Re: SWOS-Total Pack (V1.07-Pre1) released.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72739 by Playaveli
Use any Amiga joystick or pad with 2nd button!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72748 by Lunde_dk
cool.it works now,thanx ;D

• Qwuaihn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #72964 by Qwuaihn
Replied by Qwuaihn on topic Re: SWOS-Total Pack (V1.10-pre4) released.
Hi Guys!

Awesome job on the whole TotalPack deal. Me and my buddy used to be addicted to swos during 94-96 on amiga so this is a new injection of pure happiness =D
I m so in love again so I decided to order a retro-usb controller from the states so I could use my trusty TAC-2 amiga controller but I encountered a snare. The usbcontroller is using buttons 3-4-5-6 while using the y and x axis so when I push the joystick left in the game it automatically fires second fire. Is there any text in mapper.txt I can remove so it only allows button 1 and 2 in calibration?

Best regards a new swedish Swos fanatic

// Qwuaihn

More
14 years 7 months ago #72972 by EreWeGo
@ Qwuaihn - is this when trying to use the Amiga version of SWOS in the total pack? When the game starts, have you pushed F12 to enter the settings for WinUAE? THis is where you can change all the relevant settings for WinUAE, including controller settings. If you haven t tried this, have a look...

@ StarWindz - awesome work again mate, thanks for including my mods for PC and the Amiga versions. I stillhave to get round to finishing my Amiga mod with the more generic ad-boards, will let you know once I m done, (if I can find the damn time!), and you can use that too if you want.

:)

• Qwuaihn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #72973 by Qwuaihn
@ EreWeGo: I m using PC version 1.10 pre4. So If I could remove the possibility for buttons 3-4-5-6 to be included in calibration in the swos++ thingy that d work for me. Then I can use my amiga mouse for the secondbutton calibration issue.

// Qwuaihn

More
14 years 7 months ago #72981 by EreWeGo
@ Qwuaihn - Interesting, I had an issue too, slightly different, but along the same lines: I made my own Amiga joystick to USB adaptor using a cheap 4 button USB gamepad. It was easier for me to wire Amiga button 1 to the button 3 of the gamepad. When I plug the modded gamepad into my PC, it gets detected as a 4 button gamepad. Then, when I plugged in my Tac-2, I ran the callibration wizard in Control panel in Windows. The only issue was that when I press the buttons on the Tac-2, they show/detect as gamepad button 3. What this means is that when I run the game, and try to callibrate in SWOS++, it doesn t detect my button press as it obviously is waiting for button 1 or 2...

Here s what I did to get round it: I started the game, and using the keyboard went to SWOS++, and chose joystick only. I then pressed Ctrl + F1 - this opens the mapper utility in DosBox, as here:

From here I clicked on the 1 under Joystick Layout , then chose Add , and then pressed the button on my Tac-2. After pressing save, I was able to callibrate fine in SWOS++, and it tested fine in game...

What I d suggest is checking first that the joystick/adaptor is working and callibrated okay in Windows. Then start the game and see if things work, and if not, maybe you could mess about with the mapper utility to see if it helps....

Let us know how you get on.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #72989 by ibra
Hi, I installed the last version of the SWOS total pack, and I found a litte problem (maybe a bug?). It seems I can t delete the .CAR and .SEA files from the database, I mean, it didn t remove the .CAR file I was using with the previous total pack version, and also introduced a new .SEA file named TEST01. I tried to remove them deleting the files from the SWOS folder, but they will always show up again once I restart the total pack. Can you help me with this? I am also unable to rename the files.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73108 by EreWeGo
Hey lbra,

not sure why you can t delete them - although I think the .CAR file gets placed in a couple of locations, so maybe you re only deleting one? Just search the entire Total Pack folder for *.CAR and you should be able to see the relevant files. If you want to delete a particular career file, try deleting BOTH copies that you find from the search.

• Qwuaihn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #73141 by Qwuaihn
@EreWeGo

I sorted the issue I had with the USB to amiga adapter. I gave up trying to calibrate the joystick and mapping it in doskey didnt do it for me. So I downloaded the program JoytoKey and simply mapped buttons 3 to 6 ( that were getting pressed simultaniously by axismovement since my retrousb adapter is built that way) to the arrowkeys on the keyboard. And button 1 to right ctrl. Then went into the game and choose keyboard only and I could play with my tac-2 =D

Thanx for the help which lead me this direction

// Qwuaihn

More
14 years 7 months ago #73159 by EreWeGo
@ Qwuaihn - glad you got it working...I was going to suggest JoytoKey next if you were still having problems, so good work on sorting it. Strange problem though...what model adaptor is it?

Anyway, enjoy SWOS with your TAC-2!
:D

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds