More
16 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #26816 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
V = Velocity for sure! ;)

But if you like to have a full FAQ please download this:

INSTRUCTION MANUAL:

-- Download here: -- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTION MANUAL --

Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26859 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Well, I always called it Volley, I think I read this in some Amiga magazine back in the 90 s, but I really don t remember for sure. If you are so sure that it s Velocity I believe in you, but it really doesn t make much sense for me to call Velocity to shot power Volley would make much more sense.
And Oli O. if you think about it shot power also starts with a S so they couldn t use that letter. Anyway even if V means velocity I will still call it Volley ;)

More
16 years 7 months ago #26861 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Velocity makes sense. Because it s the speed of the ball after a shot. The faster the ball is/gets -- the harder the shot was!

More
16 years 7 months ago #26870 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

Well, I always called it Volley, I think I read this in some Amiga magazine back in the 90 s, but I really don t remember for sure. If you are so sure that it s Velocity I believe in you, but it really doesn t make much sense for me to call Velocity to shot power Volley would make much more sense.
And Oli O. if you think about it shot power also starts with a S so they couldn t use that letter. Anyway even if V means velocity I will still call it Volley ;)

That s why I prefer the German Installation. No probs with double S. :)
You can call V whatever you want, but with your Volley I see the first questions how to make a Volley-shot. ;D

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26904 by Cathaya
Replied by Cathaya on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Thanks all,

More questions:

How come every time I take a free kick close to the opponents goal the wall always just blocks the ball, no exceptions?

P is for passing, but what makes a good passer (curving the ball well? Making precise passes?) ?

the is very weird, I think. I ve seen some people chose a formation/tactic they made themselves, and when they click it, there are green ticks to the left of all the players. I ve tried editing my tactics, but there are always at least 2-3 red crosses. How do I edit tactics well?

Also, when there is a red cross next to one of the attackers, for example, I can swap him with someone and then swap back, and there ll be a green tick instead. Is that a flaw?

I don t understand why there sometimes are red crosses next to a, for example, RW when he is placed on the Right Wing. How can I fix that?

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26906 by jankula
Replied by jankula on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

Thanks all,

More questions:

How come every time I take a free kick close to the opponents goal the wall always just blocks the ball, no exceptions?

P is for passing, but what makes a good passer (curving the ball well? Making precise passes?) ?

the

is very weird, I think. I ve seen some people chose a formation/tactic they made themselves, and when they click it, there are green ticks to the left of all the players. I ve tried editing my tactics, but there are always at least 2-3 red crosses. How do I edit tactics well?

Also, when there is a red cross next to one of the attackers, for example, I can swap him with someone and then swap back, and there ll be a green tick instead. Is that a flaw?

I don t understand why there sometimes are red crosses next to a, for example, RW when he is placed on the Right Wing. How can I fix that?

I think it is because of price of player,If you substitute one expensive player with trial for example you will get red cross, even they are playiing the same roll !!! There are many strange fenomena,but that is SWOS, we will never understand, like Mother Nature ;)

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26908 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
- The wall doesn t block every freekick, sometimes it goes through. But, is blocking not the main function of a wall?^^

- Good passes are fast and wide.

- Editing a tactic is a thing you can t learn in some hours. The most of good custom tatics are based on months and years of experience in playing, editing, testing, editing, testing, editing, testing,...

- If your attacker has a redcross and you swap him with your defender or trial attacker, then he is still (or more ) redcrossed, of course. He doesn t like defending or sitting on the bench, so he gets a green tick after swapping back on the attacking position. But it is not said, that exactly this one position is the best for him. Try some other positions around him, there might be more green ticks.

In editing there are always two different targets:
1. A tactic full of perfect green ticks. This tactic is for simulating matches in career to boost your player values.
2. A tactic with the gameplay you want. This tactic is for playing with your controller and having fun. Player values are meaningless.

I think it is very difficult to find a tactic fitting both targets. For example: My own tactic is perfect for my style of playing SWOS, but the player values...ehm...^^

More
16 years 7 months ago #26916 by Cathaya
Replied by Cathaya on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
thanks for the quick responses.

But, is blocking not the main function of a wall?^^

That s not a valid argument, Oli O. That it has no other functions than blocking shots has nothing to do with the question.

I have played sensible since SWOS 96/97 came out, and I have yet to see a set piece freekick not blocked. I might be shooting incorrectly, I might not be aiming right. (still, that has nothing to do with the functions of the wall).

More
16 years 7 months ago #26938 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

I have played sensible since SWOS 96/97 came out, and I have yet to see a set piece freekick not blocked. I might be shooting incorrectly, I might not be aiming right. (still, that has nothing to do with the functions of the wall).

The wall doesn t block ALL freekicks, with a good shooter, perfect timing, how your opponnent tries to clear the ball (keeps static wall or trying to tackle/head the ball away) and curling depending on the position where the freekick is you can shoot past the wall. So from what you say you never scored from free-kicks? That s strange.

Velocity makes sense. Because it s the speed of the ball after a shot. The faster the ball is/gets -- the harder the shot was!

Yes, correct. I mentioned that before as well, but still doesn t sound that good to me... saying just velocity doesn t have any reference to shooting. Maybe velocity of shooting eh?

You can call V whatever you want, but with your Volley I see the first questions how to make a Volley-shot. ;D

Well... if you get an air pass and shoot immediatly you kinda make a volley shot. That s how I will shoot everytime from now on, V for volley will be perfect ;D ;D

I have a couple good questions for you all about the keepers.
How does the keeper price affects him? I mean what kind of variables do you think it will affect? I think the reaction times are better as the price goes up, would that be anything else? I never tested this, but would a 15M keeper really make any difference comparing with the current max of 4,5M?

Why in some games the very same keeper defends much better than in others? I mean the very same keeper in 2 different games can make super saves or let almost every shot in. Do you think it s just a matter of luck? Or would that be some kind of hidden morale attribute that changes from game to game (that could exist to all other players as well)? I personally think it s just luck/bad luck, but who knows what might be hidden under the box...

More
16 years 7 months ago #26942 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

How does the keeper price affects him? I mean what kind of variables do you think it will affect? I think the reaction times are better as the price goes up, would that be anything else? I never tested this, but would a 15M keeper really make any difference comparing with the current max of 4,5M?

Well, playing a career with FC Gutersloh I had nearly every player with 15M value. As u know when u buy a 15M player it s possible that the team from where u bought him gets a new, cpu-generated player. His value is often the same. So u have another 15M player from out of nowhere. Overall my Gutersloh team had 11 15M players, 3 12M and 2 10M players if I remember right. And my goalkeepers were worth 12M each. And I can tell u something: Both keepers were not that strong as Taffarel for example. So in this case I m sure that the worth of the Goalkeeper doesn t matter. The same thing with Schmeichel (4,5M). He s definitely not the strongest Goalkeeper in SWOS.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds