Different difficulty between AMIGA version, and PC version (played in AMIGA way)

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143516 by verdealex79
Anyway, something came on my mind when Adrianozzo mentioned the tactics.

Are the tactics the same in SWOS 2020 hdf, and PC SWOS Amiga mode - normal ? Or were they modified in the PC version, even in normal mode?

What I mean is that we could be looking in the wrong place.. we are looking at the goalkeeper, while -MAYBE- we should be looking at the defenders... the increased percentage of savings of the keeper could be due to better defenders.

Let me explain: if the tactics of the "pc version in amiga mode normal" (the way AI player are disposed in the field for the different modules) have been changed and are better than those in SWOS 2020 hdf, it may be that defenders are better and more tightly disposed in the field, always being near the attacker in most of the cases (and while doing so, defending better).

Maybe (just an hypothesis) the original code of Sensi (faithfully brought in PC SWOS 2020) could work in a way that the attacker "shoots better and more accurately" if he is free with defenders far, thats how it works in real soccer. So - should there be better defensive tactics - defenders are nearer most of the time, so the attacker most of the time shoots worse because there is pressure on him... and the worse shoots end in more savings of the keeper.

Could it make sense? Have the tactics been changed, for the "normal amiga mode" of PC swos 2020, compared to SWOS 2020 hdf? I feel that - even while attacking Solomon Islands - there is more pressure on my attacker than in hdf 2020 (but that may be an impression).

If thats the case, the quickest way to offer the same experience of play as Amiga, would be to have an option to play Amiga - normal mode with the original Amiga tactics.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by verdealex79.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143517 by Playaveli
Tactics are the same (normal). And this is a fact, as you can use *.tac files created on DOS, on real Amigas, too.
Also, standard combo headers (a string of headers from goalkick to scoring a goal) work fine, and just as on real Amigas. And they are super reliable on tactics. There is no difference in tactics.

Example:

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Playaveli.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143518 by verdealex79
Ok. My hypotesis is wrong then, its not the tactics.

The mistery stays :-) even running with the original amiga screen option, pc amiga mode normal suffers the "goalkeeper god mode" thing.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143521 by Playaveli
Ok, verdealex79. Can you join discord? I would like to have you on our beta tester team as we are currently experimenting with new builts.

Please check attached highlight and replay file. Playtested with a new built.

My team = Brazil (96/97)
Opposition = Real Madrid (96/97)

Attachments:

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143538 by Playaveli
Issue is hopefully solved! Update executable and try!

Attachments:

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143540 by adrianozzo
What is fascinating is that with a better cpu the defense was better in a perfect way coherently with its purpose in the game. It means that some day it could take life!!!
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by adrianozzo.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143544 by captaincofresi
Nice to see that this issue is now being looked at. Following this thread with much interest. Keep up the good work!

More
3 years 10 months ago #143545 by Playaveli

Nice to see that this issue is now being looked at. Following this thread with much interest. Keep up the good work!

Issue is solved! Update executable with the launcher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 10 months ago #143548 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

And are you also adding this bug to a future build as a feature to increase the difficulty?

More
3 years 10 months ago #143549 by Playaveli

Playaveli wrote:

And are you also adding this bug to a future build as a feature to increase the difficulty?

In TOTAL PACK, yes!

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds