SWOS TEAM data files fix

More
15 years 1 month ago #58516 by daimaou
What s the problem:
I recently realized that the great whiteulver editor has a problem with the import/export team file feature. Basically when you export/import a team the index number and country number of that team is also imported/exported which shouldn t happen and therefore will cause problems. If you end up having 2 teams with the same Index number on the same country and try to play a match between them both the game will crash.
I found this out the hard way after a lot of work was done, so I had to find a way to fix it. Therefore I coded this small piece of software that fixes the problem on the team files. Note that this is to be applied NOT to the files you export from the editor, but the actual .team files from the game data folder.

Exactly how does the fix work:
Pretty simple. It will go through all the teams present on each team file and update the index numbers from 0 to whatever needed (depending on the team numbers on that file) and will update country ID s for all teams on that file to the correct ones (based on the file extension of the file it s being fixed).
It will also make a check for duplicate general ID s on all the files in the same folder, so if you want to make sure you have no dupes on your game after you created some teams, simply run this application inside the data folder.
Note that this won t fix the unique/general ID s, so if you started adding teams to the game and you messed up creating their IDs don t expect this to fix that problem as it won t.

How to use it:
Simply copy the problematic team files into the same directory as this executable file and run it. All files that needs to be fixed will be and the corrected new files will be created with the same names with NEW added to their extension. Then simply rename the files to their original names (remove the NEW extension) and copy them to the data folder of your game. If there are duplicate general IDs found you will also get a listing of all the clashes.
If you are using the amiga version, remember that this fix must be applied BEFORE packing the files, if you apply it to the packed files it will only corrupt them.
Please note that you NEED to have installed Java Runtime Environment 5.0 or higher for this to run. You can get it here : java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp.

Hope this will be useful to someone else, at least it was already very useful for me and xflea on RTSA ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #58532 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: SWOS TEAM data files fix
ehhh, it was a great job. you saved the day on RTSA for sure.

remember about the tribute to FRANCE and that other powerful team...^^

More
15 years 1 month ago #58691 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: SWOS TEAM data files fix
thanks daimaou that is very useful :D

• nikkisixx1981
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #71374 by nikkisixx1981
Replied by nikkisixx1981 on topic Re: SWOS TEAM data files fix
I had the same problem, after a lot of work as well. Have you been succesful on creating new teams with no crashes? The editor also has a problem with the promotion/relegation box. It only changes the promotions.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71390 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: SWOS TEAM data files fix
check out this package: sfl.republika.pl/flch/sp/rtsa/flch-rtsa-swos-pack.zip

and look into National teams :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #71445 by carling476
I think everyone knows now that its impossible to get
swos running without any crashes if leagues and teams get altered
thats it there is no way round this guys except this its a rule

• CJ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #71491 by CJ
Replied by CJ on topic Re: SWOS TEAM data files fix
That doesn t mean people should stop trying...

Keep up the good work guys, don t let the nay sayers put you off.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71500 by carling476
Thats all good but how long have people been trying
lets just say a very long time.

• CJ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #71509 by CJ
Replied by CJ on topic Re: SWOS TEAM data files fix
And they ll carry on trying too.

To answer the question, they ve been trying for anything from 15 years to a few minutes.

Hell, you ve even dabbled yourself with the updated commentary.

Without an active mod community this place wouldn t be half what it is.

More
14 years 5 months ago #74227 by daimaou

I think everyone knows now that its impossible to get
swos running without any crashes if leagues and teams get altered
thats it there is no way round this guys except this its a rule

Seems you finally realized it? Weren t you the one claiming to be able to make crash-proof updates after changing league structures sometime ago when everyone else was telling you the contrary? ;)

And I never stated this would solve the carreer crash problem, this only fixes an import-export bug on the editor and checks for duplicate general ids on the team files. I never tried to do a carreer after fixing the files so I have no clue if it makes any difference really, but I suspect not. Even though all crashing updates I ve seen so far have either duplicated index numbers or general ids at some point. I discussed this with Sync sometime ago, but neither of us had the time to make some proper testing.
But I believe the only way to fix carreers would involve editing the game code binaries itself.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds