Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 9 months ago #23167 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
@Falcon

You sound a little whiny and it seems like you don t take it as serious as you should and demand of others.

Another unqualified answer to my post. Didn t expected that my post was not understandable. Read the whole text, and let it to call me whiny :( Just respect my opinion. Is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23169 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
I want to correct the word Lottery to Luck, to play the group mostly with your best possible squad to ensure to show your best SWOS-Style and a good tournament .

Please notice my apology...Lottery wasn t the right description, sry!

Corrected:

Well, I hope there is no player then who only tackles and tackles and tackles when he has no chance to win. I thought this tourney will be played with complete and strong teams all the time. I didn t knew that it will depend on Luck, to play the group mostly with your best possible squad to ensure to show your best SWOS-Style and a good tournament...

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23171 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Everyone who is fouling a lot will lose his players because of revenge-fouls or bookings/sending-offs. So everything is balanced.

P.S.: Remember my red cards last year? :D

More
16 years 9 months ago #23174 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

I want to correct the word Lottery to Luck, to play the group mostly with your best possible squad to ensure to show your best SWOS-Style and a good tournament .

If you manage to win games even with not your best squad you must be a really great player and have tactical (also standard) knowledge and strategy.

Argument hits argument.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23175 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Playaveli, what are you talking about?

Honestly , isn t a fact that an injured player after a game can be injured for ? or black cross or 1-2-3-4 games or just back with bandage the next game while if you play friendly you ll be sure 100% of the times he ll be ok in the replay?

Because this is what i am talking about , no speculations. This is a fact.
About how issa like to play , about how issa people think , hmmmm, i personally don t really care much.
You talk to me like i never played a diy league offline, well you re wrong, i did. I know what i am talking about. It doesn t matter if we were 2-3 or 6 players playing a 24 teams diy league, i know what happens , so please stop with this facts - speculations thing.

If you consider sterile the way we usually play in ss.de , well, i am sorry for you, i have a lot of fun that way (ss.de way) instead.
I don t consider the luck factor (because as you said we don t know if it s going to be an injury or not,that means it s all about luck...and also we don t know how many fouls your opponent will do, because you know...more fouls
more potential injuries) something that can possibly add the fun... :s maybe the opposite, it could help someone being frustrated...with a good reason.
A person aware to have the same chances to win at the beginning of every game will have at least one thing to not complain about if he loses.

I have not to prove you anything, i am not supposed to show you facts. I am just giving my opinion, you don t have to like it, it s enough for me if you try to understand.

you could say : let s play all jamaica so we ll see who s better. It could sure make sense too...and you could find some really interesting facts proving that jamaica is best team to prove real skills too. However, in that case i d say...wouldn t it be easier for people to pick the team they prefer? you could still play jamaica if you want :)

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23176 by Playaveli
mt, the whole thing is speculation. You are just guessing that your players get injured at all... Nothing else.
It s the same speculation if you try to predict that I will get a penalty in a game. Not to talk about the outcome of a match.

And this Jamaica thing stands for it own. What has Jamaica to do with a a DIY league with FREE choice of teams? Not that much I suppose...

I want facts that convince me that a DIY league with same rules for all can be unfair. And nobody can deliver them obviously. That s all.
And to be honest, I consider Junior s opinion as more valuable than yours because he has the experience with the EXACT topic. And you don t have.
I say that complete without disrespect, really.

If Junior tries to tell me something of how to make rules etc for online matches... I would tell him that mt653 s opinion is more valuable because he (you) has the experience to it.

That is normal.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23177 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

In friendlies, you can play as rough as you want because there are no consequences. That s not a good thing IMO.

I like this argument of Junior a lot. In friendlies you probably don t care to do a brutal tackling because a red card wouldn t have consequences for your next matches. Now, you have to decide carefully if you risk a tackling because you need your players for many other matches.

About injuries: I think I will be very, very frustrated when I lose one of my best players - but hey that s football. Luck simply belongs to football. All around the world there are teams who win because they were just lucky! The FC Bayern Munich often just won because of luck :D - it s called Der Bayern-Dusel !

Additionally, many people like SWOS because it s like real football! What about last year s world cup in Germany - there were NO friendlies and the Sensi Days are a World Cup, too! In the match Portugal-Holland there have been many injuries and red cards and Portugal had to cope with such problems in the next round - THAT FOOTBALL AND SWOS IS FOOTBALL: SO WHAT :)

More
16 years 9 months ago #23178 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Just one thing , injuries in swos are way more often then in real football.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23180 by Playaveli

Just one thing , injuries in swos are way more often then in real football.

But you cannot injure on purpose. You never know when someone get s injured. Only speculation.

In real football ok...I can kick you hard in your testicals...but that is not possible in SWOS. So it s balanced...

More
16 years 9 months ago #23184 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Nice debatte, but it will be cool. Even in Knock Out s you can already injure a player and he is injured in the 2nd leg. It s the same, but as a longer group. After the group stage all injuries and bookings are deleted, also after every K.O. round! It s not a lottery but more tactical. As Mark said, you are able to substitute your best players, if you are in lead etc. This is very interesting. And maybe a chance for the underdogs! We should enjoy the game as much as it s made for, with all gimmicks. But we still try to keep it fair enough that the best player will win! Do you think that the best players will not qualify because of a surprising defeat? Don t think so, and the chances are equal to all. Sure, you can try to injure your opponent s players, that s not so easy and you have the risk to get a red card, and you have only 3 mins. It makes not much sense.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds