Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

More
16 years 11 months ago #19501 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
When i was in elementary school as a kid, me and a few other always went to this after-school place, where they had 4 amigas in a small computer room. Guess what we were playing :P This place even held tournaments in Sensible Soccer. I remember my good friend Dons, beating me 10-4 in the semi final :D and later won the tournament. He had an amiga 500 at home so we played a lot of games at his place. There was other people from my class who also had amigas, except me :( , but we played the game a lot during the 90 s. At this time the game was very popular among us.

In 1997 i got my first pc, and someday i found the SWOS 96-97 standing on the shelf in a shop. I had to buy it! I played a 1000 of games vs the pc. I think i stopped playing after i changed to Winows 2000. And simply lost interest.

It wasn t untill i discovered ss.de i started playing again. and thank god for that. :)

I ve tried many soccer games over the years, but none has ever been as addicting as swos for the amiga. The simple gameplay and speed is unbeatable.

i hope u enjoyed my story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #19528 by Pallister
Well...I remember a time where Wänä and me played all night long this unbelievable game. We played a lot of careers...with Celta Vigo, Padova or other teams. We won nearly everything. I remember especially a EuroCup-Final vs Barcelona. Wänä plays the first half, 1-3 :( . Then, I must play the 2nd. And i scored 4 goals... :D. So we won 5-3! One of the best matches ever! Dramatic!

But we didn t played a lot vs ourselves. But we thought we were soooooo strong. Nothing could happen when we play vs other players ;D . We dreamt about a SWOS-Tourney anywhere in the world. And that we reach the Final and one of us is the SWOS-WorldChampion. There was no doubt about that for us.

And then...don t know why...we didn t played anymore. Girls or something disturbed i think ;D . And for many years we haven t played any career or matches against ourselves.

Wänä didn t played anymore for years, and I played sometimes, lonely in my room : (, on my Amiga 500. I played some careers. I tried to inspire Wänä a few times...but he only had eyes for NHL-IceHockey on PS2 or other f...ing shit games. Sometimes I was very angry about Wänä s reaction when I talked about SWOS. Leave me alone with this game, that sucks! Such sentences tarnished our relationship a lot, because I was a SWOS-freak all the time and couldn t understand this view of SWOS.

Then I met some guys from the north of Germany (Mr.Boehrnz and Rocco). I think it was in 1997. We find out that we shared the same love...SWOS! And we played against ourselves whenever we met. And then, last year, I was on a visit at Mr.Boehrnz home. we drank beer and have fun playing a bit SWOS. After our session, Mr.Boehrnz had a great idea. One of the best ideas he ever had, an idea, that takes me to ss.de. He opens google and said: Let s search for some SWOS-Stuff! And it happens....we saw the link to ss.de . We couldn t trust our eyes, couldn t believe what we saw. A SWOS World ;D That was the 8th Wonder of the World for us. And we said: WOOOOW! Now we go for the WorldChampionShip! We are the best of the world! Noone can stop us! LOL

And then...we played the first matches...and lost everything ;D . And I talked about this discovery to Wänä. Being bored he answers: Pft! I m not interested in this! It was so much work for me, a masterpiece of rhetoric...

You all know the Rest. Wänä and me are freaky SWOS-players and we made it through 2 finals (as it was in our dreams). Not for the WorldChampionship, there are a lot of players that are much more better than us.. But never mind. Our dreams, to play vs other players, come true. And we met some of u in OfflineEvents. And that s great!!

I hope this story didn t bored so much. C ya mates!

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #19594 by Wänä81
Pallister thats absolutely right !!!

I love it !

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22778 by demian
Replied by demian on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Hi.

I used to play a lot SWOS, for PC, since the first Sensible release. Always offline and sometimes sharing with friends.
I left to play for some years, because the life took me for another roads, (job, wife, kid...).
Until last week, when seeing my son Fausto boring of play Fifa world cup 2006, I thought ???, mmm what about SWOS, he will adore! .
I didn t find my original SWOS CD, so, I have to look in the  web, then I found you!.

Now I play SWOS again but now with an amazing extra....  I play SWOS with my 6 years old son, (not agains each other yet, but soon...).

And this is GREAT!!!. I am a kid again and my son is my best friend. By the way, my wife is very happy  :P

More
16 years 9 months ago #22787 by Pallister

Hi.

I used to play a lot SWOS, for PC, since the first Sensible release. Always offline and sometimes sharing with friends.
I left to play for some years, because the life took me for another roads, (job, wife, kid...).
Until last week, when seeing my son Fausto boring of play Fifa world cup 2006, I thought ???, mmm what about SWOS, he will adore! .
I didn t find my original SWOS CD, so, I have to look in the web, then I found you!.

Now I play SWOS again but now with an amazing extra.... I play SWOS with my 6 years old son, (not agains each other yet, but soon...).

And this is GREAT!!!. I am a kid again and my son is my best friend. By the way, my wife is very happy :P

Wow, mate...sounds really great. Thx for let us take part of this story. And remember...if u want to play vs players from our community online let s meet in IRC #sensible. Where are you from, Demian? Have u visited www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?lng=en too?

Greetz from Pallister

More
16 years 9 months ago #22791 by demian
Replied by demian on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Hi Pallister.
www.sensiblesoccer.de is my home page since a week.

I never play SWOS online, even I never play SWOS, (PC SWOS), agains other, always agains the PC, and I don t know how to do it. How should I configure the game to play with the keyboard and with a joystick?. (I mean SOWS 96/97 PC).

By the way I m from Buenos Aires, Argentina and I support River Plate.

Best regards.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22801 by Pallister
Wow...yeah...cool. Well, I don T know how to make SWOS on PC run, I only play the Amiga Version. But I think help will come soon from Playaveli ;)

More
16 years 9 months ago #22821 by RobChef
Replied by RobChef on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
I must choose everything else because I totaly missed swos. Played some 5-a-side-soccer which looks a little bit like swos but still a different game.
When I got DSL I searched the internet for something I could play online and found ss.de.
I was sure I will lern this game because I liked it so much but I was also sure that other players who played this for years will kick my ass a lot. And that s exactly what happened. ;D

More
15 years 6 months ago #51716 by Root
Replied by Root on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
I was thinking that i am good but also i was knowing that somewhere (out of space hehe) are better then me ;)

More
15 years 6 months ago #51717 by Playaveli

I was thinking that i am good but also i was knowing that somewhere (out of space hehe) are better then me ;)

Hehe, nice1!
Any more stories to tell?

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds