Re: UK mini sensible soccer tourni

More
13 years 5 months ago #92664 by Rock and Roll
Nice to see you here Matt. Enjoy your stay :).

And congratulations Lobo, not only did you win the tournament, but you also .beat the main SWOS-man at his own game.
Just shows us all what a bit of motivation can do :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92671 by lobo

And I want to see a photo from Jon Hare playing SWOS vs. Lobo! :)

As you wish ;) .Pics: picasaweb.google.com/feetalsgizz/Blackpo...2010?feat=directlink report to come (probably tomorrow)
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #92672 by dimetrodon
...Tell me more, tell me more, did [-]he put up a fight??...

More
13 years 5 months ago #92673 by dior
Congrats Man, big dream of almost all swos player :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #92675 by lobo
First thing first. Big thanks to Steve for organizing this tournament. Everything went smoothly with no issues whatsoever. 32 slots were gone in an instant (good job I came in early).

With 4 Amigas and 8 groups (World Cup format) it didn t take too long to get it over with. KO followed group stages and the tournament was finished well on schedule. Jon turned in just on time to watch the final. After the final he has signed T-shirts for the winner and runner-up. He has made himself available for a quick chat and signing stuff I carried with me all the way from London. My first impression of him was he is just the way I always expected him to be. Easy going, nice to hang around with. He excused himself as he had some other duties (speech interviews) and promised to come back to play against the winner. As the game was due to be played on the big screen on the main stage of the event we had to wait a bit before we could start it. I didn t waste my time so we spoke about ss.de, upcoming SensiDays (obviously I invited him to join it, which he promised to consider), his current projects (he s working on Speedball app for iPhone, let me play beta version asking for feedback :)). It turned out he works in Bydgoszcz, Poland for about a week every month. I also learned he lives in a village in Cambridgeshire I go through every time I visit my grandson :)). Jon has suggested we play England v Poland and off we went. Jon is a fierce tackler, got Gazza sent off in the first half and few others yellow carded. Luckily for me I avoided serious injuries in my team. He started with 4-4-2 changing it to 5-4-1 during the game but it didn t change the course of the game. Final whistle announced 6-0 victory to Poland. Jon went on stage to give a short speech about BAFTA (UK version of Oscars) recognizing retro games as a part of British heritage. Then he introduced me and handed in a trophy for winning the tournament. Jon asked me to say few words, so I invited all participants to come and join ss.de for quality SWOS and so did Jon as he is familiar with the site. All in all it was a successfull tournament and I really enjoyed it.

P.S

As the final ceremony finished right before 4pm I had to run to the pub to make it for Liverpool - Chelsea kick-off. Two goals from Torres and comfortable 3 points were the icing on the cake ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #92677 by Schulle
hell yeah - great stuff 8) 8) 8)

More
13 years 5 months ago #92678 by xflea
well done!

More
13 years 5 months ago #92679 by Bomb
you lucky b*st+rd.... ;D (sry for that, I couldnt resist)
congrats!!!! did I understand it correct? you played with real poland vs. real england? ^^

More
13 years 5 months ago #92680 by lobo
;D

Yeah. Jon made a point of it making it a part of introduction before the game. I think he wanted to put some pressure on me as I was (almost) only Pole in the building ;).

More
13 years 5 months ago #92681 by dzem
I m too jealous to congratulate you:P
btw.: you picked one of the best swos t-hisrts ever for the toruney:)

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds