Re: Creativity or SRN?

More
17 years 7 months ago - 17 years 7 months ago #12482 by Oli O.
Creativity or SRN? was created by Oli O.
Let s use this topic to discuss what has been started in this dragindb topic: Creative players and one-way-players.

I m more a creative swos-player, everyone from sensidays will confirm this. I like dramatic matches with lots of actions etc. and I dislike industrial opponents. It s boring to conceive 6 and more identical goals (with losing or winning the match, doesn t matter in this case).

Personally I ll concentrate more on PC SWOS again, because the CPU brings more fun then some people online.

So, what do you think?...
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 7 months ago #12484 by Rijntje
Replied by Rijntje on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
Well, I think everyone knows my opinion now. I share the same with Oli.

Quote from: jiggaplaya on Yesterday at 12:03:31
unstoppable goals???!!! hmmm not for good players !

Yeah, like, place 5 players and about maybe can stop it...

Maybe u have to think about the frustration u cause with other playing by scoring the same unstoppable goal like 10 times a match.

I can lose man, and I m always a fair player, I just always have a f***ed feeling when I got 10 of the same goals behind my keeper. But I always stay polite, sometimes I say something about it to players, like hey, five of them was a bit too much don t you think but then I really don t make a point of it anymore. And like Giggs said, I just don t play boring players anymore...

Anyway, Jigga, I know ur a good guy, u played in one of the friendly leagues last time and I had no problems with u whatsoever. So I can say once again here: I am not attacking u, I m just giving u like... stuff to think about. Cuz u gotta realise (like a lot of players on this community) that making the same goal 10 times in a match isn t cool, it s rather boring.

But this will be the neverending discussion about the fight for SRN and boring one-move-play etc. which never will be solved I believe, cuz the players which use that one-move playing style just can t see what a burden they are to good willing creative swos players here in the community. I think it s a pity.

But anyway, I will draw the line here for myself too, cuz it will only lead to more fighting and arguing ;) I made my point.

I think my opinion is illustrated well enough in these quotes. But yeah... one solution oli... avoid.
More
17 years 7 months ago #12486 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
Yepp, avoiding is my style! 8)
More
17 years 7 months ago - 17 years 7 months ago #12487 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
Yes, avoiding does sound good, but at the time goes by, u want to give yourself a challenge by playing those players. Gepard andJigga are probavly most famous one goal players, and they are very hard to beat, so its always great pleasure to beat them. In my opinion, they are hard to beat players, but they cant call themselfs good players(no offence), cause if more players would try to imitate them, swos spirit would be ruined
More
17 years 7 months ago #12488 by RobChef
Replied by RobChef on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
I think style is just a question of taste and SWOS is a great game who gives a lot of space to find a personal style (instead of some other soccer games). But at the end everybody should be happy with HIS style and not blaming other players.

Do I like Jiggas style? No ... but I find it very annoying when Jigga Gepard or who else are descibed as not good players. This sounds very arrogant when people think their style is right and they are the good guys and players with other styles are the bad guys. -- Just my opinion please nobody take it personal
More
17 years 7 months ago #12489 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?

I think style is just a question of taste and SWOS is a great game who gives a lot of space to find a personal style (instead of some other soccer games). But at the end everybody should be happy with HIS style and not blaming other players.

Do I like Jiggas style? No ... but I find it very annoying when Jigga Gepard or who else are descibed as not good players. This sounds very arrogant when people think their style is right and they are the good guys and players with other styles are the bad guys. -- Just my opinion please nobody take it personal

Agree 100 %
More
17 years 7 months ago #12490 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
I think if someone plays that robotic style its simply his own bad... I have lots of fun varying my game. I dont think you have too much fun trying the same goal over and over again.

+ I agree to Coolio in his challenging point. I like to play Gepard and Jiggaplaya and I know what awaits me when I play them. The last thing is important I think.
More
17 years 7 months ago #12491 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?

Well said, u made me think diffrently
More
17 years 7 months ago #12493 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
I think the biggest problem of that scoring goals in only one way is that those player don t wana loose SRN points. So at the last times i more like to play friendlys insteet of OOO matches. I mean this is a more relaxxing way, evryone is more free to play with different style and different teams. The most things i see you take only the same teams, real madrid or some other good teams, hey where is the fun? I mean it is a completly different feeling to play with a not so perfect team, you need more skill to control them and then you can make some experience and don t need to fix you on one single style.

So shortly say, i think the biggest problem of that is the ranking. Why did you get points for an single match? Ok, i can understand that this is a way to see who is good and who is bad, but should this ranking so important? Look at real soccer, there are only the league important, no one give a fuck about the ranking. I know i am alone with that, but in my opinion we should close this ranking, and only concentrate on league or only should give points for league or important tournaments...
More
17 years 7 months ago #12494 by Rijntje
Replied by Rijntje on topic Re: Creativity or SRN?
Yeah, I don t play ooo s anymore too, just for the reason u just gave. I play more friendlies and friendly leagues, It s way better that way, u play way more relaxed and fun matches.

I will only try to get my points through leagues like u :)
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds