Re: 1750EURO SWOS Championsship 2.june 2007 in DK (on Amiga - offline)

More
16 years 9 months ago #21091 by Coolio_Jack
Well, Spir definetely isnt any kind of suprise...
The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 9 months ago #21092 by Wänä81

Congrats SPIR! Well done...

I also was sure the final would be Djowger - Pallister. I am pretty sure both of them either underrated their opponents in semifinal or were surprised by some tactical things which is a credit to SPIR and lobo.

Remember that online and offline are 2 different things ;)

SPIR is a very hard opponent and he had a great style to play SWOS
More
16 years 9 months ago #21093 by Stromberg
Congrats Spir. Only surprise is that Pallister didnt win :)
More
16 years 9 months ago #21094 by Playaveli

Well, Spir definetely isnt any kind of suprise...

That is true... He is an online player around the Top30.

Amiga Club Denmark? Owned...
More
16 years 9 months ago #21166 by Schulle
Congrats Spir! :)

I hope this makes your defeat in our fantastic battle at Aalborg Cup #1 forget, at least a bit ;)

Congrats also to Lobo and Pallister!
More
16 years 9 months ago #21195 by Tomplus
Bravo for Organizers !
Gratulation for Winners !

I wait on gallery from Danish.
More
16 years 9 months ago #21197 by SPIR
Great turnament again! Big thanks Amiga Club Denmark for hosting Danish Open in SWOS! Great work!

Thanks all participants for the good times!

There were some organization problems (who meets who in quarterfinals) but together we fixed it! ;)

This is my first cup victory online or offline and needless to say, I am proud and happy

I am grateful for my brother who show me SWOS and to all sensiblesoccer.de. Many, many thanks!

Eternal punishment Schulle :) just kidding ;) How can I forget those games, they were great. Was very tough defeat in last minute of E.T. but its SWOS ;)
We have all tried it.
Makes me think of Motorhead lyrics,

You win some, lose some, it s still the same to me
The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say ... y all know ;)

Lobo really a great player. With nerves of steel and a great SWOS game and great sportsmanship.

Because the final ended a draw after 10 mins. (7-7) and extra time (9-9), there was replay, so It took 23 minutes of SWOS before final game was decided with a total score of 19-16.
So now I needed a big joint, I think I pretty well deserved one.

23 mins. SWOS absolutely bliss!!! I hope you can imagine..
even though we agreed that a third 10 mins. rematch would be drawing the line..

See you soon on the pitch mates.

More
16 years 9 months ago #21388 by djowGer
Hey u guys..

I just saw that the first pictures from the tournament is online: 83.89.104.225/danishopen/modules/myalbum/

Well.. what is there to say about this tournament? ;)

It started out last friday for me, where i took the trip from Aalborg to Copenhagen by train (5 hours trip), to meet up with spir. I brought my amiga 1200 with me, so it didnt take much time before we started playing our beloved game Swos! Later the same night Pallister, Kicker and Oli O arrived to spir s appartment. I think they got lost in copenhagen, but thats what happens when you dont bring a map! :P
We played some more games, and the next morning we were heading for Værløse where the tournament was held. After some time we found the place, and we were ready for another swos challenge.

The settings was superb for the tournament. Sleeping places, bar, beamer, and of course a couple of amiga 1200s with swos up and running.

After some time when the players had arrived we saw an intro video for the event, explaining rules and stuff. I remember one sentence: fair play, is good play :)
We were supposed to play on 4 amigas, but one wasn t working so instead the organizers made 3 groups with 7 players in each group. This was for the 1st round of the tournament. The top 4 from each group would qualify for the 2. round. We played 2 times against each opponent (3mins games).

I was in group 2 with Kicker, who won against me in our first match 1-2. In our second game i got my revenge winning 3-1. The final standings for group 2 was me getting in first place, kicker 2nd. De gyldne damer 3rd and swedish player tre fiori in 4th place. In group 1 Pallister was totally dominating, and didnt lose a single match. Lobo, the polish player, came in second place only losing to pallister. 3rd and 4th place was taken by Forrest Allstar and D-mann, both former winners of danish open 2005 and 2006. In group 3, i think Oli O ended up winning the group, with Spir in second place. They had 2 close matches who ended 2-2, and 3-3. 3rd or 4th place was taken by the other swedish player star80. And then i cant remember who took the last place.

2. round was crazy. They made 2 new groups with 6 players in each, still playing 3 mins games, but this time only 1 match against each player. First group was with Pallister, Lobo, Star80, De gyldne damer, kicker and 1 more. Once again pallister won all his matches and got the best seeding for qf, lobo 2nd, kicker 3rd, De gyldne damer 4th.

Second group was Spir, Oli O, D-mann, forrest allstar, tre fiori and me. My first game in the group was vs spir. He played well and got a 2-0 lead at halftime. In second half i came back and tied the game for the result 2-2. The rest of the group games, spir and me won all games. Which meant 1st seed should be decided on the goalscore. We scored same amount of goals, but I conceived less goals, which gave me 1st place in the group. Spir 2nd, Oli O 3rd. and forrest allstar 4th.

Quarter finals (1x 5 mins + et + rematch):

Pallister - Forrest Allstar: Pallister wins
Lobo - Oli O: Lobo wins
Spir - Kicker: Spir wins
djowGer - De gyldne damer: djowger wins 9-2

Semi finals ( 1x 7 mins + et + rematch):

Pallister - Spir: Spir wins 5-7

djowGer - Lobo: Lobo win 5-6

:: Pallister and spir s game was toplevel swos for 7 mins, a crazy game going back and forth as i recall it. Pallister was leading at halftime i think, but spir came back and gave pallister his first defeat of the tournament. A deserved win i think, but it was close.

My semi final was against lobo. the polish guy who came all the way from london. in the warm up games before the actual tournament, he beat most players with an aggresive style, and a great overall mastering of the various swos skills. i lost to him several times, so did spir, and the other players. So i knew i had to play my very best to defeat him. He was playing 5-3-2 standard with his quickshot joystick. :)
I was playing with my keypad and my modified 5-2-3. My tactical plan was to play very hard, and it worked. halftime was 4-1 for me and i had already injured 3-4 of his players ^ ^. Second half he put alot of pressure on me, and was rewarded 1 goal at the time. i only scored 1 time in second half, to the score of 5-2. Still this wasnt enough to secure my win. He kept on going and ended up putting in the killer shot at the 89th minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The exact same thing happened at Aalborg Swos cup, when Wana took home the victory in the 89th minute! People who knows me well, should have a pretty good idea of how i reacted to this. ;)
In one moment you think you are in the final, in the next you are not :( It was hard to tackle for me, but thats a part of the game. Congrats to Lobo for the win. A deserved one also.

The bronze game was with me and Pallister and ended up 5-3 for pallister. We played directly after my semi final, and now the game setup was 10 mins + et + rematch. Needless to say i was disappointed but i still tried to challenge pallister as much as possible. I had the early lead, but second half he secured his win. I had lots of chances but couldn t score, so in the end a deserved win for pallister.

the final was breathtaking. Both players giving 110% and final score was 7-7. That meant extra time, which ended 9-9!! A crazy game, no doubt. The players had a 5 min break. And then came back to play again. Lobo started out very well, getting the lead 4-1 in first half. This might be a good score, but when you are playing 10 mins games, there is no time to relax. And being behind with 3 goals at halftime is not the same as a win when you play for this long. Spir made terrific comeback and won the game 10-7!

I wanna congratulate spir for playing a great tournament, and getting the grand trophy. It was the right winner of the tournament in my opinion. :)

It was also great meeting Pallister and Oli O again, and kicker who played a great tournament also. It was nice meeting Lobo, a really great swos player, with an aggressive playing style, but also a great person. I hope he comes to sensi days in august so i can have my rematch ;)

I also wanna thank Amiga Club Danmark for organizing the tournament. There was a few problems at times, but nothing that couldn t be fixed. Place was great to hold a swos tournament. Im sure i will come next year if possible.

pheeew.. That was a long repport, but i hope you enjoyed it. Unfortunately i dont have any pictures, but i think pallister will upload his photos soon.
More
16 years 9 months ago #21399 by Stromberg
Thx for the cool reports :) It seems to me you all had a great day.
More
16 years 9 months ago #21406 by Pallister
Yeah, we had, Stromberg. Wow djo...what a great report. Thumbs up for this. And of course ss.de players will participate next year, with the Equip 2007 too. And photos are coming tomorrow...still waiting for the shit Sony-Adapter ;D
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds