Re: Sensible Soccer 2006 - Mod/Editors Community Read Here...

More
17 years 9 months ago #9002 by Sheepo99
The .ini files also seem pretty easy to edit. A deep investigation in the strings change/result could easily lead us to a complete remake of the physics in game and other stuff. I personally hate the player s speed and the dribbling system. The referees also seems to consider an infraction every tackle your perform! So unsensible like...

Plus, can anyone get ol swos croud chants and ol menu music in .wav files? Amiga version of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Penleeki
  • Penleeki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9064 by Penleeki
Really? I thought the tackle system was pretty similar to swos. Hit the player before the ball and its a foul. Hit the ball first and its not.

More
17 years 9 months ago #9066 by Synchronated

Really? I thought the tackle system was pretty similar to swos. Hit the player before the ball and its a foul. Hit the ball first and its not.

Yep, it s exactly like that.

You have to perform a truly appalling tackle for a foul to be given.

More
17 years 9 months ago #9068 by Synchronated
Re: player names file

Right. Do hex editors have the same options as text editors (ie you can replace all x with y, and make it case sensitive)?

If so, open NamesNw.bin in a hex editor (NOT in a text editor, this makes the file not work) and replace, in this order

a with !
e with
i with £
o with $

(unfortunately there are no u s - more on this later)

then

! with e
with a
£ with o
$ with i

This WOULD work 100% except that in the fake player names there are NO u s whatsoever - and where there are o s there could be u s OR i s, not just i s - so you still have to go through changing some of the i s you put in to u s. Greatly reduces the work to be done though.

• Sganton
  • Sganton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9070 by Sganton
Do you think this could be done with the full version of the game and enable us to rally a release with rela names for all the teams during the weekend?

S

More
17 years 9 months ago #9071 by BHA4EVER

Do you think this could be done with the full version of the game and enable us to rally a release with rela names for all the teams during the weekend?

S

could be done in a matter of hours so yeah could easily be out by sunday evening. I ll be down the pub watching the World Cup though so I wont be doing it :D

• dadiduekappa
  • dadiduekappa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9077 by dadiduekappa
Great work!

The problem of u is the vocal arent pair.. and the u is replaced with random vocal for me..

More
17 years 9 months ago #9080 by Synchronated
If that s true (I m not sure) then that would mean more u s would need to be reinstated once the rest were converted, yeah.

More
17 years 9 months ago #9089 by Sheepo99

Not exactly wha i meant. In swos if you tackled your opponent from behind it would be a foul but only sometimes the referee would show you the yellow card. Now everytime you perfrom a back tackle to your opponent, with or without the ball, the referee immediatly shows you a yellow card.

• dragonskin
  • dragonskin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9105 by dragonskin

Re: player names file....

This WOULD work 100% except that in the fake player names there are NO u s whatsoever - and where there are o s there could be u s OR i s, not just i s - so you still have to go through changing some of the i s you put in to u s. Greatly reduces the work to be done though.

Thanks for the tip, just done this to the real game and worked a treat. Shame about the u s though.

I could do graphic stuff, modded PES/WE quite a bit in my time.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds