Re: 1750EURO SWOS Championsship 2.june 2007 in DK (on Amiga - offline)

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22714 by Playaveli
@ Hot2Not:

If the money is not paid within 2 weeks you are banned from this forum and the facilities of ss.de!
Sorry to say that, but I won t allow anyone to abuse our website/forum for catching people with money which isn t paid in the end.
To allure people with money that is never paid is sheer fraud.

Best regards.

PS: I don t want to disrespect your tournament. It s fine that you gathered players. But this way? No, sorry... That damages the reputation of our community, to which you want to belong.
The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22725 by djowGer
Has anyone contacted the organizers directly by mail yet?

Otherwise please relax. They have a reputation of being quite slow with things i heard ;)
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22726 by Playaveli
Pallister tried to contact them several times.
And being slow with serious issues like money payments is not a credit to oneself.

Maybe I fit into the German stereotype of doing a strict and organized business but really...about money that is essential.
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22728 by SPIR
There are many misunderstandings here about danish open in swos. Sure alot of it is because amigaclubdanmark (ACD) are not allways fast to give information if they give any at all.
I have only been to the turnaments in 2006 and 2007 and its my experience that they have a simple attitude towards SWOS; we love the amiga. we know swos! we have amigas. lets meet up! What more do you really need? I understand ACD have been consistent in providing location for SWOS turnaments for many years!

So this year they have idea to have money prices:

Hello all.

If we want to get players from Europe, will you come if there was NO PRICES?, or a small price?... We have holded DanishOpen since 1998 with small prices, and now we will holded a great SWOS championsship, and the only way we think to get people from The Nederlands, Germay, England or ?? - if we have a great prices, and now its is toal of 1750EURO cash. (first price: 1000EURO)

We will still have fun and drink beers on DanishOpen, and a big party after the DanishOpen, with good music etc.

We hope many will join the games. All profit of the DanishOpen is going to Aid.

swos.amigaclubdanmark.dk

Best Regards

Brian Kornum
aka
FC Hot2Not.
Chairmand, DanishOpen SWOS.

Maybe a bad idea? Money is not important i think it was just an idea that could help to get more international players to meet and play. To reach ever higher levels of swos.
Maybe better if the price money is delt out to the top 10 or top 20 or a bonus for travellers?
I think they are open for suggestions and constructive critisism.

I think the hosters of this cup really want the Ches and the Coolios of this SWOS-world to join their cup...

I think you are right. As i understood from Brian allowing tacticts was to meet the international standarts from some other turnaments. I know many of the participants play just a few times a year or only on this day still some are great players, but i suspected that most wouldnt have made a tactic and this was the case. So from the beginning i thought this was a bad idea for this turnament. Its just not cool when more than half of the players dont have tacticts.

The location change and halving of money prices sucked big time and in typical ACD style information was little about the details. But this is no reason to throw low punches:

Because they have calculated with approx. 80 people which was an owngoal... Now with a handful of poeple the location is too big and the income (starting fees) is too low because of too few people.

Conclusion:
Location changed to a smaller venue and money goes in their own pockets.

PS: Now I know what ISSA s chairman Soren K. is talking about...

There could be many reasons why things turned out the way they did but making assumptions like this seems to me you have a grudge towards ACD. I dont know exactly what cost what and where the money went and i dont care. But you have to have trust in people.

In many ways the turnament was a great success. Pallister, Kicker, Oli O and djowger came from far and the swedish swos stars TreFiori and star80 were there again, not to mention Lobo and all the other participants. 20 players and 20 in the public made for a great atmosphere and the level of swos was, i believe, the highest ever seen in danish open.

Again it sucks bigtime that no winners have had their price yet, yes we havent recieved any mail or answers, its pretty f***ed up. Frustrating that they are so damn slow to answer. But im sure we will get the price money, i dont have any reason not to think so.

Please understand that there is no competion between ACD and any other turnaments, they are in the same boat as we and host SWOS turnaments for the benefit of community.
Essentially this means we help eachother and build some bridges.

So Brian, get out of the karate club and answer some mails. Also turn on your work amiga and update ACD website sometime. Pleease.
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22729 by Playaveli
SPIR, I understand all your words and agree to the most part.

But this is not about SWOS or anything else. It s only about the principle of handling one s business.
Really, they can do whatever tournament they want to do. Maybe they are not in the same boat as us. But the boat of honesty, currency and holding promises should be the same...

I think they are open for suggestions and constructive critisism.

.... But you have to have trust in people.

Well, how can you make suggestions to someone who don t even replies to serious issued emails?

And trust? Well, After all these things happened now (money reduced, money not paid etc) you cannot expect people to trust them, can you?
More
16 years 9 months ago #22741 by SPIR

Really, they can do whatever tournament they want to do. Maybe they are not in the same boat as us.

Why not? Where does this come from? I dont understand what you mean. Maybe danish open don t have the standards that you expect from a swos turnament or is organized differently. Still this would be no reason to slag them off like this. Its very nice that turnaments are different and have a local element . It makes it all more interesting.

Lack of information and no answers is frustrating. I really hope they will improve on this. In fact it would be hard for them not to improve on this.

And trust? Well, After all these things happened now (money reduced, money not paid etc) you cannot expect people to trust them, can you?

About the halving of the prices i talked to Brian and he gave me some straight answers to why it happened. I beleive what he says about insurance issues and that the people who had the original location decided, close to turnament start, that turnament couldnt be held there. All this involved expences and here everything is expensive. But if you believe that they keep the money in their own pockets and participants wont get their price money then yes then it must be hard to trust them...But before you make conclusions like this atleast hear a reply from ACD, which did happen to come later...

I havent heard about any deadline when we would get the price money. Im sure we will get it and i hope it will be this summer... ::)

We want as many turnaments as possible on any platform, online and offline and we reach common ground in our love for swos. So it should be possible to advance from this low-point.
I really hope ACD will communicate with us real soon.
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22742 by Playaveli
Ah, right, about the boat I misread your post. Sorry.

Well, maybe YOU have spoken to Brian personal. But who can know this? All people who were not there and did not talk to Brian personal ONLY can read what is here in this Forum. And that is not very pleasing and far from looking trustable. You have to understand that.
I only can comment on things that are written here black on white...eehm white on blue. ;)

Again, it is all fine with their tournament. Really no problems. SWOS tournaments are all valuable.
Just the handling of business and lack of information is really worrying.

Btw, have you got your money? And do you think it is ok to wait 6 weeks? 500 Euros is nothing to joke about... That is a lot of money. some people live a month with that.

If I announce a money tournament in big style like Brian did here... I have the DUTY to pay ON TIME. And if I cannot pay on time, at least post a reply to topics or emails. That is not too much of a request.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22753 by Pallister
I mean, when there was a money prize sponsored by anyone, the money must be there. So I don t have an idea where this money is now? What is the reason that the money is not paid yet? Why doesn t anyone receive a message? I m confused, not angry. I want u to know that.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22813 by lobo
Well what can I add.
Hiding a head in a sand is what ACD is doing. Anything woul be better than this.
Personally I don t believe it s just the matter of them being slow. If the matters got out of control they should at least admit that. This whole situation is a big contrast to good time we all had at Danish Open.
I just hope they will have the guts to sort out this whole mess as men do...
  • rawclaw
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #22937 by rawclaw
Last I heard was that he just bought a Ferrari with the money and is on his way to Hollywood to marry Paris Hilton..

Damn..

Heres a fool I found on my cam..

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds