DIY league within the tournament

More
16 years 7 months ago #25748 by Emmeti
I agree with Pallister too.

The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25749 by Playaveli
I don t like to play with friendlies!

A (real life) tournament is the opposite of a friendly . Every game in each round should have an effect on the next match.
As we could see, the best players could handle it. MCT had Shearer injured but was still 2nd place.

I can see why people like it the other way. But then I think you should exclude injuries totally (by playing with superteams and 5/5 substitutes), because also in friendlies the best players can get injured in first minutes by random tacklings.

Good luck and plans for all your future tournaments. If I have time and money, I will come...no matter what rules.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25759 by GEO
I prefer DIY tournaments, i agree with playa, its more fun for me and simulates real tournament. InPirmasens i sometimes calculates with substitution during matches and once when i was in lead 3-0 i change my attacker, after that there was serious injury for 4 games for my subst.attacker so I protect my elite attack from injury:)
Its only example and was lucky ofcourse:) i know.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25763 by Marty
I agree with GEO and Playaveli ;)
More
16 years 7 months ago #25770 by Pallister

As we could see, the best players could handle it. MCT had Shearer injured but was still 2nd place.

Harsh...

But I think this Topic was created to say what is your opinion and what you prefer, and not who could handle what. Sounds like u think that not the best players are searching for an excuse for their low success. I can say about myself that this is not the reason why I said my opinion...

Otherwise it s not possible for u to explain how the missing players of any several Participants changes his position in table because they couldn t play with full choice of players.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25771 by lobo
My view is injuries and suspensions just add up to a tournament drama.
Comparing to a real life soccer - no manager ever has a comfort of playing with full squad, and its when their mastercraft can be seen.
At Sensi Days I played maybe 3-4 games with a full squad it was really anoying but still I wouldnt change the rules. Actually I wished yellow cards from the games would be recorded and suspensions implied (just like Champions League for example).
And I am really glad that many people have different views which makes every tournament unique.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25775 by AndYpsilon

Harsh...

But I think this Topic was created to say what is your opinion and what you prefer, and not who could handle what. Sounds like u think that not the best players are searching for an excuse for their low success. I can say about myself that this is not the reason why I said my opinion...

Otherwise it s not possible for u to explain how the missing players of any several Participants changes his position in table because they couldn t play with full choice of players.

Hey Palli, Playa only says what the tournament prooved. In the discussion before the tournament we all wanted evidence if injuries stopps the best players or not! It turned out, that this was not the case, so it s not about harshness or excuses: It s only about pure evidence!
More
16 years 7 months ago #25777 by Playaveli
It s ok Andy... No problem. Don t turn it into a revolving laundry facility. ;) We all know where this ends.

Just keep posting your opinions, people. Just like lobo did.
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #25778 by Wänä81

A (real life) tournament is the opposite of a friendly . Every game in each round should have an effect on the next match.

Hm, ok i think there are 8-10 Players (the best Players) they could handle it . But the 8-10 from the other end of the scale (the weak Players) couldn´t handle it! It´s frustrating when you have an important match and you can´t play with your best team. THIS IS NOT THE REAL LIFE.

I can see why people like it the other way. But then I think you should exclude injuries totally (by playing with superteams and 5/5 substitutes), because also in friendlies the best players can get injured in first minutes by random tacklings.

For the match you play at the moment, it can happen that you have an injured player ! But we know that from our Online-Cups and accept that, but why someone must get punished , when he didn´t make a mistake.

Greetz from the weaker side of life
More
16 years 7 months ago #25779 by Playaveli
It s harsh, but don t blame injuries when you don t have the skills to achieve a better result, even with injuries. Blame your skills.

And really, should I blast a penalty over the goal just because you pressed fire too late? That can also happen.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds