May players from other nations be nominated for foreign countries?

More
15 years 2 months ago #58565 by daimaou
My opinion on this. I was sure this issue would arise when Stromi qualified to eurocups. Even though it looked strange to me at beginning, I have no problems with Stromi playing on SCSL at all, in fact I could live with him playing on eurocups for you as well, but only problem I see with this is that it would open an important precedent. After this every league could start hiring foreign players to play on their domestic leagues and then get access to eurocups and boost their qualifying spots due to their performance. I m sure that was not the case here, but still I believe this should be avoided.
I was aproached a few times by a certain polish player to join the portuguese league and I said no, because that would make no sense imo.

Since there are no real rules on what a player needs so he can be eligible to play on a certain national league, that s up to league managers to accept him or not I think it s only fair that the same situation apply to eurocups.
I guess it would have been better for someone to say clearly that he wouldn t be able to join eurocups from the beginning when he joined SCSL, and this discussion wouldn t even take place now.
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 2 months ago #58566 by Wänä81

^^And to stay on topic, how will you give out the free places because of non-participating SCSL?

?
More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #58567 by Playaveli

Since there are no real rules on what a player needs so he can be eligible to play on a certain national league, that s up to league managers to accept him or not I think it s only fair that the same situation apply to eurocups.
I guess it would have been better for someone to say clearly that he wouldn t be able to join eurocups from the beginning when he joined SCSL, and this discussion wouldn t even take place now.

Look here:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=online_main

A season generally lasts one month. Joining the league, you have to be from this country or live there. To participate, contact a league manager, for example in #sensible, via eMail or Messenger.

^^
this is clear enough. Coolio was ensuring me Stromi only plays on a friendly basis in their league and so I had nothing against it. Nobody has. But with qualification for Eurocups, the friendly mode ends. They have to understand that. (In other words: An exception has been made because of friendship, and this is being abused now).
More
15 years 2 months ago #58572 by ruichi
well.. true enough, I must say, that there s no rule (yet) stating that someone from other country playing for different league cannnot play in ISSF for that league. Even if I totally disagree with such a thing - they said whatever is not forbidden, is allowed.. or sth like that. I suppose we ve never thought about anything like that might happend.

To be sure, that nothing like that will happend again, ISSF board can add to its rules:

1. Either in CL or ISSF Cup, country can be represented by a player related to league he s playing in (born/language/passport etc...)

Sadly I find SCSL statement very ironic and hmm childish in some way - if I dont get it I quit. I dont condemn SCSL management, as it has their own rules, but I dont see reason why this decision was taken in such a rush and without any talks.
More
15 years 2 months ago #58573 by daimaou
Apart from all this one more question.

Please don t see this an attack to the Nordic League as it isn t, I m really happy that djowger created that league and I totally understand the problems there are on the first months of a new league as I went through the exact same issues with the portuguese league. In fact I regret that there are so few national leagues on ss.de, it just needs a bit of dedication from someone and a lot more leagues could be made running.

My question is participation rules for eurocups state a minimum of 60% or 6 games played and only Anton was able to make those 6 games. 6 games is a really low number already and I m ok with whatever is decided, but it seems to me that it s a bit unfair to allow players that only did 4 games in a whole month to have access to eurocups while some of the rest are playing near 20. I m glad the nordic league has more players this month so I m sure this situation won t happen again from now on, but... if this is so and the minimum number of 6 games is ignored I guess anyone can ask for rules to be overlooked in the future too.
Seems this was Highfive s fault, but I think that should be something to be dealt within nordic league rules.
More
15 years 2 months ago #58575 by daimaou

A season generally lasts one month. Joining the league, you have to be from this country or live there. To participate, contact a league manager, for example in #sensible, via eMail or Messenger.

I never noticed there were specific rules stating that, in that case situation is a different yes.
btw I also see Zarathustra is now playing on euroleague shouldn t he be playing on SCSL then? Am I missing something or how come is he eligible to play on euroleague?
More
15 years 2 months ago #58580 by Wänä81

btw I also see Zarathustra is now playing on euroleague shouldn t he be playing on SCSL then? Am I missing something or how come is he eligible to play on euroleague?

He want to qualify for ISSF maybe ;)
More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #58582 by Schulle
Well this has come to an hot discussion now.

First thing:
I am missing a statement from Stromberg.

Second thing:
I do not understand the reaction of SCSL league managers with an official statement. For me this is childish and shows you are not willing to respect some rules made as it is still a cup for all players of ss.de, but it remains voluntary to participate.

Third thing:
Last but not least, if the SCSL league managers would have read the rules on participating on national leagues and repected them, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE EVER STARTED!

Let Eleven and me also say something about the ISSF. We are doing this for nearly 3 years now, spending a lot of time and work in this project.
This work includes optimizing of rules (depending on number of leagues e.g.), asking players what and in what way to change sth. We did not always choose the best way but we did it with a lot of passion and fun seeing players participating and having fun their own. That s what it makes worth to go on and optimize and stuff.

The topic we are discussing here is just the opposite of all, it makes sad us to see our baby ISSF is handled with.
We are really disappointed on the behavoir of SCSL league managers.

ISSF-Management Schulle Eleven
More
15 years 2 months ago #58584 by Eleven

Zarathustra is Bosnian, so I see no problem for him to play in Euroleague ;)
For 6 games minimum, i think we can allow NSL players to qualify for this month. There are a few free places in both competition.With the players from NSL, there are still 2 places in CL and 4 places in ISSF.
More
15 years 2 months ago #58587 by daimaou
I know he is bosnian (living on serbia I think), but I thought SCSL was for all ex-yugoslavia countries? Probably I m wong then.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds