Interview with lobo

More
16 years 3 days ago #40153 by HairFU
Interview with lobo was created by HairFU
Offline cups are without a doubt the best part of playing SWOS

Lobo is without a doubt one of the stars of the SWOS scene. In 10 Month he travel to 4 countrys just to play in five tournaments. A reason to talk with him.

2nd Place at the Danish Open, 3rd Place on the Sensible Days, Winner of 1st Netherlands Cup, Winner from SWOS Hanse Cup and 4th place at Wroclaw Open. Sounds great.
A year ago the most people don t know you and now you are one of the best SWOS players of the community. How would you explain that?

Well, I didn´t play SWOS for 6 years, so I completely missed begginings of ss.de and online playing. Even when I found it for a first time I wasn´t really sure that playing online can be so good, guess that´s because I´m Amiga breed player.
At Danish Open I meet Pallister, who is a fellow Amiga freak and he told me evrything about online playing. That´s how I joined the community.

So i bet you was suprised to be 2nd on the Danish open without any online practice before. How was it for you to go to the Danish Open did you expect a so high place after a so long SWOS break?

It was so great to see that SWOS is still alive and kicking. Pallister showed me some goals I never saw before. I was really glad to meet him, Oli O, Kicker, Djowger and Spir. Although I played for years offline I was still surprised as each one of them has a different style of playing. I can´t say much what my expectations were as I didn´t have a clue how good other players were. Obviously I was hoping for a good result.

We don t hear from many SWOS events in the U.K. so you have to go on the long trip from London to other countrys. Very long trips just to play SWOS. Isn t nerve-wracking sometimes?

It´s not that bad. It takes only 2h flight to get basically anywhere from London. On other hand I would love to organize a tournament in UK and invite players here. It´s a bit of a struggle but I keep the faith that it will happen one day.

What s the main reasons for you to go to offline cups?

Offline cups are without doubt the best part of playing SWOS. Meeting fellow pixel freaks, great atmosphere. I never regreted going to any of them.

Was there any SWOS event that you visit before you found ss.de ?

Years ago in 1996 and 1997 I took part in Offline Cups organized in Poland. That was a golden age of Swos. Polish gaming magazine organized a poll to determine what game would readers like to play in a tournament. I can´t remember exactly but I guess SWOS won by a landslide of 90% votes. I even managed to keep a VHS recording from that cup for all those years.

Could you descripe a typical day of SWOS playing (online or offline)?

I hardly ever play offline this days apart from cups. What I enjoy about playing online is a great diversity it gives. I like the thrill of league and ooo games as much as relaxed atmosphere of friendly cups and tournaments.

If you could decide how a new Sensible Soccer should look like, what would you decide?

That´s a difficult question. Guess I like the game so much I consider it flawless and wouldn´t change anything ( I mean Amiga version of course)

Are there any goals you have for the future?

I just hope playing SWOS will give me as much joy as it does now. On other hand I would love to organize a succesfull event in UK and invite players to attend it.

Where can we meet you the next time?

I will join Pallister´s Central Germany Cup in July and obviously Sensi Days. Both of them look like they are going to be great events. I´m already looking forward to them.

Thanks for you answers

Thanks HairFU, pleasure was mine.

[flash=425,355]
[/flash]
Lobos VHS Tape of the Polish Tournament in 1997
(
)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 days ago #40157 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Interview with lobo
Great Interview. Well Lobo, I mention that u should make a Tattoo of every Offline-Cup you win. Or maybe the name of your victim in Final ;D I see a lot of remaining space on your skin ;D Again...great to have u here, m8 ;)

And thx to HairFU for this great idea of making Interviews! Really appreciated...

More
16 years 2 days ago - 16 years 4 hours ago #40170 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Interview with lobo
:)

Great interview.. and funny to see that old video from chelmo or where it was.. a young lobo in the italian shirt winning i guess.. nice

@pallister: funny idea with the tattoos :P

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds