Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 9 months ago #23120 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
bah, this idea sucks more and more :(

takes a lot of fun outta the cup :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23123 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
You are overreacting.

The groups will have about 9 players. So in the end the strongest players will make it. No way around it.
It s like in real football, talking about if this, if that, if here, if there... that screams for being named an excuse.

Injured players a problem? I don t think so... ok, one striker can get injured. But the teams like Real, Italy etc have enough good players on the bench. All of them.
And the DIY league is in SWOS, it belongs to the game. We play a SWOS tournament in groups, so why not taking what the beautiful game offers us. Injuries and red cards BELONG to this game. Why shall we switch it off?

And in the end it s still the same rules and conditions for all. So talking about unfairness is misplaced.

@Pallister: A lottery? lol... in the end the strongest player will win this tournament. So it s no lottery.

And the DIY-league has another BIG advantage. Noone can be lazy and not playing his games. Or wait too long until he plays.
When it s his turn in the DIY league he MUST play. No time will get lost. Ok, we can do it like you and spend hours to create the schedule. But what for?

Talking about lottery and unfairness and whatever before having even played in such a big tournament is only prejudice. Nothing else.
Talk again when the Sensible Days are over and when you have made your experience.
(no disrespect to Poul s cup, but that is not comparable, because a group of 9 players flows and goes TOTALLY different than one of 4 or 5).

I played in the ISSA tournament, where they use DIY leagues and have about 7 or 8 players per group. No problems there. And they have done it for ages. And being in the game all the time and getting the schedule computed by SWOS can create a really special atmosphere. It s the salt in the soup.

Thanks. Have a nice day.

PS: Hey, you talk about the group stage here. If anything, the KO-rounds are essential here. Because you have only 2 games and if you get injured 3 players you only got 1 game left to work with it. So maybe you should critize your own tournaments. LOL.
In the groups you will have about 18 (!!!) matches... ::) So if someone gets injured for 2 games, you either have a good subs or enough games left to repair your lost points, if you loose them at all because of this (which still is an excuse).

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23125 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Playaveli, i think big groups is not a good idea.
I d be quite upset to lose suker (black cross, losing him for the rest of the league) after , for example, the first game for the random effect of injuries .
It s an advantage i wouldn t like to give my opponents.
Even considering the fact that opponent can injure too, it doesn t change my opinion at all, because it s all about the luck factor and i don t want to play a league hoping my opponents will lose a player or more during the league.
In a top level event like sensidays luck should not be involved, or at least as less as possible ( see P.Ks).
I think all players have the right to start every game with equal chances and without Handicaps...when that is possible.
I am experienced enough to say that is frustrating to play vs brazil (with all players in good conditions) , without suker raul and maybe an injured redondo...and that is what it s clearly possible playing a league that way.
Of course players could be injured during a single game too , but that s the part of the luck factor in swos we re used to handle and accept. Aware the next game we ll start with players in perfect conditions, again.
My opinion : play as friendly games.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23126 by Playaveli

Playaveli, i think big groups is not a good idea.

Big groups is a must because:

A) A big league with 40 players is impossible (time reasons)

and

B) Small groups of 4 players are not good. People shouldn t travel 1000km to be kicked out after 3 or 6 matches.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23127 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
no no, sorry , i meant playing the groups games as a league instead of playing all games as friendly and writing result on an external table on a pc or on paper...

More
16 years 9 months ago #23128 by Playaveli

Well, I hope there is no player then who only tackles and tackles and tackles when he has no chance to win.

There will be NOONE doing that. We are playing the Sensible Days with only fair and friendly people. Nobody will damage his own reputation by literally concentrating on fouling. It s offline....not online. You cannot hide behind your IP and desk.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23129 by Marin Parushev
Reading the last articles here I have some questions:
1) In knock-out we will play knock-outs with 1 round and 1 or 2 legs, right?
2) Is it ok to switch your team if you continue to knock-outs? (i.e. I played with Real in group and I play with Brazil in knock-out)
3) What do you think guys, if a player is mispaced (let s say you put Redondo as attacker) do you think he is more likely to get injured?

Regarding the league idea... we practise it a lot in Bulgarian local non-official tournaments. As a matter of fact we create a whole DIY tournament. And because we play DIY tournaments some players try to injure others so that in the knock-outs the injuries stay.
I approve the league idea. My SWOS friends approve it too.
And finally 1 more thing, usually I foul a lot. Don t hate me for that. It is a part of the game Sensible Soccer . My friends say We play Sensible Soccer, not Sensible Ballet . So injuries and red cards should be something normal.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23131 by Marin Parushev
Playaveli: Nobody will damage his own reputation by literally concentrating on fouling.
Dude, as I told you, when we play offline in Sofia, all dirty tricks are allowed. If you are sure to win a game (leading 2-3 goals in the last 15 mins) why not try and injure your opponent s players and make his life harder?

More
16 years 9 months ago #23132 by Playaveli

Reading the last articles here I have some questions:
1) In knock-out we will play knock-outs with 1 round and 1 or 2 legs, right?
2) Is it ok to switch your team if you continue to knock-outs? (i.e. I played with Real in group and I play with Brazil in knock-out)
3) What do you think guys, if a player is mispaced (let s say you put Redondo as attacker) do you think he is more likely to get injured?

Regarding the league idea... we practise it a lot in Bulgarian local non-official tournaments. As a matter of fact we create a whole DIY tournament. And because we play DIY tournaments some players try to injure others so that in the knock-outs the injuries stay.

1) 2 legs; if draw on agg. a replay match will decide (perhaps plus extra time/penalty shoot-out)

2) Yes, you may do that. But be honest, who will?

3) I don t know. Only speculation. We may ask Chris Chapman

And: After the leagues there will be new KO-rounds. Injuries/cards from groups WILL NOT HAVE EFFECT on Knockouts.

Playaveli: Nobody will damage his own reputation by literally concentrating on fouling.
Dude, as I told you, when we play offline in Sofia, all dirty tricks are allowed. If you are sure to win a game (leading 2-3 goals in the last 15 mins) why not try and injure your opponent s players and make his life harder?

Not comparable. The Sensible Days are not a regional event in Sofia. ;)

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23135 by Playaveli

Well, I hope there is no player then who only tackles and tackles and tackles when he has no chance to win.

There will be NOONE doing that. We are playing the Sensible Days with only fair and friendly people. Nobody will damage his own reputation by literally concentrating on fouling. It s offline....not online. You cannot hide behind your IP and desk.

Another note:

Fouling other players increases the risk of getting booked and red cards. Don t forget that. So you score a metaphoric owngoal if you foul all the time and get your players suspended.
Attack wins games...defense wins titles! Recent example: Central Germany Cup! ;)

If you are sure to win a game (leading 2-3 goals in the last 15 mins) why not try and injure your opponent s players and make his life harder?

Because I need all my defenders against Rasmus. I cannot afford Ronaldao and Aldair being sent off or double-booked because of non-sense. Nobody can.

PS: We all know that slide-tackling on that level is really too dangerous for oneself. If you miss a tackle the risk is too high that you concede a goal. Play against the likes of Coolio, Lucaa or whoever. If you slide-tackle too much you loose.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds