Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #56677 by Coolio_Jack
Ranking in tennis changes as the new generations come, try telling Nadal and Federer that there is no diffrence between them and someone ranked 20. and see how will they react. Federer was no1 for five years for example, how is he not diffrent than the others.

When you are talking about the highest level of skills,it is very hard to say who is the best.Cause everyone is so close to another that the result can never be the same.

I think(im sure, but think sounds more polite) you are completely wrong here.

Lets put it this way. Lets say there are 2 players(both top ), one of them has a row of undefeated games against the other for , lets say 25 games. Are u saying thats just a coincidence? From what you are saying, it seems like all the results between top players are random.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56690 by yorgosk
Replied by yorgosk on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
If this player wins the majority of the games with other top class players(Not only against a certain opponent.Lets say 80% of the games he plays generally.) until he retires,then we can say that for the period he was active he was better than the other top players,so he was the best.
If he has 25 wins in a row against different opponents and then returns to regular results,he just had a period of better form among other top players.

If he has 25 wins in a row against a certain opponent and this opponent never manages to do something better than that,well yes of course he is better .

Well we are talking about the same thing but we look at it from a different point of view.

Anyway that s just my opinion.You don t have to accept it. :)

PS:For me the best way for someone to show his skills in a one on one swos game is to use the two worst teams in the game.Let s say Fiji VS Solomon Islands or something like that. ;D (yeah it sounds horrible.Lol!)
This is the point where the players can do nothing on their own and depend on how you move them in the field,how you defend,how you pass and how you finish from close and long range,
But not with 5 star players.Real skill is doing this with half-a-star players.The game will be slow as hell,but much more challenging.
(My personal opinion again.Nobody has to accept it. :))

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #56699 by Playaveli

Ranking in tennis changes as the new generations come, try telling Nadal and Federer that there is no diffrence between them and someone ranked 20. and see how will they react. Federer was no1 for five years for example, how is he not diffrent than the others.

That s true but a comparism to SWOS still doesn t work. Because Federer and Nadal participate in competetive tournaments (-- leagues) on a regular basis and have to prove their status again and again and again. Here in ss.de it s voluntary to do that.

Lets put it this way. Lets say there are 2 players(both top ), one of them has a row of undefeated games against the other for , lets say 25 games. Are u saying thats just a coincidence? From what you are saying, it seems like all the results between top players are random.

Equations with only two variables are too easy for my taste.

What about this:
Player A doesn t loose 25 in a row vs. Player B
Player B doesn t loose 25 in a row vs. Player C
Player C doesn t loose 25 in a row vs. Player A
(Extend this from A - Z if you like)

Who is the best? It s impossible to tell. And that s what Yorgosk meant from what I can see.
I have to agree with him on that point.
In the end we have quite a lot Federers and Nadals beating each other at any time:
Coolio, Luca, Lobo, Aliciq, Redhair, Pallister, Noobas, Giggs...and more and more and more, I cannot even name them all.

More
15 years 2 months ago #56700 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

In my opinion it should be forbidden to say my opinion . Write what you want to say or just stop it! ;)

Btw. nice discussion.

But showing skills has nothing to do with half star players. I can show my skills also in a game brazil vs. brazil. And to win this game I just have to be better than my opponent. If i beat him one time, I m better at the moment. If I beat him in 6 of 10 matches today, I m better today. If I won 5.001 of 10.000 matches in the last 10 years, then I m a better player than my opponent.

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56701 by yorgosk
I tottaly agree with you guys. 8)

Now about the half-star thing.Sure someone can show his skills in a Brazil VS Brazil game too.
But in my own eyes when i see someone use a totally untalented team,I can easily tell if he is a premium Swos player or just someone with good reflects. ;)

Plus i wanted to say something else i have noticed.Playing well against the CPU doesn t mean that you can beat a good Human apponent.This is right.
But i think this goes the other way too.Being good against humans doesn t necesserily mean that you are so good against CPU or in Career Mode.Do you agree?I want your opinion in this one.

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56704 by yorgosk
[

If I won 5.001 of 10.000 matches in the last 10 years, then I m a better player than my opponent.

Well if it is so close 5001 against 4999 you can claim that you are better,but you should also consider the results each of you have with other opponents too to have the whole picture.

What i meant with this whole topic is that trying to say which one of the great swos players around the world is the greatest,reminds me of the Pele VS Maradona issue.
it depends...

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #56705 by Playaveli

But i think this goes the other way too.Being good against humans doesn t necesserily mean that you are so good against CPU or in Career Mode.Do you agree?I want your opinion in this one.

I don t agree! ;)
If you are really good against humans the CPU is not a challange at all.
But this goes too much off topic now. If you want to talk about best SWOS players pls open a new one or use this to tell your opinions:
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=888.0

More
15 years 2 months ago #56706 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
The CPU might be quick (with fastest reaction time) and strong from the first to the last minute, but in the end he is STUPID. He has no masterplan, no special tactic, no tricks, no fakes.

If you can beat Playa/Redhair/Coolio 4-0, you can beat CPU-Brazil 4-0, too!

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56711 by yorgosk

The CPU might be quick (with fastest reaction time) and strong from the first to the last minute, but in the end he is STUPID. He has no masterplan, no special tactic, no tricks, no fakes.

If you can beat Playa/Redhair/Coolio 4-0, you can beat CPU-Brazil 4-0, too!

I guess you are right.Enough with this topic.
Ok let s turn back to discussing Swos in the Stone Age. :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago #56712 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
I started playing this game 8 months ago but i am not a good player :( i need a teacher :D

Time to create page: 0.721 seconds