Re: "SWOS United" or "The future of ss.de"

More
15 years 3 months ago #58640 by _sox_
hi guys...sorry to intrude myself but i think that pay for tournament, cup, ... is a bad idea.
i mean that you can t expect how many peaple will pay, and there is a real risk that ss.de will lose many many peaple because non-paying peaple could create a parallel site and everybody will join it.
in my opinion this would be the beginning of the end.

always in my opinion you should do something like hattrick supporting :
- pricing table with predetermined prices (9€/6months , 12€/12months, 20€/2years...)
- only supports can view all site (for example: for every non-paying users you could hide cross table (in torurnaments), srn calculator, balances and some other non-essential tool
- webmail and little webspace (for example sox.ss.de or ss.de/sox)
- special prices for swos gadget (ok, i dont know if it s possibile but perhaps you may obtain discount for grups.....plz don t kill me, i m only writing some idea :) )
- etc...

i think that 1€/month is a really good price and many users will donate it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #58733 by dzem
just have noticed this one..

I think there are many reasons for lack of answers here (e.g. I missed many topics recently as I was bit busy). But I don t think that players are not interested in this issue.
What we need is a good brainstorm and grouping ideas into ready concepts, so that players could discuss and develop all solutions. I will read more carefully all posts and ideas and let you know my thoughts soon.

More
15 years 2 months ago #59104 by Kyon
I think some small bounty is not important but some peoples don t want give any money . that is a problem

15 years 2 months ago #60106 by ElMichaJ
maybe a try ....

because of coding some much more functions, we could maybe do something like a credit function ...

playing ooos or in leagues doesnt matter ... you can always do ...

but for special functions like founding a clan or having bigger user gallery or more stats views (server traffic) you have to pay creditz

creditz = virtual currency for swos community .... find a better name like that ...

you can earn creditz by paying some money... or you can earn creditz by having success in cups or leaguez, organizing something or helping a lot or being a very active player

i will mindmap a structure for that

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
15 years 2 months ago #60112 by daimaou
I support that idea ElMichaj, main thing for me is that playing leagues or ooo s should always be free or a lot of players will leave for sure.

And Clans, hell yeah brig em on :D

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #60461 by Retrieving
My 2 cents: just provide exclusive content , such as being allowed to store your own custom tactic or a slot in the savedisk for your custom team and reserve that stuff for those who ve paid for the full membership.

Aren t there like 64 slots for custom teams? Charge 5 bucks for each one of those and 10 Euro for the custom tactics, make bi-monthly deals and just replace whoever hasn t paid the day the rent expires, that would generate a pretty steady flow of cash and you could prolly raise the fees whenever the demands increases (very likely occurrence) without pissing anyone off.

by the way, have you ever thought about offering fully customizable teams? That d be something a lot of players would find really appealing, trust me. You could set up a skill points cap, put in place a set of rules to prevent people from abusing the system and allow club members to create teams which would be customizeable in every aspect (as opposed to the roster names/uniform mods available at the moment): would you rather have a speedy wing because it d suit your strategy better and at the same time wouldn t mind giving up on a forward s tackling abilities? Fine, just dump those skill points onto the aforementioned wing s speed et voilà! You ve always dreamed about having two midfielders with 15 in both tackling and heading? Get into the club and you re set.

Gameplay variety and enough money to run the website would ensue, should people react positively to an initiative like this, it s something I d carefully evaluate if I was in your shoes (even though I m aware that you re pretty reluctant when it comes to database editing I believe it s still worth a shot).

I have already designed something like this for the italian website (where I used to manage the database editing, too bad people didn t seem to give a damn at the time, lol) and thoroughly thought out a rather complicated and cheater-proof (you know I hate them ;) ) set of rules whose purpose was to prevent gameplay unbalancement whilst providing 360 degrees customization and honestly wouldn t mind translating them as long as it ends up being of help for the community.

More
15 years 2 months ago #60496 by LIK

Aren t there like 64 slots for custom teams? Charge 5 bucks for each one of those and 10 Euro for the custom tactics, make bi-monthly deals and just replace whoever hasn t paid the day the rent expires, that would generate a pretty steady flow of cash and you could prolly raise the fees whenever the demands increases (very likely occurrence) without pissing anyone off.

I think this particular segment will not be very popular

More
15 years 1 month ago - 14 years 11 months ago #60621 by Kanu
Maybe I m an idiot, but I had a little problem trying to make a donation by paypal. Donate button opens a page in German language (and I ve seen no possibilities to change it into English or Italian).

my suggestions are quite different from those you listed above.

In my opinion, the first step should be to turn definitively off the supporter status (it may give the idea of a premium / free users system) , that could appear quite expensive especially for new users, and set up the home page making Donate button more visible.

Creating a top donations list would also incentivate people to help community.

Paypal buttons should be not only in the home page but also into non-english sections of the forum, and in most of the pages.

These are the ideas that came into my 4-bit brain, but I really think that they could be useful.

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #61028 by sensipla
Believe or not, I dont have a paypal account yet :)
My opinion: money (1euro for month, its one beer, isnt it?) is no problem at all for people who own computers and pay to providers every month. Twelve euros for twelve months, its negligible ammount. There could be problems with people who
1) dont wanna pay anything to anyone because its their attitude (everything is free on net today, why should I pay?)
2) dont have paypal account (and dont wanna found it) or are lazy to put money in envelope and send it (if this easy way would be possible :) )
3) start playing swos online and find they are too weak (like almost every newbie, I guess), these people consider if to play or not in the future because they are pretty angry when they are losing all the time and now they should pay money for being butchered?

About paypal and payment methods - I am sure there will always be some ways how to pay. Seven or eight years ago I ordered some stuff from USA, I put money in the envelope (after an agreement) and sent to USA, with no insurance :)

If this site and all about SWOS is noncommercial and people behind it do all that stuff in their freetime and they have some income from banners or t-shirts and so on then these chickenfeeds should be platitude (and I am not in situation I can waste money - for those who classify people on rich and the rest).

More
14 years 11 months ago #66330 by Ali
1 euro per month shouldnt be a problem.. Lost to much money poker, stopping gamble and support ss.de is a better idea :D

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds