Re: Our future - where are we going...?

More
14 years 6 months ago #73269 by ruichi
I wanted to start this topic many times. I m not expecting any answers though, but I wouldn t mind to get some. I d rather see some brain strom down here to find a solution (unless it s my imagination) to the issue (not a problem) which is on my mind:

Where are we heading to?

I started to play swos online over 2 years ago. Fitted in league which was becoming the best [ :P :) ] organized and biggest in that time. Learnt how to play, met great people - some of them I just know, some became my friends, some of them have gone already. People coming and going, but IMHO less and less stay longer than few weeks/months.

Why?

I remember that our Rank had over 210 players for a long time, now it s only 130 - how come we cannot keep in more people? Newcomers? Why we lost few leagues?

Bah.. so many questions...

I m asking this not because I looking for answers to any of this, really. I don t want to see speculations and argues etc...

Simply: I want to know, where are we heading to?

[dont mind me, just feeling blue tonight] ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73296 by Playaveli
Let s see how many active players we will have in October.
If nothing will change by then I will post another time.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73383 by LIK
Well yes we should see after October.

I think main problem is we are not getting any younger and new kids are not interested is SWOS in general.

Next actions are up to admins, and what they want with this site.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75289 by Playaveli
140 players active now... only slightly better.
I agree with what LIK said.
On the other hand the community slowly evolves into an offline community.
62 players in Fulda on Sensi Days is almost half of active online players. Next year in Wroclaw this number will even increase.
These are very positive facts too, if you ask me.
I think we can be happy as long as we have more than 100 active players.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75294 by DreS
Ive just started playing Amiga SWOS and am loving it. If I had know you could play SWOS on PC against other people I would have been playing for years now but didnt even realise it was possible until I stumbled across this website ;D

Im sure there are loads of people out there similar to me who just dont realise SWOS is still alive and kicking. Its just a question of how to reach them and let them know as advertising isnt the easiest thing.

Keep up the good work as its our job to make SWOS last forever 8)

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #75591 by ruichi
Well.. it s good that we all know each other is some way. It s great! Althought I miss other leagues which would help to draw CL and ISSF :)) Try to think how we can bring more people in from ours and different countries...

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds