New mobile game inspired by Sensible Soccer

• pccsoares
  • pccsoares's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131632 by pccsoares
Hi, I m and indie developer. In 2012 I released a game that went to the top downloads, both android and iOS (Elastic World).
Now I just released my new game, after two years of intensive work.
This game has been inspired by “classic football games like Sensible Soccer™, Kick Off™ and Championship Manager™. But if you really want to do classic, you can go as far back as the Mexico 1986 World Cup. And you can choose from among 196 national teams. World Soccer Challenge uses retro pixel art graphics in keeping with the nostalgia theme. And speaking of which, you will be able to see illustrations of most famous (and infamous) moments in football history, like Diego Maradona’s Hand of God goal as well as Zidane’s head butt in the 2006 tournament.

Please check the trailer:

Android: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...nkeyibrow.worldcupsc
iOS: itunes.apple.com/us/app/world-soccer-challenge/id1049689904

Best regards,
Pedro Soares
www.monkeyibrowstudios.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131637 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: New mobile game inspired by Sensible Soccer
I found this one slightly odd to be honest. I wanted to play a full game but it seems to be that you just play highlights. Slightly peculiar! :) On a more positive note, the graphics and animation both look really nice.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131638 by higgipoker
Haven t tried it yet but looks nice! Has that sensi feel to the gfx without being a total copy.

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131666 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: New mobile game inspired by Sensible Soccer
I don t know man, it wasn t my cup of tea to be honest. Looked great, played pretty poorly. It s not even a full football match, you just kind of sit there Football Manager-style waiting for a highlight that you get to play. Meh. Definitely not for me I m afraid. I d much rather play the full game where you actually have control over what s happening all the way through.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131668 by higgipoker
Sounds like New Star Soccer. Same idea with only playing the highlights. Deceptively addictive game though!

• pccsoares
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131738 by pccsoares
Replied by pccsoares on topic Re: New mobile game inspired by Sensible Soccer
A game like Sensible Soccer was designed for computers with joysticks and its gameplay experience it’s impossible to recreate on mobile devices with touchscreens. So I had to change the gameplay to something different. So, when your player touches the ball the action freezes, and you can decide which move you will make, by swypping and touching the screen. I could have made the game to be played on the entire field, and not just highlights, but I think this is what turns out better on mobile screens. It s not a coincidence that all the most popular soccer games on mobile only allow you to play the highlights. (New Star Soccer (my favorite mobile game), Score! and Flick Kick Football)
Anyway, World Soccer Challenge took me two years to develop and release, alongside with a full time job. I love soccer games since I was a kid, and I always had the dream to create a game like this. ;D

• lepros
  • lepros's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131739 by lepros
pccsoares i play World Soccer Challenge to my ipad.really cool game.only 2 cups left to win all. :)
i like it as it is open fast and u can play 1-2 quick games to your spare time.
Do you have in mind to do any updates?
i would like to see a leaugue :)

• pccsoares
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131741 by pccsoares
Replied by pccsoares on topic Re: New mobile game inspired by Sensible Soccer
Right now I m focused on correcting bugs. I have a lot of new features in mind, but as I m the only one developing the game, and only on my spare time (I have a fulltime job), so I don t publish new releases as fast as I wanted.
My next step will be releasing the game on Windows Phone.
If the game starts to get more visibility and downloads then it has now I ll create a career mode with clubs and leagues.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds