Re: Nordic Open 2

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #89786 by djowGer
Nordic Open 2 was created by djowGer
Nordic Open 2

This is the second edition of Nordic Open, which is a danish/international SWOS event, in both AMIGA PC SWOS, being held in Randers on the 5th of March 2011. Everyone who likes SWOS is invited :)

Although we will rent a location from friday till sunday, the plan is to play both tournaments on saturday starting with AMIGA around noon, and move on with the PC tournament after the AMIGA final and a small break. It will be possible to arrive from friday afternoon/evening and sleep at the location both friday and saturday night.

Organizers
Klaris djowGer

Contact Info
Poul (djowGer) - 0045 2623 7107 / This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Simon (Klaris) - 0045 2814 4333
Mads Hilde - 0045 2448 1455

Time Place
Date:
5th March, 2011 (AMIGA / PC) - 12.00 CET / 0.00 pm

Place:
Adonisvej (Beboerhuset)
8960 Randers SØ, Denmark

Event Schedule
Friday 4/3: We meet up from afternoon/evening at the tournament location, have some drinks, play some games etc. and we go and visit the Randers nightlife (those who want to).

Saturday 5/3: Breakfast around 10-11. Group drawings and afterwards we play the Amiga tournament with a start around noon. After the amiga tournament we do a break of an hour or so, where we can eat. Then we play the PC tournament with expected finish around midnight or so.

Sunday 6/3: A trip to Randers Rainforrest around noon, for those who like some sightseeing :)

Location Info
The location for Nordic Open is the same as last edition, which we think is a perfect place for a SWOS tournament. It is located aprox. 6 km from the center of Randers city. Check out the section Transport Info for travel info.
The place itself has a big room where we play SWOS, hang out eat etc. A hallway with some cozy chairs for chilling, 2 toilets and a shower. There is also a kitchen where you can cook ur own meals if needed. Outside is a few benches where you can relax too.
Last time we had Nordic Open Klaris made a short video tour from the tournament location. Check it out below.

[flash=425,344]www.youtube.com/v/pdDIM2D14Gc[/flash]

Transport Info
Car:
The location is very close to the danish highway E45. If you come by car take highway junction 42 and follow instructions below:
From South: maps.google.dk/maps?f=d source=s_d saddr=%C3%85rhusvej%2FRute+180 daddr=Adonisvej+8960+Randers+S%C3%98 geocode=FWz4XAMdv3aZAA%3BFYYAXQMdUaqZAClDziuWgBxMRjH0QYFpRB7xhw hl=da mra=prev sll=56.426766,10.057726 sspn=0.021454,0.07154 ie=UTF8 z=15
From North: maps.google.dk/maps?f=d source=s_d saddr=Hammelvej%2FRute+16%2FRute+21%2FRute+46 daddr=Adonisvej+8960+Randers+S%C3%98 hl=da geocode=FZ4LXQMdDCiZAA%3BFYYAXQMdUaqZAClDziuWgBxMRjH0QYFpRB7xhw mra=dme mrcr=0 mrsp=0 sz=15 sll=56.426766,10.057726 sspn=0.021454,0.07154 ie=UTF8 z=15

Train / bus:
Klaris and Mads Hilde can pick you up at the train and bus station. They each have room for 3-4 persons in their cars. Contact them on phone for pickup. Their numbers are listed under contact info.,

Plane:
Closest airports are Billund Aalborg. From there you can get to the location by bus / train. www.rejseplanen.dk can find travels for you. Otherwise try to arrange pickup with other players comming by car.

Tournament fee extras
To participate in Nordic Open 2 as a player the cost is: 125,- DKK or 15€ (this covers our expenses for location rent, trophies and breakfast/brunch on saturday)

For an extra 75,- DKK or 10€ you can drink all the beers and sodas you like (flatrate). This is optional of course.

What to win?
A champion throphy plus medals for top-3 for each system AMIGA PC plus the prestige that follows ;). Besides that Pallister is also donating some prizes for semi finalists on Amiga. See his post on the later pages.

Format
Groupstage with 2-4 groups followed by a knockout stage.
Players are placed in groups by drawing from pots made from placements on the ss.de offline rankings.

NOTE: Format might change depending on the number of players attending Nordic Open

Rules
The following rules are the same for both (AMIGA) (PC). The only rule that differs the two tourneys is the tactic rule.

Custom Tactics:
(AMIGA): Like on Central Germany Cup - Custom tactics are not allowed in the AMIGA tournament.
(PC): ISSA tactic rule (tactics allowed) - bring on usb / pc disk or send it to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (at least a week before the tourney starts)

Gametime / options:
In the group stage 2 games will be played vs each player ( home and away match) - 1 match lasts 3 mins. Groupstage options:

In the knockout stage 2 legs is played. If the score is equal, E.T. will extend 2nd leg. If a winner is not found after E.T. Another round is played with same rules etc - 1 match lasts 5 mins. KO options:

Teams:
Any original team from SWOS 96-97 may be chosen, and edited through Edited Custom Teams menu, to add a personal touch to your team (names and colors).
If you already know what team you ll be using send info with names, shirts + a screenshot too @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (at least a week before the tourney starts)

Pitch Type:
Always random (pressing ESC to get a new pitch, only if both players agree). If both players agree to play on a specific pitch this is fine too.

Controllers:
Free of choice. Feel free to bring your own controller. Also there will be various controllers present at the tournament.

Home player advantage :
The home player may pick his seat position first if he wants to.

Other gameplay rules:
Players are not allowed to press R , S , SPACE , F9 ESC during a game unless agreed upon amongst the two players.
Number of substitutes for each match is 5 of 5.

Sign-up
AMIGA SWOS 96-97 - Sign-up: sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_kalender_event eid=1394
PC SWOS 96-97 - Sign-up: sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_kalender_event eid=1395

Confirmed players
List of players that comes for sure (Have booked flights etc.) plus extras ;) - (Last updated on 24th of february 2011)

Confirmed players

Denmark (10)
djowGer
Klaris
Lindholm
Hannes
MadsHilde
Dons
Gumme
Skurken
Doktor Mor
Haystack (non ss.de)

Norway (3)
Frost Soprano
LEGENDS1014
TOMIMALUTKI

Netherlands (1)
Pspin

Turkey (2)
Ali
Ademinho

Poland (5)
Lobo
BobbieBobras
Gomi
Paczek
dzem

Germany (2)
ElMichaJ
Bomb

Maybe

Stecher
SPIR
Spacey
Rasmus
Asboy
Peter

Schulle
AndYpsilon
Playaveli

Things to remember
- Your own controller if needed
- Toothbrush
- Sleeping bag / mattress

Impressions of first Nordic Open
Below you can check out some small video clips and photos from last edition of Nordic Open:

Videos: www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?...86.msg63842#msg63842

Photos: picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/NordicOpen2009

Nordic Open @ Facebook
For those of you who use facebook we made an event there for Nordic Open.
www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156843050995246

---

This thread will be updated as things falls into place :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #89803 by Foka
Replied by Foka on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
I try do everything what i can for coming on Nordic Open ... its my littel swos dream join on this tournament.

More
13 years 7 months ago #89805 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
signed in for now, hope i can make it

13 years 7 months ago #89816 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
i will try it to

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #89817 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
very nice to see that you guys are thinking of joining the cup so soon :)
very motivating for us.

More
13 years 7 months ago #89818 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
I m interested too. But I don t know if I can make it. It s some time to plan :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #89820 by paczek
Replied by paczek on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
If anybody from Poland will coming, I interested too

More
13 years 7 months ago #89821 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: Nordic Open 2

I m interested too. But I don t know if I can make it. It s some time to plan :)

Same with me.

More
13 years 7 months ago #89822 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
like me...

More
13 years 7 months ago #89823 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Nordic Open 2
Me, too... ;D

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds