Re: Synchronated Updates

More
11 years 4 months ago #115888 by carling476
copy the files into launcher team sets folder 14 ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #115889 by GTSSoccer
hi again
I did what you told me and the teams are already changed (at least in the Portuguese league)
thank helps

even now, the best way you can edit the teams?

regards,

More
11 years 4 months ago #115966 by Synchronated
Using SWOES.
www.swoes.info/editor_downloads/

You ll have to use Pablo Fridlender s editor as well, just the FIX FOREIGN MARKET tool, for your changes to function properly in career mode.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116741 by Synchronated
Hi all.
Just a note that SWOS data files (TEAM.XXX) as bin/hex can now be created directly from my spreadsheets in minimal time. This skips out previously highly time-consuming importing steps. Thanks to zicozico for helping work on this.

What this will mean for the next annual update is

a) it will be much quicker to produce (I may not have had the time to do it the old way this year)
b) player attributes will be 8-15 rather than 0-7 for key skills, just like in the original data (this won t affect gameplay)
c) there will be an extra outfield substitute in each squad, as it s not now necessary to have a reserve goalkeeper (if you actually play all your matches it is impossible to injure the goalkeeper). All 5 subs can be outfield players and I have built the routines to automatically select the best 5 players, with a minimum of one defender, midfielder and attacker, in the correct position order. A reserve goalkeeper will still exist if his reputation merits it
d) it will be a piece of cake to make an expanded version, much simpler than it was this year

What it *may* also mean (but don t hold your breath)

e) a winter transfer update as well as annual update

What would also be great is if people could help with the data (mostly corrections for positions and attributes) for the leagues they re familiar with.
Some attributes may need attention as I can t tend to the whole lot and it s no longer feasible to import them from any of the previous sources.

If anyone has any other ideas for improvements let me know. I will post a data snapshot soon so you can see how the data currently is.

Cheers

More
11 years 2 months ago #116742 by ro32x
great news that this improvement means you re still gonna continue pushing out annual updates
amazin news if the winter update comes into fruition
ps. don t ever give up producing these updates please :)

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116745 by Synchronated
Thanks, I will try. And if I can t I will pass all methods and spreadsheets to the community/whoever wants them.

In the meantime here is the no-frills file (as it currently stands) to convert editable information into bin/hex (edit: and convert the team info back from hex):
www.mediafire.com/view/?1npsmtrv6yqq18f

All anyone would have to do is enter/paste all the info they wanted into the framework in the Source sheet (having looked up the correct team IDs etc. in the original files for whichever country/league being replaced), then paste the contents of the HexOutput sheet into an unpacked team file using a hex editor (or indeed create a new file, which is just the two-byte header plus however many teams you want). The pasting can be done all in one go in HXD. The output sheet is one complete team per row, in exactly the format SWOS expects in the TEAM files.

There are just test values in there at the moment, and it s 93 teams (TEAM.008) as that is the biggest the file could be (if you want fewer teams, just don t put anything in the later slots and/or don t copy the later team rows out of the output sheet at the end).
Note: stick to the presented structure and the value sets in the Tables tab if you plan to use this as your SWOS editor - inserting rows or columns pretty much anywhere, or any values that aren t in the tables, could break the lookups which govern all the hex conversions, and the thing would then just not work.

• david7law
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117638 by david7law
Replied by david7law on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2012-13
Hi guys,

Just joined and attempting to relive my youth with SWOS. I have downloaded the Amiga SWOS total pack and also Sync1213v1.2.zip this though is where I now have no idea. I ve went through the read me files but cannot locate what I m meant to delete and not entirely sure what folder to transfer over and where. Please help :(

More
11 years 1 month ago #117642 by Synchronated
If you ve got the latest Total Pack the Sync updates are built in, you don t have to replace anything. It should just be in the team/data sets in the menu.

• david7law
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 weeks ago #117643 by david7law
Hi again, I will have a look at it again tonight (when home from work) as not sure if i have done something wrong but looked at teams after loading game and were definitely set to 96/97 leagues and players.

• david7law
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 weeks ago #117661 by david7law
Hi, I must be doing something wrong?! If I click on sensible soccer it gives me the old players 96/97 game. If I click on the Synchronated SWOS option I get the old Amiga screen where it instructs you to enter a disk. Any ideas? I m probably just being stupid :(

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds