SWOS 2020 thoughts after my first season

More
3 years 11 months ago #143285 by idum
Back then I played the Amiga and Dos version but it was easier to score than in SWOS2020. Even against mediocre teams in SWOS2020(DOS) I have difficulties to win. I have lot of chances but the keeper holds nearly everything and if the computer opponent has a chance he scores. Today I installed your older Version pc_swostp_v.1.5.1 and shot instantly many goals. There is obviously a huge difference in SWOS2020 even if you play the Dos-mode. It's a pity because I like SWOS2020's graphical interface and components very much. So I have to stick to version 1.5.1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #143286 by bosy
the keepers in swos are just like that. taking extreme shots, not managing the weak. i think amiga version is better. expert settings as well.

The ball is round and the goals are two - Casimir Montane

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #143846 by Gosen
Tremendous job! I'm speechless. Never seen this coming, since I don't follow SWOS news very often.

I don't understand few things, though. I tried both 1.2 version and Total Pack. 1.2 is far superior to me, unfortunately Total Pack despite being 500MB, not 32... just bad. Why? Because it doesn't work. Whatever I chose from the launcher (btw it's worse than 1.2 one, design-wise) the game doesn't save my settings. For example I chose white ball, nets and Korean commentary, yet the game settings are completely random after each launch. I save my settings, yet it doesn't help. Also 1.2 launcher has data base I can check anytime to see players attributes, which TP can't?

My main questions, not only concerning 2020, but also game itself are:

1) Does update can break my career mode and I have to start from scratch after each refreshed database?
2) Do attributes change during career mode or are they permanent? For example do former TRIAL players, despite change in value receive any attribute upgrades during their careers? I never really knew how it works, since 90ties...
3) Is TP going to be updated, fixed and look like current 1.2 in the future? I would really like to experiment with different audios, but 1.2 has only one option during installation.

I don't like new pitch pattern, so unrealistic, but everything else is perfect. 10-/10 :P
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Gosen.

More
3 years 8 months ago #143847 by Playaveli
1) No, you can continue your career!
2) Attributes NEVER change. Refer to manual.
3) Yes, TP will be update at some point in the future.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #143850 by Gosen
Thanks, we have already talked about some of those things on Discord. I couldn't find anything about attributes being permanent.

I have just ended 2nd season and had offer from my hometown club (what a coincidence, since it was the only offer outside the league I was at that time). Unfortunately I noticed a huge bug, almost game-breaking from the point of immersion. This time the club I took was in UEFA cup, but in the first round all clubs played against the same-country team:. Roma-Lazio, Porto-Benfica, etc. Even from my league. I was a bit disappointed by not updated cup format (like only 16 team Champions League with a very poor roster, I had team from Lithuania in the group stage!), but I guess it was impossible to change core of the database (as adding 2nd divisions for countries, which didn't had it primary). That alone would be somewhat fine, but that Uefa draw made me stop playing further.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Gosen.

More
2 weeks 18 hours ago #146879 by harenliten
I played thousands of hours 96/97 on my amiga those days. Sadly this "amiga" version is not the same as the original. For example gravity is tweaked to the lower side so ball bounces higher, that itself changes the whole gameplay, in favour for headers i guess. Player characteristics, (pardon my english) are flattened making every player feel moore or less of the same quality. Pinball games is what comes to my mind sometimes hmm.

More
1 week 6 days ago #146880 by Playaveli

I played thousands of hours 96/97 on my amiga those days. Sadly this "amiga" version is not the same as the original. For example gravity is tweaked to the lower side so ball bounces higher, that itself changes the whole gameplay, in favour for headers i guess. Player characteristics, (pardon my english) are flattened making every player feel moore or less of the same quality. Pinball games is what comes to my mind sometimes hmm.

Choose AMIGA 50 FPS in launcher. Physics are the same!

Not DOS or AMIGA 60!

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds