Aalborg SWOS Cup #2

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #32165 by djowGer
Aalborg SWOS Cup #2 was created by djowGer
Aalborg SWOS CUP #2

Hi everybody. It is time for a another edition of the infamous Aalborg SWOS Cup. Like last year it will take place in february.

Players who signed up:

Denmark:
djowGer *
Dons *
Klaris *
Lindholm
Alis *

Germany:
Wänä81 *
Pallister *
Hairfu *
Kicker *
Bomb *
Schulle *

Netherlands:
Rusty1979 *

Non-ss.de players:
Magnussen *
Anders O
Spacey

---

Doubtful:
MacTrigger
Dion
Spir

* = Custom team added to save disk

Time:

The tournament starts on saturday the 16th of february 2008, at 15.00 CET
It is possible to arrive friday, but just let me know about it.

*Update* Because of the high number of participants this year I have found another great location for the tournament. It is a so-called party house connected to my old school. I have rented the place for the weekend at a very low cost. The place has a big room, with tables and chairs to use for tournament area, eating and sleeping. The house also has a kitchen and bathroom. The new address is:

Mylius Erichsens vej 131
9210 Aalborg SØ
Denmark

I have added 2 pictures as a help for you guys to find the place of the tournament. Pictures can be found further below.

Instructions by car:
1. Take the highway towards Aalborg at E45 .
2. Get off the highway at exit junction no. 26
3. Turn left at Th. Saurs Vej
4. Turn left at Scoresbysundvej
5. Turn right at Mylius Erichsens vej
6. Continue at this road for a short while untill you can see the yellow house, it is impossible to miss ;)

Instructions by train/bus:
1. Get off at the trainstation in central Aalborg.
2. Take bus no. 15 or 13 driving towards east Aalborg.
3. Get off at one of the 2 bus stops seen on map posted further below.

Tournament format:

2-3 groups in a DIV LEAGUE format (depending on the number of players) -- Players seeded by nationality and skill (EU, DK1 DK2) playing against each opponent 2 times for 3 mins.

2nd round groups in DIV LEAGUE format -- 2 groups, Super 2nd Chance group (1 game vs each player 3mins) League standings will determine Seeding for QF.

Knockouts starting from Quaterfinals in a DIY CUP format -- 2 x 3 mins, no away goals, if total score is draw, 1 replay match followed by extra time penalties.

Semi finals in DIY CUP format -- Same as in QF

3rd Place match Finals in a DIY CUP format -- Same as in QF

General Tournament Rules:
pitch type: random
custom tactics: not allowed
after each game, group or cup MUST be saved on save disk, and result written down.

Custom teams can posted in this forum thread or sent to my email, i will make sure that they will be on the save disk. Teams can also be edited on the day of the tournament.

Hardware:

I have 2 Amiga 1200, Pallister Wänä will bring a Amiga 1200 each also.
So we will have 4 Amiga 1200 s at the tournament connected to tvs/monitors.

You can bring your favorite controller, or use one of my controllers which is:

4 x normal keypads
1 x keypad with flat keys
2 x action pad gamepad
1 x arcade turbo
4 x quickshot joysticks

Sleeping:

The new location should be big enough for everyone to have a sleeping place. Just bring your madrass sleeping bag.
If and only if, there is not enough space to sleep at the tournament place, people can use my appartment (located in central Aalborg) for sleeping also.

I WILL BE AT THE TOURNAMENT PLACE FRIDAY SATURDAY NIGHT as I am responsible for renting the place.

Food drinks:

I created a local map of the nearby supermarkets, pizza place, gas stations and so on. Everything is within walking distance. If you dont want junk food, there is a kitchen where you can make your own food.

NOTE: that most supermarkets close on saturdays at 17.00 CET are usually closed on sundays.

I can be contacted on my phone if any problems occur:

+45 26 23 71 07

Other questions can be posted here or to my mail/msn:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Prizes to win:

A trophy for the tournament winner

A topscorer trophy for the player scoring the most goals.

Medals for 1st, 2nd 3rd

Plus some other prizes.

Cost:

I have tried to keep the cost as low as possible. So we only pay for the rent of the place for the prizes. It will be 100,- DKK (75 DKK = 10€) for each person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #32170 by Wänä81
Wonderful, count me in , mate! If we are enough people to share the costs, we met us again !

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #32175 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Aalborg SWOS Cup #2
Sounds great! I really hope u guys can drop by again.. 8) If i could gather a few people i would come to salghetto and hanse cup also, but to travel alone is too expensive for me.

More
16 years 4 months ago #32180 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Aalborg SWOS Cup #2
I hope there won t be a snow hurricane this time. ;) The photos were impressive.

More
16 years 4 months ago #32193 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Aalborg SWOS Cup #2

Wonderful, count me in , mate! If we are enough people to share the costs, we met us again !

Maybe you can take me from Hamburg in your car? Then i could give you money for that trip.

More
16 years 4 months ago #32259 by Wänä81

Maybe you can take me from Hamburg in your car? Then i could give you money for that trip.

First i wait for the guys from this year( BOMB and SCHULLE) and maybe KICKER. If they want to drive with us ( me and Pallister ) they have a seat in my car for sure. And i must clarify, if my JAK drive with us(if a seat is free)..

@ djowGer: What about a starting fee for the cup this time ?

Regards

More
16 years 4 months ago #32265 by djowGer

@ djowGer: What about a starting fee for the cup this time ?

Yeah.. but i have to get back to you on this one, but it will not be much.. i promise.

More
16 years 4 months ago #32286 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Aalborg SWOS Cup #2
Well.....I m in. I think u never thought about the opposite, Poul ;D

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #32291 by djowGer

Well.....I m in. I think u never thought about the opposite, Poul ;D

Hehe.. I was kind of hoping you would return to defend your title.. It will be awsome to meet you guys again.. but im not sure i can guarantee snow again, it only happens like a few weeks a year. I guess you guys were just lucky .. :P

More
16 years 4 months ago #32479 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Aalborg SWOS Cup #2

Hehe.. I was kind of hoping you would return to defend your title.. It will be awsome to meet you guys again.. but im not sure i can guarantee snow again, it only happens like a few weeks a year. I guess you guys were just lucky .. :P

HAHAHAHA...great!

Time to create page: 0.958 seconds