Re: Synchronated Updates

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #19605 by Mancio10
Replied by Mancio10 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
A really good job! ;)

I ve found one only mistake. In the European national leagues panel, you named Italy as England and England as Italy . No way to fix it for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #19669 by Mancio10
Hey, is anyone there who can explain to me how I can fix that problem? I mean, the problem I found into last Syncro s update. There s everything correct but the name for national leagues of England and Italy. What is named Italy is England and instead what is named England is Italy. How can I fix that?

The same is for English and Italian national leagues names. Serie A, B, C1 and C2 is set for English teams and Premier League and League One for the Italians. I spent time using SWOES for fixing that...but I think I would need hex codes and generally it seems quite complex to manage.

Thanx. ;)

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #19674 by whiteulver
Replied by whiteulver on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
As swos is assembly programming game, all references for leagues are set as hex addresses.

example. There is a section in swos2 file where all address references are stored.

So if you change these addresses, you can make swos to read English League as Italian one and via versa.

I dont have to mention that this is too complex and need a lot of experiment to get good results.

So dont try this at home ;D

More
16 years 11 months ago #19676 by Mancio10

As swos is assembly programming game, all references for leagues are set as hex addresses.

example. There is a section in swos2 file where all address references are stored.

So if you change these addresses, you can make swos to read English League as Italian one and via versa.

I dont have to mention that this is too complex and need a lot of experiment to get good results.

So dont try this at home ;D

I see. So, I have only to wait for Synchro s fixing, don t I? :)

More
16 years 11 months ago #19696 by Synchronated
I am all over Mancio s problem and it ll be fixed by tomorrow.

It stems from the fact I don t provide a fixed sws.exe with the PC version of the files... the England and Italy leagues were swapped in the sws.exe on an Italian update Mancio was using, so that the Italian league could have four divisions, basically.

As of the next update, a fixed sws.exe will be included for the PC version (just like SWOS2 is for the Amiga version).

The added league in that update will be MLS 2007, and all transfers/managers will be kept up-to-date (again) :)

More
16 years 11 months ago #19697 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Is it possible to make an swap leagues to other continents? For example El Salvador as European League? Then it would be possible to make more leagues with 4 divisions.
Do you know if it is possible to make more divisions for leagues that have only 1 or two divisions?

More
16 years 11 months ago #19698 by Synchronated
I don t think you can move leagues to other continents.

But you could rename El Salvador league to Germany (for example) and have four larger divisions if you added the teams correctly... but then German clubs couldn t qualify for UEFA Cup etc.

At the moment in SWOES it is not possible to change the number of divisions in a league (in Amiga version anyway, haven t tried for PC version).

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #19746 by Mancio10
Yes, Synchro was completely right. The bug was caused by my Italian 2006-07 update. I ve just downloaded the original 1996-97 PC version and then applied Synchro s last update and the bug does not exist anymore. Thank you very much, Synchro. I m looking forward to getting your new update! ;)

ps: the name of Sampdoria s goalkeeper is CASTELLAZZI (2 zeds), not CASTELLAZI (one only zed). :D

More
16 years 11 months ago #19750 by Synchronated
Yes, I had noticed that before but must have forgotten to fix it :)

It will be correct in next update.

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #19984 by Affers
Replied by Affers on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

As of the next update, a fixed sws.exe will be included for the PC version (just like SWOS2 is for the Amiga version)

I m a n00b here and the amount of information on this forum has my head spinning!

This feature would be very nice and useful for some of us who aren t that brilliant at mucking around with configurations and all that. I have a copy of SWOS 96/97 and I ve installed your updates but it keeps crashing on career mode. I know that the readme states that I should use SWOES to edit the leagues but I have no clue which leagues need editing nor how to go about it :(

Any help on that front would be greatly appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds