Re: Synchronated Updates

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117662 by Synchronated
You probably better ask starwindz either by pm or in the total pack thread. I just make the data :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• david7law
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 weeks ago #117663 by david7law
Replied by david7law on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2012-13
thanks

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117664 by Synchronated
The Amiga or PC? setting should be totally independent of the which database do you want option, though.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118528 by NyxtaLeon
Hello chaps, first time poster. Have to say the project is a massive success so far. Found the site a week ago and I ve been spreading the word amongst my old amiga buddies. You ve done a truly amazing job.

Regarding the team updates I was attempting to resolve any issues I had by creating my own team list but I ve come up against the packing/repacking issue and it s all nu territory for me. I m so impressed that someone has taken the time to make the current teamsheets reflective of the league. I have only one criticism. It s felt as though the new teams have altered the game speed alot so even in English League Two the game feels like a massive sprint compared with 96/97 teams. Having done a comparison I ve noticed the following:

A sum of the Speed column on the original release over the 27680 entries shows a total of 46222.

A sum of the Speed column on the current release over the 26096 entries shows a total of 76492.

In summary it appears that you ve almost doubled the amount of speed attributes in the game. If this is intentional then so be it however it would be nice to have it more akin to original release if possible simply because I m finding the amount of cpu he shoots, my keeper saves but spills it and the cpu gets a tap in goals have gone up by a factor of about 5 since swapping to this release.

Again I don t want to appear ungrateful, I am very impressed with the entire project I m just pointing out some Speed creep. For career mode its killing the fun a bit ;o)

More
10 years 11 months ago #118530 by Synchronated
That s an interesting analysis, I will definitely check it out. Thinking about it, I can probably cross-check all 7 attributes in a similar way, relative to 96-97, and re-balance them so that it s more like the original. So, cool and I will definitely look at addressing it before next season s release!

More
10 years 11 months ago #118531 by NyxtaLeon
You sir, are a legend ;o) If there s anything I can do to help let me know.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118532 by Playaveli
Great analysis there! Thanks for your input!

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118540 by NyxtaLeon
Right, I m not asleep yet to might as well do the number crunch ;oP

So I ve attempted to use more realistic data by removing the El Salvador, National and Custom teams from the new data (leaving 22304 players) and removed National and Custom teams from the old data (removing Guatemala from the old makes only between .02 and .06 difference to any of the skill pt avgs so left it in, leaving 23280 players) and worked it out on a per player basis. As a result its given me similar and interesting data as shown below:
Original 96/97 db (23280 players):PassVelHeadTacklCntrlSpdFinCost
Total34242228434486255521281613752332348
Avg skill pt per plyr1.470.981.932.381.211.611.39282374
Nu 12/13 db (22304 players):PassVelHeadTacklCntrlSpdFinCost
Total47178382444764044165479866099438456
Avg skill pt per plyr2.161.712.141.982.152.731.72414054

So there s a couple of other conclusions I m making based on the data:
1) The ratio of Tackl:Cntrl has gone from roughly almost 2:1 to less than 1:1 which, as far as I understand it, means its generally harder to dispossess opponents.
2) There s been an increase in Passing skill points in the region of about 47% (if the 0-7 scale per player is linear in its contribution basically means 10% more pass accuracy overall).
3) Velocity Finishing points have gone up by 74(ish)% and 24(ish)% respectively meaning more goals and keepers being less effective (probably *at least* 15% more, not including other changes).
4) 70% more Speed skill points (again assuming the 0-7 scale is linear contributing to about a 16% speed increase in the player movement/gameplay (which is significant given the existing increase just between releases of SWOS (mentioned in the playguide review vid on the site www.sensiblesoccer.de/community/news ) at 15mins 30secs into the video).

So in summary, players that have possession are far more likely to keep it (less effective tackling/more effective passing) and score from it. Versus the CPU: speedier teams will be harder to beat (reduced time to react, more regular pass/shot interference and first to rebounds) and slower teams will be easier to beat (less likely to dispossess you). It should translate to less realistic scorelines (not quite cricket scores ;o) ).

The average player price is about 50% more, from 282,374k to 414,054k. Not sure that necessarily a bad thing given that Playaveli s yummy gimme the cash tactics tend to yield well and we re more astute players than when the game first came out, especially with access to the player db. It may mean more ongoing finance issues from wages for players in career mode if they acquire their desirable squads however afaics the price and the attributes are linked so changing the skills automatically changes the price?

Sounds harsh, not meant to be, so much respect for you gents for your hard work. I m just hoping to contribute to keeping the game challenging for the right reasons and preserving the 2player balance. I m not precious bout my maths so feel free to bash me as much as ya like if I m wrong!

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118541 by Retrieving

preserving the 2player balance.

Synchro s roster update s definitely a commendable effort and we re all more than grateful for his invaluable work but yeah, it s gotten some problems here and there (biggest one is IMHO the arbitrary 0 s handed out depending on the role/template, although I haven t checked the latest release so they might not be there anymore).

That being said, the supposed sanctity of the original database is kind of a made-up, far-fetched misconception, even Jon Hare himself says so.

14. I believe that the original database was carefully tweaked to best suit the gameplay, do you think that modifying it (mods such as roster updates and stuff) might edulcorate the game experience as it was originally intended?

As long as the minimums and maximums used by the original data are not exceeded database modifications should be fine

Game is faster, big deal, suck it up and adapt your playstyle, it s still within the boundaries of what the developers originally coded.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118542 by ro32x
i would welcome a slower paced overall game speed
especially in the english premiere league

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds