Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96159 by Synchronated
Two of the fields are league and team so they can be filtered however anyone wants.
You can just change those to transfer a player.
The idea is hopefully to have several managers per league, yes. Hopefully!

Here s an example grab or two. I ve still to input, edit and import data from a good number of other leagues. But it is not a lengthy process.

For the best players, the attributes get bunched up to 7, but that s the nature of SWOS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96164 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
So, if I m not mistaken, I d just need to look at the J.League update and type the stats values in the spreadsheet?

I can do that, although it ll prolly take me a week or so.

edit: I accidentally modified this, sorry! Sync

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96167 by Synchronated
Sure, if you wanted to do it. Give each player s strongest attribute a 7 and weakest a 1 and everything in between.
I could pretty much derive them approximately from your J.League attributes if you didn t want to go back to WE again.
Then maybe you d want to make a few changes and that s all.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96168 by Retrieving

Sure, if you wanted to do it. Give each player s strongest attribute a 7 and weakest a 1 and everything in between.
I could pretty much derive them approximately from your J.League attributes if you didn t want to go back to WE again.
Then maybe you d want to make a few changes and that s all.

I can do it manually, I wust want to make sure that I ve gotten this right: this isn t like rating every skill on a 0~7 scale, we re simply ranking the players skills from the strongest to the weakest (there s 7 skills so it s a 1~7 scale), right?

What if a player is just as proficient in dribbling as he his in, say, heading? We got to make a choice no matter what and rank one skill before the other (in which case I d have to go back to JWE and check the exact values for each skill)...or not?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96169 by Synchronated
Yes, you ve got it right.

Got to make a choice, rank one over the other. Depending on the reputation coefficient at the time, the output values may end up being the same anyway.

More
13 years 3 months ago #96170 by Retrieving

Got to make a choice, rank one over the other. Depending on the reputation coefficient, the final values may end up being the same anyway.

Alright, I figured it would ve worked this way, it s gonna take me a little longer then, what s the deadline on this project?

More
13 years 3 months ago #96171 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Great ideas! (Normalized attributes, and league managers.)

I am ready to working with the Hungarian league (maybe not daily basis, but in case of important changes, eg. end of season, before start of season).

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96172 by Synchronated
@Retrieving
There is no deadline. If I were to release an update, which won t be for at least a couple of months anyway from this dataset, before your attributes are complete, I would just use placeholders.
I have a few dozen placeholder templates for the PVHTCSF rankings for fast wingback , defensive fullback , big centre back , sweeper , holding midfielder , playmaker , fast winger , skillful winger , winger/striker , quick support striker , big/slow centre forward , goal poacher etc etc. I just hope not to have to use them other than very rarely for otherwise-unknown new players.

One limitation is that an Excel worksheet only allows 65,000 and odd lines. So that s the max number of players. I estimate it will have 50-60,000 on it this week. So the deleting of retired/unnecessary players will have to be as diligent as the introduction of young players. It would be clumsy and impractical to overflow onto another sheet.

@dimetrodon
Great stuff. We need to have at least one manager for each league though or it will be a lot of work to maintain for me and other contributors.
During clubs import into SWOS, stuff will be quickly checked and updated with transfermarkt to make sure nothing gets wildly out of sync. Although our player reputation ratings will take precedence unless they are massively contradictory.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96178 by Synchronated
Actually Retrieving, you can start producing the Japanese data from scratch in Excel (or anything else if you can export to csv) if you like, anytime you like, since I don t have a good source to even start work from!

The source would want to be the 2010 J.League game again (same as before to avoid duplicate players) - transfers, including international ones, we can do afterwards.
You can include other clubs not just the first two divs if possible/if you want, and as many (or as few) players as you like per club as long as they re somewhat relevant. Up to maybe 25 or 26 anyway. At least 16 per club, inc two GKs, would be nice, but might not be necessary for lower JL2 etc./clubs that may not make it into SWOS.

We d need the following columns, similar to how it s shown in the shots above

CLUB - PLAYER NAME - PREFERRED POSITION - SECOND POSITION - NAT - SKIN/HAIR - REP - P - V - H - T - C - S - F

The stuff after that, to the right, is calculated by the sheet so I don t need it from yourself.
Formatting of the Excel sheet doesn t matter as I will only paste the values.

CLUB - name of player s club (as in 2010 game ideally initially, before it s merged with the rest of the data)
PLAYER NAME - all caps, SWOS style
PREFERRED POSITION - where player would ideally play in a conventional 4-4-2, G/RB/LB/D/RW/LW/M/A, should ideally match his preferred position in WE (e.g. SB or WB = LB/RB, CB = D, DH, CH or OH = M, WG or SH = LW/RW, SS or CF = A)
SECOND POSITION - most significant alternative position if relevant
NAT - nationality in original SWOS national codes, eg Japan = JAP; if the nationality wasn t in SWOS, use CUS
SKIN/HAIR - 1 for light skin and blond hair, 2 for light skin and dark hair, 3 for dark skin

REP - here s a quick lookup table of what the REP value will produce in terms of actual SWOS value
70 - £75k
100 - £100k
150 - £150k
200 - £300k
250 - £500k
300 - £650k
330 - £750k
350 - £850k
400 - £1m
420 - £1.1m
430 - £1.3m
440 - £1.5m
450 - £1.6m
500 - £1.8m
530 - £1.9m
550 - £2m
600 - £2.75m
You can tell the rest if need be from the screenshot above. Please try to use only intervals of 10, figures ending in 0, for now.

PVHTCSF - 1 weakest through 7 strongest, as discussed, ALTHOUGH if you want, you can use literally any scale you like here - I can easily convert it to the ranked scale. So if it s easier to give me for example 85-44-63-35-87-77-50 straight from WE that will be just great, and probably a lot easier/quicker; I have a sheet to easily convert it to 6-2-4-1-7-5-3 at this end. It will also (randomly) decide between two values if they are identical.
And if you re happy for me to use a basic template for any players, just leave it blank or maybe type in the kind of player they are, instead of the 7 attributes.

So if you can do that in your own time that would be amazing.
There is no other source for me so otherwise I would have to just import transfermarkt.de + player templates anyway.

More
13 years 3 months ago #96181 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
just a hint about excel lines limit

65.536 is the limit for Excel 2003

Excel 2007 has the limit of 1.048.576

;)

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds