself.
If your player gets tackled and gets injured it is NEVER straight a black cross. He is first only slighty injured or has a red cross with a number (blinking on bench). And if you then keep playing with him it s your own fault...isn t it?

Well, playaveli , at this point i think you should quit with ss.de and join ISSA...

We already all belong to each other. Regard this:
web.ring23.com/list.pl?ringid=sensi

We re sitting in the same boat.
The Sensible Days unite all the small communities offline-wise. And we tried to develope rules that are suitable for everyone. For ss.de (free controller choice, auto-replays off, DIY CUP in KO and so on.)... and for others ike MCT from Serbia, Marin who knows it from Bulgaria and yes, also the ISSA.
I think everybody should think again what the Sensible Days are...it is not a stand-alone competition for ss.de online players. It s something for everybody. God damn...
We are trying to find a good balance here. That s what I meant with opening ones horizon. We are not alone in this Sensible World of Soccer.

And in the end the best player will win the cup. No doubt about it.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23216 by Junior
@ Pallister Being too worried and overreacting is the same to me. Again, I m not saying that I don t respect the fact that you re worried about injures, I m just trying to calm you down. It s really not a big deal. When you ve experienced the advantages of DIY leagues and all the excitement they bring to an offline tournament, you won t even consider doing it any other way. Of course it s not a good thing if your striker gets injured for 4 matches, but these things also happen to your opponents. Basically: when you measure the pros and cons of playing DIY leagues compared to friendlies the latter just don t give the atmosphere and excitement to the game that a SWOS tournament deserves. In the end, the best player is ALWAYS the winner. Whoever wins a competition will always be the best. Luck can only take you through a match or two, it will never decide the outcome of a tournament. Never.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23218 by Junior
I think Playaveli said it best when he declared that he s not interested in a clinical tournament. Sensible Days should be a real tournament with all the blood, sweat, tears and cheering that a real World Championship has.
Sensible Days needs that! It needs stories of grandor and of great tragedies.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23220 by Playaveli
And in saying it sucks , it s a lottery , it s unfair (all quotes from various people)...you do nothing else than damaging the reputation of this tournament. And I can t live with that. I really hate that.
With all your argueing about unfairness (which is proven non-existant) you maybe scare away neutral people who may think of coming.

(Bad mouthing something is illegal if you take it serious...just for the record.) And literally you do nothing else.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23221 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Sensible Days needs that! It needs stories of grandor and of great tragedies.

The first need for a tournament is fairness imo. I don t see that granted with swos giving randomized injury times. Talking about fairness... anyone wanna talk about custom tacs? :P (I m obviously kidding at the second point)

More
16 years 9 months ago #23222 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Black crosses? What are you talking about. If this happens to you, you should blame yourself.
If your player gets tackled and gets injured it is NEVER straight a black cross. He is first only slighty injured or has a red cross with a number (blinking on bench). And if you then keep playing with him it s your own fault...isn t it?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!
Playa...please tell me that u don t mean THIS serious. Or my opinion about you as a Well-Knowing-SWOS guy must be changed immediately.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23225 by Playaveli

The first need for a tournament is fairness imo.

The first need for a tournament like this is to find rules which are suitable for all players and to determine and make sure that the best player wins the tournament. This is given. In the KO rounds we play like anytime. You are not alone in this world. We have to treat all with the same care and respect. And this is something some people don t see here.
They only see, hey, I played 2000 matches online, so the rules must be like I know them...

@Pallister: If you get fouled on Sensi Days and it is a black cross from all out of NOTHING I pay you 100 Euros. ;) Will you pay me if it does not happen?

More
16 years 9 months ago #23226 by Junior
@ Stromberg: don t worry this is a fair system. My only worry about Sensible Days is the fact that there s only one replay if a KO match ends in a draw. I think there should be two rematches, thus limiting the chance of penalties. I think you guys should be more worried about being knocked out by a penalty competition than because of an injury.

And Stromberg: injuries are not random. They depend of how you and your opponent play.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds