DIY league within the tournament

More
16 years 7 months ago #25704 by M4RK
Well,

After this long discussion before the tournament even started i wonder how u all think about the diyleague (injuryleague ^^) thing....

Before the tournament I was a little bit positive... now: POSITIVE

I have to admit i didnt have that much of injuries but still :)

What do u prefer for next years tournament: DIY league again or every match played as a friendly match??

The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25705 by torpedo
DIY league definitely!
it s optimal for tournaments, althoughh we were still dealing with time issues.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25706 by Eleven
I preffer to play without. My Asprilla played just 2 matches and the rest of the league (12 matches) he was injured... Also 2nd forward Asprilla played just abuot 6-7 games. So most matches, i played with 1 forward... So why should I be punished, because someone injures my player?
More
16 years 7 months ago #25707 by greg
i dont really know, i agree with eleven about the injury thing, cause my mussi was injured in the 2nd match, en he had a black cross... so whole tournament without my playmaker
on the other hand, diy league was fun, u can just keep playing, you dont have to set up a lot of stuff and import teams again and so on
More
16 years 7 months ago #25708 by AndYpsilon

i dont really know, i agree with eleven about the injury thing, cause my mussi was injured in the 2nd match, en he had a black cross... so whole tournament without my playmaker
on the other hand, diy league was fun, u can just keep playing, you dont have to set up a lot of stuff and import teams again and so on

I remember Greg shouting endless times after the second match: PAIDER - IT WAS YOUR FAULT!!! ;D

My opinion: I was lucky with injuries becuase my forwards missed only one or two matches (toi toi toi for next year :))
However, I think that the DIY-Leagues didn t take less time than friendlies. In my group we often needed 10-15 minutes to get the controllers working - but who cares: I have been there to play SWOS all the time so this wasn t a problem for me!
More
16 years 7 months ago #25710 by Oli O.
I had some problems with red cards especially on Amiga. ;D (6 or 7 in 14 matches)
DIY creates a balanced league where all teams have their fixed matchdays, so no one can pause for some hours and distort the competition/leaguetable. Then in the final leaguematches the fights for the rankings create some dramatic and happy moments. Nothing can beat this!
Just one example: In the last Amigamatch Mark needed a win against me with two goals in front to get the first place. I lost two players (due to red cards ;D), he scored his second goal in the last minutes and freaked out as he often does. :D
More
16 years 7 months ago #25711 by Pallister
I want to write down my opinion in 2 views:

1. The DIY-League Gameplan

I played with friendly matches at the CentralGermanyCup. And I created a gameplan to ensure that everyone plays his matches in time. And it worked perfectly.

One of the reasons for a DIY-League at the SensiDays was to ensure a straight playing where noone must wait too long. But unfortunately that happened: Sometimes a player played the first match of round 1 for example, but his next match was the last of round 2. So it happened that sometimes one player played 2 games in a row and another player had to wait too long

So I see no advantage for a DIY-League in this case.

2. The Injuries in a DIY-League

I saw a lot of players loosing one or more of their best players. Sometimes they were missed 1,2,3 or 4 matches. But we had ? and even black crosses (myself from the 3rd Groupmatch on ;D). I mean, when this happens (when u foul a player I mean and he s hurted) not every player relaxes cool. Sometimes u could feel it that your oppo is angry about it (it galled me too). So it s a bad touch in a tournament for me, which is not needed. And to play such a huge and great event with so much great players without one ore more good players because of injuries is a pity for the affected players. It s a dream of everyone to play with his beloved team all the time (I think so) to play the strongest way.

Conclusion (only for me): There is no advantage to play with DIY-Leagues. With self created gameplans (doesn t take very long to do it) it s not needed to save after every match. When u stick a resultsheet on the table where the groups are played, noone will forget to enter a result and there is a gameplan where everyone can see who s next (also not possible in DIY-Leagues). And if u have bad luck because of an heavy injury in one match it doesn t matter for the next matches and players take it more relaxed. And finally noone must wait too long for his next match when the gameplan is well created.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25715 by Stromberg
Yea on PC SWOS I had 6 matches while all other had 4 matches (so about 1 hour or more break for me) and on Amiga I had 2 times directly on each other following games to play. Therefore I d prefer the gameplan method.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25717 by Eleven

Conclusion (only for me): There is no advantage to play with DIY-Leagues. With self created gameplans (doesn t take very long to do it) it s not needed to save after every match. When u stick a resultsheet on the table where the groups are played, noone will forget to enter a result and there is a gameplan where everyone can see who s next (also not possible in DIY-Leagues). And if u have bad luck because of an heavy injury in one match it doesn t matter for the next matches and players take it more relaxed. And finally noone must wait too long for his next match when the gameplan is well created.

right! Also last group games could start at the same time on different computers :)
More
16 years 7 months ago #25721 by Wänä81

I agree 100 %

I don´t see any effect for the tension in the groupstage . When you create a gameplan it can also happen that the last groupmatch is an endgame for two players(ask DaBomb, after his drawn match against Stromberg in the 90. min, happend in the CGC)

The only effect is that i had 2 times an injured Luca Toni for 4 matches :( and one red card for nothing (lose the ball and want to pass, than he tackles instead of passing , ridiculous)

For me it´s better to play with a gameplan 8)
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds