Re: Sensible Days '07 Betting Shop (PC)

More
16 years 8 months ago #24141 by RobChef
I just know players from online play on ss.de and after reading the other profiles I dont dare to bet. ;D

But I would guess it will be Redhair or Playaveli because of the massive (online) experience. I also think they are real champs and can handle the pressure. They have proven so many times that they can play even better when a game gets intense. Might be their little advantage in this event with just strong players.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24190 by Marin Parushev
I disagree that the major advantage of Playaveli and Redhair is the massive online experience. Currently they both have more than 3000 games but they are not the players with the biggest number of matches. There will be also many players at sensi days with more than 2000 games.
I think their advantages are their good skills and maybe the offline experience.
Consider also the number of big names that are coming to the tournament. I think the chances of Redhair and Playaveli are not much bigger than the chances of the rest of us.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24195 by dzem
I have not seen Playa playing PC, but I m pretty sure he will win amiga competition. He s biggest advantege in such kind of tour is self-confidence . I mean he knows he s damn good and even after loosing two quick accidental goals, he can be sure that s not the end. I m sure all players will be playng till they broke their fingers, but still, Playa is my vote.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24198 by RobChef

I disagree that the major advantage of Playaveli and Redhair is the massive online experience. Currently they both have more than 3000 games but they are not the players with the biggest number of matches. There will be also many players at sensi days with more than 2000 games.
I think their advantages are their good skills and maybe the offline experience.
Consider also the number of big names that are coming to the tournament. I think the chances of Redhair and Playaveli are not much bigger than the chances of the rest of us.

I didn t mean the number of ooo, I meant the many tournaments and finals they played. Also I think they are forced to play their best in leagues every month. Seems to be an advantage for me when you have proven your skills so many times. But we ll see ...

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24200 by Redhair
I think the number of games isn t much that worth than the number of different oppponents you had. It isn t easy to surprise online players because they saw many different kinds of tactics and ways to attack. You learn from every new player. But a PC player has always an advantage because he is used to play on PC, knows exactly what to do. An Amiga player will try to score like on Amiga, this works not always, BUT after some games he will see that it s much easier than expected ;) A PC player on Amiga needs much more time to get used to.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24204 by sensibleswos
oh who cares, lets have some fun!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24207 by Pallister
LET S FIGHT FOR THE WORLD-CHAMPIONSHIP!!! ;D

More
16 years 8 months ago #24212 by dzem
I m not sure what are aims (except from fun and beer tournament;) of amiga-online-only players but I don t suppose they can successfully compete with PC-only players.
I have played only PC for more than ten years. Now after playing few hundred amiga matches in last 3 years (it s not many round here;) it is very diffcult to feel PC style again.

can t wait LifeSenseDays.. my room looks so empty without grand trophy ;P

More
16 years 8 months ago #24214 by m.c.t.
Hey ppl... My bet was on Geo, because I only played against him and he is a great player, very calm. I can only promise that I will give my best to go as far as I can. Best luck to all of you! :)

More
16 years 8 months ago #24274 by Peter
Hi guys!
It s nice to see that you have found the time to tell a few words about the favorites, that are participating in the championship this year.
Personally, i voted for myself ;D - who else would put a vote on me!
Keep an eye on Asboy aswell - you just wait and see!!

Looking foward to the greatest tournament ever in sensible history.

SWOS!

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds