Re: SWOS-Total Pack (V1.07-Pre1) released.

More
11 years 4 months ago #116145 by Black Rebel
Thanks for the work and the release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• danblade
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #116397 by danblade
Thanks for putting this together, can t wait to play it. Just wondered if anyone could help with an error I m encountering when loading up the PC version please...

All the opening credits appear as normal, but then once it gets to the main screen, the whole image is scrambled and I get the following error line on the DOSBox Status Window:

Exit to error: INT:Gate Selector points to illegal descriptor with type 0

The whole thing then shuts down.

I didn t change any of the default settings when I loaded it up, so not sure what I m doing wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated!

More
11 years 3 months ago #116398 by starwindz

Thanks for putting this together, can t wait to play it. Just wondered if anyone could help with an error I m encountering when loading up the PC version please...

All the opening credits appear as normal, but then once it gets to the main screen, the whole image is scrambled and I get the following error line on the DOSBox Status Window:

I didn t change any of the default settings when I loaded it up, so not sure what I m doing wrong?

Very unusual case. Please change the DOSBox settings such as the screen size, the CPU cycle and others.

More
11 years 3 months ago #116414 by FIncad

Hey, would it be possible to put a note that the expanded version isn t good for career mode? It will always crash in career mode - but is better than the regular version outside of career mode (much more teams; no incomplete leagues).

I think that there might be a workaround to get that expanded version working too. Gonna continue testing.

Cheers

Fincad

More
11 years 3 months ago #116427 by FIncad

Hey, would it be possible to put a note that the expanded version isn t good for career mode? It will always crash in career mode - but is better than the regular version outside of career mode (much more teams; no incomplete leagues).

I think that there might be a workaround to get that expanded version working too. Gonna continue testing.

Cheers

Fincad

Hi!
I was able to bypass that japan league error (caused some other minor probs) and was able to play season 2 with expanded version, but then it crashed after end season in Russian league. So I think that bypassing one issue will cause another. So no help from here, lol. But hey, you can always try.

Cheers
Fincad

• danblade
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #116499 by danblade

Very unusual case. Please change the DOSBox settings such as the screen size, the CPU cycle and others.

Thanks for getting back to me about this. I tried to change the settings as suggested but it didn t make any difference. However, the Amiga version works fine so I m using that instead :-)

• ivanhoe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #116514 by ivanhoe
Hi guys - I`m new here and I`m really delighted with the total pack but unfortunately I`ve encountered a problem today...I`m playing PC version of the game in the Norwegian league and the game runs fine but when the world leagues are settling (end of season) all the results the Japan league (Japanese emperrors cup to be more exact) error appears (the screen freezes).
I know there is a solution somewhere and I`ve been reading this forum in order to find but as you can see I didn`t. PLEASE HELP ME!
Thanx and greetings from Croatia.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #116519 by JGlover769
Hi Guys,

I ve not been on this site since 2007 when I tried to set up UAE for online play, but I came back after seeing the Sensible Software book on Kickstarter and totally regretted not getting involved with that :(

I digress... The total pack is top class thanks so much to everyone who put the work in, just oustanding. Just a couple of things I was wondering... Just had a quick look through the forum and some of the artwork is delicious :). The pitches on that Summer Pack 2012 are a bit bright for me though lol.

Some help if I may? My brother tried setting it up on his computer and the he is describing it to me as fuzzy ... I told him to untick widescreen and mess around with it some more, but he s not too good with computers, any tips?

Once again thanks and the nostalgia I get from hearing that background music whilst making transfers and buying Meir Azran from Rishon Lezion for 130k (an absolute bargain) gives a me feeling of unbridled happiness. I m not sure if this is normal.

Keep up the good work.

J

More
11 years 3 months ago #116657 by elpibe
After my 1st season in carrier mode the game freezes. I loaded the game again with a different database, exited the game, loaded the game with the previous database. Now it works like a charm......I m into the 2nd season!

• Nottsman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #116736 by Nottsman

This looks great guys, however I m having a similar problem - the loading screens load, but after the Renegade symbol appears, I get a black screen with purple lines on, then it crashes back to the PC SWOS menu.

I ve tried changing the settings but the same thing happens each time - Any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds