Re: Sensible Soccer 2006 - Mod/Editors Community Read Here...

• Styro
  • Styro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9107 by Styro

also.. open view.ini in a text editor and swap everything under [sensi new] for what is under [sensi classic].. Now you can actually see where to hit the ball for a corner.
The ini files are pretty straightforward, so you can tweak the camera to EXACTLY how you like it (high resolution on a big monitor hugely zoomed out looks amazing).

Did exactly that. Everything under NEW was replaced by everything under CLASSIC, didn t notice the slightest difference.
Any suggestions on how to remove that annoying zoom ??
I ve been looking through the view.ini several times, but so far I ve only managed to make the screen black once. Everything else seems to have no effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #9121 by Sheepo99

Did exactly that. Everything under NEW was replaced by everything under CLASSIC, didn t notice the slightest difference.
Any suggestions on how to remove that annoying zoom ??
I ve been looking through the view.ini several times, but so far I ve only managed to make the screen black once. Everything else seems to have no effect.

Same problem here. I used textpad and everything, instead of notepad and no results. Can anyone post a tweaked view file here?

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9123 by Styro
Well did some more tweaking, and it seems every camera input comes from [classic sensi].
I ve removed behaviours one at a time to find which one affects the zoom, but to no avail. I ve seen some ... *ahem* ... interesting camera angles today tho . ;)

It s obvious X is the lenght of the pitch, Z is the width and Y is the height, and changing values for these will prodice the aforementioned interesting angles, but what I really would like to know is how do I get rid of that annoying zoom, the camera does every time it thinks something interesting is happening (or about to happen) ??
A perfect example is right when the game starts as the atts passes to each otrher.

oh and just for kicks, try overwriting the CLASSIC with the NEW :D

... and for even more fun go to [Classic Sensi] and replace this line: Behaviour1Name=Standard Focal Point
with this: Behaviour1Name=None

• Penleeki
  • Penleeki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9160 by Penleeki
Heres my tweaked .ini file. Can t quite seem to completely remove the tendency for the camera to rotate a bit near the corners, but other than that i ve got it just the way I like it:
homepage.ntlworld.com/penleeki/View.ini
Note this is for the demo.

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9167 by Styro
Thanks will try and compare it later today. :)

Any word on what you changed, and how you found these settings ??

Will probably try to mess with the zoom later, I suspect it has to do with the differences between values on the Y axis, and that those changes should be made under Classic Sensi

• Penleeki
  • Penleeki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9170 by Penleeki
I can t remember exactly what I did, as I fiddled with it quite a bit. Some of the stuff I changed didn t seem to work (changing the FOV doesn t seem to do anything), some of it didn t work how I expected (I thought restricting axes similarly for the focal point and camera would lock the camera, but it still rotates sometimes).

If you look at behavour0, you will see it has a name Standard camera . This is where the camera behaviour is defined.
The cameras position is listed as relative to the ball position (makes sense).
By changing the Offset values for behaviour0 you can change the cameras position relative to the ball. Bigger numbers are more zoomed out, double them and you double the camera distance to the ball.

Oddly enough, I ve checked my View.ini again and I was definitely modifying sensi new (works for me). Maybe we have different versions of the demo.

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #9175 by Styro
Love your view.ini, but your right about the rotating. Strange thing is, that it only happens on the right side of the field. I ve tried setting the camera bounds up, but that did absolutely nothing.
Also noticed the camera still zooms in this, albeit not as much as in the default.

*edit*
Maybe if the Z axis was narrowed instead ??
Will test after Poland vs Ecuador

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9177 by Styro
WOOHOO - double post ;D

Got caught up in this so I ll just have to catch the highlights of PL vs EC ...

Penleeki: you must ve edited the [CLASSIC SENSI]. I just compared your ini with the default one, and all changes were in the classic. Also noticed that changes definitely don t take effect unless editing classic. If you try to overwrite the classic with the new settings, you ll get much much closer to the ground, plus camera is tilted more.

BTW solved the rotating problem.

Look at Behaviour2Name=Camera Bounds in CLASSIC
Change the 4 to a 2 in this line: Behaviour2ParameterZMin=-43.500000 and you re all set to go. no more rotating on the right side of the pitch ;)

I ll go to work on eliminating any zoom now, and I might even narrow the camera Z axis a bit to get even closer to the original Sensi

• Wolf_Hook
  • Wolf_Hook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9178 by Wolf_Hook
Is there anymore news on the graphics side of this game?

I am looking to edit graphics, kits especially. I think it would be great to see them little guys running around in authentic strips.

• Oen
  • Oen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9179 by Oen
Any one working on names? I asked on the Codemaster forums about people working on it.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds