Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 9 months ago #23149 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Trust me, we don t play like ballett in ISSA, hahaha

As I wrote earlier, there are always a handful of newcomers and unexperienced players in ISSA, and they re usually the ones who make most random tackles that create really bad injuries. But still, it hasn t been a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23151 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Trust me, we don t play like ballett in ISSA, hahaha

HAHA, yes...comparing Rasmus with ballett is not really suitable. ;D

Actually, the sport he does has first to be invented. :)

More
16 years 9 months ago #23153 by M4RK
Replied by M4RK on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
thought the brasilain ppl play(ed) diy leagues as well...

More
16 years 9 months ago #23158 by Falcon
Replied by Falcon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
@ Pallister: Do you really think you re about to lose your best players in the first matches? You sound a little whiny and it seems like you don t take it as serious as you should and demand of others.

Man I wanna be there!

More
16 years 9 months ago #23159 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

@ Pallister: Do you really think you re about to lose your best players in the first matches? You sound a little whiny and it seems like you don t take it as serious as you should and demand of others.

Man I wanna be there!

says someone who doesn t even take part and will not experience how he would feel in that moment....

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #23160 by Playaveli

Man I wanna be there!

says someone who doesn t even take part and will not experience how he would feel in that moment....

...says someone who had no problems in the DIY group of Amiga tournament last year and who has never played in an event with 40 people and who also does not know how it will feel. ;)

Let s all calm down and see how it works. Don t say it sucks before having even tried it.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23161 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
I am sure that Pallister is right and with so many players at SDays there will be some people who will lose close and maybe very important(for qualifying) games just because they have injured players. When the match is to be decided by a single mistake, not having one or two best attackers does make a difference.
However, I accept that risk:) I like the idea of DIY league and I think all in all it ll only let us have more fun.

Of course, someone will be unhappy that he is the chosen one. Just hope it ll be a chilled out person;)

Actually, I ahve the same doubts as Stromberg cause I m also in a group of people who are likely to be hated, because I love sliding:)
but I never think about fouling, just want to get that f*** little ball ;D

My suggestions, maybe a beer, as a compensation for every injured player?:)

More
16 years 9 months ago #23162 by Playaveli

My suggestions, maybe a beer, as a compensation for every injured player?:)

That is a really good suggestion! I can only support this idea! ;)

And let s be real... Nothing is eaten so hot as it has been cooked! Stay cool... you all will love it!

More
16 years 9 months ago #23164 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Ok. I fully quote the 12.32 pallister s post.
I start like he did.
Of course sensidays is your tournament playaveli, you and redhair decide the rules and it couldn t (and shouldn t) be differently. However noone is trying to change rules...but someone is just trying to say his opinion.
This is what a forum is all about.

I must say junior s post are always nice to read , i like his english and his posts are often interesting , of course i can t speak about ISSA people but i can speak about ss.de community knowing the ss.de people , the ss.de community and our online experience (in game as well as in how we relate to each other via chat irc mail forum whatever).
Junior , ss.de community is different than issa...here it s not about unexperienced players fouling opponent s players because they don t know how to play, we re talking about a great part of our community doing that as part of their game strategy; it s been confirmed by myrrito (marin) .... i can tell you he s no noob :) and he s not the only one doing that.

I like to slide tackle and so it can happen i take advantage in the game we are playing injuring your player and that s ok , here we all know and accept this, it s our daily swos bread, but it s unfair my opponent have to play without a key player for the rest of the group phase (it doesn t change if that will or won t happen , that can happen, for me it s enough) , i mean, he lost his best player , sure one the reasons (for some the only reason) he selected brazil (for example) in the first place, what s so exciting about that?

I personally dislike this DIY system in the group phase for a lot of reasons, many of them you can find in pallister s post.

Especially considering you have no second chance , this is one tournament only and if i would join , i would like to play it full power ...not with some sort of starting handicap for no reason.

If you ask me, playing full power (or at least starting full power :) ) every game is more fair.
I think this is not about losing time scheduling , because if we love this game no time is wasted.
So using that wrong approach to things (i mean saying wasted time), someone could say: you are wasting time and money for a silly videogame , for you can be wasted time, where i come from that s called LIVING.

More
16 years 9 months ago #23166 by Playaveli

Ok. I fully quote the 12.32 pallister s post.
I start like he did.
Of course sensidays is your tournament playaveli, you and redhair decide the rules and it couldn t (and shouldn t) be differently. However noone is trying to change rules...but someone is just trying to say his opinion.
This is what a forum is all about.

All ok...

But the first thing he did was calling the tournament a lottery . Good move or what?
Is it a lottery when 3 or 4 players of 40 (!!!) loose their striker for 2 or 3 matches (all other things are unrealistic and not based on facts, regard what Junior said) in the group stage?

In SWOS, there is no button to press for foul or injure players. Not even a player skill that tells you who fouls good (like S C P V and so on).
It s all wild speculation... Not based on facts. What Junior told us is a fact. He delivers his arguments from experience.
We do not play online on Sensi Days. We do not play with only 12 people like in ASL....it s different. And it SHALL BE different.

And we don t want to have a sterile tournament. We want to create an atmosphere like in real football. With all the emotions, booing and cheering...

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds