Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 9 months ago #23139 by M4RK
Replied by M4RK on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

And finally 1 more thing, usually I foul a lot. Don t hate me for that. It is a part of the game Sensible Soccer . My friends say We play Sensible Soccer, not Sensible Ballet . So injuries and red cards should be something normal.

this is so true...
some players are just tacklers... and if they will play like that in the diy league instead of friendly matches.. all faces will go mad :D

But about the luck factor:
Sometimes a player is injured for 1 match, 2 matches or even the whole season... this is just wait and see and let the computer decide whats the punishment..

@ playa: about the red cards... in the game there are to few red cards to be given... this is will never compensate the damage been done to the injuries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23140 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Some people call me the space cowboy
Some call me the butcher of swos

I use slide-tackling a lot in the midfield to interrupt passes... and now and then (some might say quite often) I injure some players coz I accidently hit them. So if I get a red card it s surely my personal unluck. But when I injure an opponents player which may be out for a few games or the whole first round I KNOW some ppl who will be in furious anger, blaming me for having killed their tournament and that would suck badly.

The idea of a DIY league for a fluent tournament procedure is great. In some way Pallister did it the same way on the CGC with the fixtures. But even I would be pissed when I get my players injured for 2+ matches and I consider myself as a rather calm guy.

Well it s not 100% sure that I can come though so maybe you guys are lucky with not having me in your group ;)

On the other hand if the danish and bulgarian guys did report successful events with it and the games to be played were on similar size we don t have to worry I guess.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23141 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

@ playa: about the red cards... in the game there are to few red cards to be given... this is will never compensate the damage been done to the injuries

Maybe true. But remember, you will play an amount of 18 matches and also yellow cards will have an effect. And the schudule of DIY leagues is uncheatable. So you may miss your best defenders against Redhair maybe. Same speculation as with injuries. We just don t know. In football, everything can happen.
And again: Remember that slide-tackling too much against top players is suicide... So you are happy to injure a player but then fail to qualify because your goal difference is too bad. ;) Bravo...

On the other hand if the danish and bulgarian guys did report successful events with it and the games to be played were on similar size we don t have to worry I guess.

Exactly. They have the experience some people here don t have.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23142 by M4RK
maybe some interesting note... there will be:
- Beer
- SWOS = emotions
- a lot of matches

i think there will be certain players... like me.. will just forget to save

then the whole match has to be played over again

)_______________________________________________________________)))))))))))

i still like the idea tough!!!

i cant say its good or bad because i have never played a diy league with so many human players before...

but one things for sure: New influence on sensidays!

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23143 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
I fully support this way of making the tournament!
As many of you know, we in ISSA have had 16 major offline tournaments often with around 30 participants. DIY leagues is the only way to do it. First of all: it creates a natural flow. This means that you get the feeling of being in a group. SWOS creates the combination of matches which means youll have to play when swos tells you too. Furthermore, when the groups are almost over you will see that some groups will become EXTREMELY exciting with people fighting to qualify to the next round. This can only happen with DIY leagues. You cannot create the same tension and atmosphere any other way. Trust me.

And about the injuries. Normally, top players rarely injure eachother. Maybe they can give a minor injury, so the player is still able to play but at a slower pace. Those who give really bad injuries are normally the unexperienced players. Now, ISSA usually have a lot of participants and a lot of them are not top players. So you can meet a someone who has no clue how to tackle right. But still, I cant remember it ever being a problem.
One time, my best striker was out for the entire group play, but you choose a team that is able to handle such a problem. It is part of tactic.
Injuries does add another dimension to the game as well: sportsmanship. You have to play nice and fairly, otherwise you re either an amatour or an a******. The only guarantee for this sportsmanship is having injuries as an option. That way you both have a weakness that you expect eachother not to take advantage of. I ve never seen anyone intentionally trying to injure opponents in a DIY league. In friendlies, you can play as rough as you want because there are no consequences. That s not a good thing IMO.
And besides, when the tournaments start to get really sticky during the KO, you will have all your players uninjured.

And about saving. We ve played 2337 official games in ISSA. And everyone, even newcomers, have always remembered to save after each match.

We ve been playing like this since 1999 and I ve never heard anyone complain.

I am fully convinced that you will all be very satisfied with this way of making the tournament. After playing in DIY leagues I ll be surprised if any of you will want to go back to friendlies again.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23144 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

You are overreacting.

Hmmm...I wrote down my opinion. A pity that u see this like an overreaction. Finally we all now u make it your way, doesn t matter what anyone says. And it s right to do it that way, it s your tournament.

It s like in real football, talking about if this, if that, if here, if there... that screams for being named an excuse.

A pity too...noone is searching for excuses. I think this is overreacting. Just saying opinions has nothing to do with searching for excuses.
But who will be the first who ll say (when he s loosing a final without 2 strikers): Naah...without 2 strikers it was not that easy to win. Without these injures I d won the match!

@Pallister: A lottery? lol... in the end the strongest player will win this tournament. So it s no lottery.

We ll see what some players will say after the tourney...because to play without your best defender, midfielder and/or striker would be very difficult. So if a Playaveli can t score his goals vs me because of missing his best players...are u sure that the best player won (if it s me) this match? LOL. U can t mean it serious, sry.

@Pallister: Ok, we can do it like you and spend hours to create the schedule. But what for?

What do u want to tell me? This sentence was totally needless to write in this thread. Creating a gameplan is a lot of work, right. But it sounds like a devaluation of my tournament-rules. Don t do this only because u don t want to spend this time or whatever.

Talking about lottery and unfairness and whatever before having even played in such a big tournament is only prejudice. Nothing else.

Our most experienced chieftain has spoken...U forgot your FULLSTOP! ;)

PS: Hey, you talk about the group stage here. If anything, the KO-rounds are essential here. Because you have only 2 games and if you get injured 3 players you only got 1 game left to work with it.

Hmmm...looks like u see it a bit different as I do. I explain: I play my first group match for example. One of my strikers is injured for 4 matches in this one. The 2nd match I loose Ehiogu (Hierro) with a ? for x matches. In the 3rd match I loose my 2nd striker for 2 matches. Supposing that all player are immediately 100 % ok after their mised matches (no bandage, which can last a few matches too) I ll play the next 2 matches without 3 of my best players. U ll tell me now, that this is no problem? That it shows my real skills from that point on only? Pft...I strongly disagree, sry! And this has absolutely nothing to do with an excuse for loosing matches.

Playaveli: Nobody will damage his own reputation by literally concentrating on fouling.
Dude, as I told you, when we play offline in Sofia, all dirty tricks are allowed. If you are sure to win a game (leading 2-3 goals in the last 15 mins) why not try and injure your opponent s players and make his life harder?

Congratulations when u meet such an opponent in the tourney. If he means this seriously...no more words!

More
16 years 9 months ago #23145 by Playaveli

i think there will be certain players... like me.. will just forget to save

then the whole match has to be played over again

No way. THere are enough spectators who remind you of saving. And you have to go to windows anyway to recalibrate controllers. So saving won t be forgotten.
And: If we forget to save you repeat the match but own goals are scored to get the same result again. No problem.

@Junior:
Great post. Explains it all.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23146 by Playaveli

Hmmm...looks like u see it a bit different as I do. I explain: I play my first group match for example. One of my strikers is injured for 4 matches in this one. The 2nd match I loose Ehiogu (Hierro) with a ? for x matches. In the 3rd match I loose my 2nd striker for 2 matches. Supposing that all player are immediately 100 % ok after their mised matches (no bandage, which can last a few matches too) I ll play the next 2 matches without 3 of my best players. U ll tell me now, that this is no problem? That it shows my real skills from that point on only? Pft...I strongly disagree, sry! And this has absolutely nothing to do with an excuse for loosing matches.

HAHA....tell me how high is the possibility for that to happen? 0.1 %, or 0.2 %?

LOL.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23147 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

HAHA....tell me how high is the possibility for that to happen? 0.1 %, or 0.2 %?

LOL.

You re an admin. U shouldn t laugh about members posts. That looks like u don t take them serious.

Look at Marin s post and u will recognize that the possibility is much higher. 0,1% or 0,2% is absolutely understated in my opinion. To be injured one time in every match is much more possible than this!

More
16 years 9 months ago #23148 by M4RK

This is truely a new positive fact...

but theres a BUT:

Myritto played in bulgarian tournaments: They played as dirty as possible
Junior played alot of danish tournaments: They played as ballet :P ;)

Even in 2 posts theres a huge difference... u cant predict what will happen on sdays

Furthermore:
Its natural that people do NOT like changes...

we players are common with the friendly matches in a tournament.. changing this to DIY league is a HUGE difference... this means i can understand all the commotion

and about the save-games: allright u two convinced me :D

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds