Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 3 months ago #95487 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Great, Thank you Synchronated!!
I m now playing a career on PC with Oxford United.
Just got promoted, so far so good !!
Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #95493 by Synchronated
Cool :)

v2.1 here now, and that really should be it.
Only one change to data (some Italian Serie B GKs had wrong value), plus changed SER to SRB and JAP to JPN, as well as nationality CUS to OTH (other, which to me makes more sense, always hated CUS/custom). Nothing big then. BTW I have now tested a couple of seasons in career mode on PC version, also with no problems.

(link removed since v2.2. release)

Now - I hope to start an online DB that everyone can contribute to for the future updates; players attribute data will probably consist of their skills ranked (eg Bergkamp might be CFPSVHT which might come out in that order as 7776542) and an overall ability coefficient which will determine how high these skills actually are when they are imported. So there will be no changing of individual skills other than putting them in a preference order, and this means that the player s overall ability can be changed without needing to address each individual stat (ie he will remain the same kind of player just a bit stronger/weaker).

So we ll see how that goes, don t bet on it going anywhere!

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #95500 by alexander.h
Hi Synchro :) First Happy new year :) Second - I have a problem with the structure of the championships, crashes. As a select team from Italy or Spain and crashes, because the correction in the structure of the championships, what do I do to prevent my crashing? Crashes at the end of the season and the extension to next season ? I use SWOS Total Pack 1.09 . Set in the updates in  folder # 3 .

I fixed the problem. I forgot to copy the file SWS.exe after I did everything go normal :)

• Targaff
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #95504 by Targaff
Replied by Targaff on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi Synchro, been using these updates for a long time and your efforts are much appreciated. I thought I d mention the list of trades for MLS in case it s useful for updating: www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/transactions .

Kansas City Wizards changed name to (bleurgh) Sporting Club Kansas, and Vancouver and Portland will be joining the league for 2011.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #95557 by Synchronated
Those MLS trades will be for next season update as this one represents Sept 2010 :)

---

New version posted since fixing the Greek crash that has always existed on PC version since the original 96/97 SWOS (thanks to anark for passing on info of hex edit).
This crash doesn t happen in Amiga version anyway or at least I have been unable to make it happen.

Also a couple of data fixes and Olympiakos lineup improved with help from Whiteulver.

www.mediafire.com/download.php?91tdepc53cws31t

Cheers

edit: crap, the readme says the date is 2/1/10. Not 2/1/11. :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #95598 by Turko
Replied by Turko on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
hi Synchronated , i downloaded the amiga version. i am using WHDload version of swos 97(which ive always used for your updates) but it just crashes on startup before any splash screen when i copy swos2 and data folder. without swos2 it loads but crashes when slecting a edited league. is it possible you can upload a full hdf with everything in please?

More
13 years 3 months ago #95619 by Synchronated
I have been unable to get adfview working on any computer here, hence not having posted a hdf file.
Here is the entire folder that my WinUAE is using as the Amiga SWOS hard disk. (No need to have a hdf file.)

www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozv4u4z92ntdvqf

This is the contents of the original SWOS hdf (which comes with Amiga SWOS Online) with only SWOS2 and the data folder changed. Unzip it to a basic location, tell WinUAE the SWOS1011v2 folder is a hard disk, Use kick 3.1 to boot it and it should just work.

More
13 years 3 months ago #95626 by Turko
Replied by Turko on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Thank you Synchronated, it now works on my real amiga. as well as SWOS2, i copied SWOS2.REL SWOS and SWOS.REL from the main folder in your file and it works perfectly. No crashes in career end of season updates. You done a fanatstic job with the Turkish league . As well as all the others I have scouted players from!

I hope you have a wonderful new year. Mines off to a great one with this update!

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #96155 by Synchronated
Hi all.

In a few days time I will be releasing an Excel sheet with thousands of players on it, with data from various sources (not including FIFA).
I will be trying to keep it up-to-date as much as possible and referring to tmkt whenever entering a team to ensure no-one actually goes into an update at the wrong club.

In this file each player s skills are ranked relative to their other skill attributes, so their basic attributes are 1 through 7. Everyone except goalkeepers has one of each of the attributes 1-7, making a total of 28 points. For example for P-V-H-T-C-S-F Tim Cahill might be 4-2-7-1-5-3-6, heading and finishing being the biggest strengths.

The players also have a coefficient which affects their overall reputation (and resulting SWOS value). So depending on that coefficient, that 4-2-7-1-5-3-6 could end up in the game as 7-4-7-3-7-6-7, or it could be 2-1-4-0-3-2-3. (I will try to carry all 7s through as 15s in the end, so that SWOS s transfer market attribute search is more useful.)

This way we can easily change a player s value by just changing the coefficient as his reputation grows or falls, but he will remain the same kind of player due to the way the attributes are set out, and we don t need to worry about setting the exact final attributes (although the sheet does calculate them and show them, along with what his actual value in SWOS will be).

What would be great is if we could get a group together here and people could let me know if a certain player s skills are particularly wrongly ordered, if his name or nationality needs to be changed, or if he has moved to a new club; if a player is retired (deleted) or if a new player needs to be added, or just his reputation needs changing (citing for example international caps, regular league apps/goals or tmkt value). Then I will make the changes in the spreadsheet and they will carry to the next Sync update. If we have a group of people working on this file we can make this a sustainable db (unlike a set of SWOS data files alone) and actually have a great level of consistency across the whole of the data, and it can be imported into SWOS every few months.

I d be interested to hear from those willing to help out, and I ll post the first version of the file in a few days either way.
What WILL need adding is the 1-7 attributes for players from the J.league, as I have no source for these. I will add the players but with attribute templates for each position.

Cheers!

More
13 years 3 months ago #96157 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
great idea mate!

it is always best to have everything in excel :P

if I understand it right all those players are gonna be categorized by teams and leagues?

then I think it d be a good idea to have certain managers to take care for certain leagues... what do you say?

I can help you with managing Polish and Spanish leagues, so you can count me in

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds