Re: Sensible Soccer 2006 - Mod/Editors Community Read Here...

• Styro
  • Styro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9308 by Styro
Can t be arsed to check, but lemme guess, it s the SS06.dat mentioned above tight ?? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #9309 by edasx

Sounds plausible. But doesn t cracks usually come in the form of altered .exes ??

Not the one in gamecopyworld.com which seems to be the only one around. Though it says its a fixed exe, it is actually a dat file you gotta replace.

well if you look into the .dat file you will actually find out that it s just a renamed exe file... and the basic sensiblesoccer2006.exe is just a config/launcher =)

try to rename the .dat file to something.exe and run it =)))

More
17 years 10 months ago #9313 by Sheepo99
I couldnt. dunno why, but every time i tried to rename it to turn into an exe it doesnt work.

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9341 by Styro
Make sure it s not Wrireprotected and not in the sensi folder when you rename it.

Game starts just fine when renaming the .dat to .exe, will try in a bit if it s possible to rename clubs and competetitions.

More
17 years 10 months ago #9343 by Sheepo99
Lol, this might sound funny, but the game works if you simple replace the dat file without changing it to an exe.

More
17 years 10 months ago #9349 by edasx

Lol, this might sound funny, but the game works if you simple replace the dat file without changing it to an exe.

i wish i could understand what you ve meant =)

the reality:

sensiblesoccer2006.exe - launcher
sensiblesoccer2006.dat - the game exe

that s all... if you rename the launcher to whatever it will still launch the .dat file as the game... if you execute the .dat file (by renaming it to .exe or whatever else) then you launch the game directly. that s all.

if you would create any exe file and rename it to sensiblesoccer2006.dat then the launcher would run it =)

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9405 by Styro
Still trying to figure out how to change competition, club and custom names from within the dat and exe w/o getting the !!String Not Found error. I probably won t succeed, simply coz I have next to no idea what I m doing ;)

Anyone know what the bins in the ClubNm.big are for. Looks like all of them just contain all the correct clubnames, but i have no idea what they re for ???

More
17 years 10 months ago #9426 by edasx

Anyone know what the bins in the ClubNm.big are for. Looks like all of them just contain all the correct clubnames, but i have no idea what they re for ???

that s good question... i ve been checking them too, but no idea what they could be for...

• Penleeki
  • Penleeki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9451 by Penleeki
Its a bit of a mystery. I can t seem to locate stuff like london reds anywhere in the data.

• nicoliani
  • nicoliani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9482 by nicoliani
Can we collect money and let some proffesionals mod the game!

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds