Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 4 months ago #95295 by Synchronated
EDIT: I got a question, what happens if I relegate/promote 3 teams from each division manually through the editor right after the end of the season and then load back up my career? Will it crash?

It shouldn t even notice you ve done anything, and if it does it ll crash I d expect. I don t think you can do this to decide relegations/promotions.

I m looking through the file now :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95298 by Synchronated
OK I have

- standardised some player names (for instance Koreans in Sync updates are always hyphenated and in the same order for consistency; Mark Milligan doesn t want his middle name; the two disambiguated Brazilians changed to Alex de Melo and Edmilson Alves as that s how that has been done for the rest, ie Alves shouldn t really come first en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmilson_Alves)... I would rather leave the homonymy myself as there s plenty of that everywhere else! Loads of Brazilians called Alex for example. This is some compromise.
- checked all nationalities - all fine I think
- changed the order of some substitutes that weren t in SWOS position order
- rearranged the Sanfrecce side slightly so that the SWOS positions can fit their IRL 3-4-3
- Mu Kanazaki labeled A since he is up front in formation and there is already one RW - this is normal/fits convention for a winger playing in a front three
- rearranged Kyoto to better fit SWOS positions (same starting XI but with 3 at the back, it s just that 5-X-X formations on SWOS are screwed, two of the centre backs play *ahead* of the full-backs, hence I don t use them!)

Let me know if anything is now awry; otherwise I ll release a new update with this file, all your attributes.

Also there are three attributes over 7 remaining; can you please tell me
Albirex - Kobayashi - his passing is 10, shall I just replace with 2? If not what is the best value
Avispa - Kudo - control is 11, replace with 3 or another value?
Roasso - Tsuyuki - heading is 10, same question
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95303 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

- rearranged the Sanfrecce side slightly so that the SWOS positions can fit their IRL 3-4-3
This is fine I guess since Sanfrecce play an extremely offensive football so despite their 3-5-1-1 they generally end up attacking with 3~5 players at once, they re really fun to watch.
- Mu Kanazaki labeled A since he is up front in formation and there is already one RW - this is normal/fits convention for a winger playing in a front three He s listed as AMF/Second Striker/Side MF/Centre MF in JWE so It s alright
- rearranged Kyoto to better fit SWOS positions (same starting XI but with 3 at the back, it s just that 5-X-X formations on SWOS are screwed, two of the centre backs play *ahead* of the full-backs, hence I don t use them!) It s alright as long as it s a 3-4-3 since they tend to play with just 1 actual central striker and 2 or 3 OMF s/wings/etc,)

Also there are three attributes over 7 remaining; can you please tell me
Albirex - Kobayashi - his passing is 10, shall I just replace with 2? If not what is the best value he s gotten
Short/Long pass accuracy = 77/79, Short/Long pass speed = 72/72, Teamwork = 69 so going with my rating scale I d say PA = 3
Avispa - Kudo - control is 11, replace with 3 or another value? Response = 70, Dribbling Accuracy/Dribbling Quickness = 77/75, Agility = 82, Technique = 74, thus CO = 3
Roasso - Tsuyuki - heading is 10, same question Jump = 76, Header = 68, Height 171 Cm. - HE = 2

More
13 years 4 months ago #95315 by Synchronated
OK, there is a new update, v1.02, on blogspot below, including this file.
I have also replaced the relevant players attributes in the Japan national team.
Merry xmas all and thanks again!

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95331 by Synchronated
...and yesterday I realised the Australian league has expanded and would fit just fine if I added one club to it. So I took Sydney United from FM (the only big second-tier club that I could get any decent info for and that didn t already exist in the original lower leagues).
So v1.03, now linked below, has the A-League... and that s likely to be it for the 10-11 update. Cheers!

www.mediafire.com/download.php?n9fvi0gu0nnunw5

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95333 by Retrieving
tried to switch the v1.03 data folder in but it says that there s not enough free space left in the volume and upon booting up the emulator I get the following error:

EDIT: wtf now it does the same stuff with the original data folder as well...man I hate this emu

EDIT#2: uninstalled, installed the game again and everything went smooth. Go figure lol.

More
13 years 4 months ago #95457 by Synchronated
OK, I had a look at editing SWOS2 and sws.exe again. And now we have Sync1011 v2.0.

I have fixed all the league structures to real life wherever possible and throughly tested this SWOS2 + Data in WinUAE (including Career Mode), and it works fine and is great.
This includes fixing Spain/Italy etc, making the MLS have all 16 teams and making the J.League have all 18 teams (and happily allowing relegation/promotion).
I set it to 5 subs on the bench in England and Scotland like everywhere else.
I ve also changed a few texts, which enables Yugoslavia to be replaced with Serbia, and the Korean league (or most of it) to go where Taiwan was.

I added the Irish league too as that was now the last FIFA league not included (and I could change the teams in it to a usable number!).
Finally I fixed the UEFA competition names and updated the European qualifiers a little (Amiga version only), but cannot really make them fit the old structures! This is who could ve qualified this season under the old systems, then.

I have also edited the PC sws.exe for everything but the Euro qualifiers and UEFA tournament names, as
a) I wasn t sure that those changes would work on PC version
b) I can t easily test the PC version

Let me know if there are any problems, particularly with the sws.exe compatibility - the Amiga version has had some lengthy testing but not the PC version.

www.mediafire.com/download.php?iub1j30i3xmadwd

Cheers
Sync

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #95462 by Retrieving
Man that s awesome, didn t know you could edit the leagues structure on Amiga as well :o

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this, I guess you ll need all of the 20 J2 teams for the next update then. ;)

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #95468 by Synchronated
Not yet - in the past I haven t managed to add teams to leagues without it apparently causing crashes for some people, although this should theoretically be possible and I experienced no crashes. Can just change the division sizes within the teams that were in the original file, which is enough manoeuvring room to fix most structures. I haven t added any extra clubs to the team.xxx files here.

So Japan is still stuck with 28 in total for now!

More
13 years 3 months ago #95470 by Retrieving
Ahh I see, well, still awesome nonetheless! :D

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds