2. Berlin
3. Denmark
4. Another Germany citys

The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #89099 by FLegby
no,

Maybe Székesfehérvár? ;D

we are only hosting our championships there, we have good and cheap accomodation, and everyone s family is 100km away, so we can really have fun without gettin disturbed.

but none of us is living there :)
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #89103 by Retrieving

Heh -sox_ first u must coming on sensi days and look how it look .... How do u want make sansi days if u nver saw this? Sorry man u think is so easy ? U think u make playing room, night place, stay computer and its all?

No, no, no ... what for ecample with calibration on PC, adapters, keypad .... and many another problem, who cant know ppls who never saw offline tournament.

First coming on offline tournament in Germany, Denmark, Poland or Czech, then u can do offline cup in Italy and then .... mayby u can try do World Cup.

Sorry my english its note perfect i hope u understand what i mean ...

Don t really get the hate for a hypothetical Italian ticket. This has certainly f*ck all to do with the fact that some countries have never had a serious offline tournament before and more to do with SWOS politics , imho, God forbid a change of any sort is made to the way things are handled in the SWOS community! ;) [Edit: if you can t tell, I m being sarcastic, don t get your panties in a bunch please, just messin with ya ll]

Foka, in all honesty you re making it sound like it s as difficult as getting a Shuttle to land back on good ole earth, when in fact it s hardly rocket science, now, is it?

On my way back from work I checked a Holiday Inn Hotel 5 Km. away from my house (finding it took a whole 2 minutes of Googling, booyah), they got 80~ rooms, a huge conference hall which would be perfect to set-up the tournament and they d make us a pretty competitive price as well (for instance it d cost less than Berlin, going by Micha s words). You re also overlooking the fact that Northern Italy is basically equidistant from most of the countries participating and it s also logistically well covered seeing as we got International airports up our butts and a pretty efficient railways system.

Last but not least the italian community is bigger than you think (we used to have as many players as ss.de got right now on sensibleita.com like a year ago or so) and one of the most prominent in the current SWOS scene, our superstars alone (Lucaa, Manuel, mt653, Sasy, Lemonhead, JPN83, etc.) would definitely be a great asset for a competition that looked more like Polish Days than anything in its latest iteration.

The thing is, not everyone might be willing to travel to either Poland or Germany due to RL holding them back (say whatever but it s hard to justify to your fiancee/wife that you re going to be gone for 3~4 days, while spending 350 Euro in the process, to play a videogames tournament), by making SensiDays change country every other year we d finally give these people a chance to get a shot at the World Cup. I for one would welcome a SensiDays in Netherlands, Hungary or Denmark for the same exact reason.

Furthermore, for what you know my job could very well be organizing events and conventions (it s not but let s pretend this for the sake of the argument), would the fact that I ve never been to SensiDays before make me any less capable of setting the tournament up? I don t think so.

As of now the only real problem would be the Amiga/PC hardware (I got one, Ronin has gotten a second and I could provide a bunch of Joysticks made in Retristicks as well but that s about it, was thinking of getting a buncha italian retrogaming communities involved and possibly a sponsor or two but it s all up in the air atm); had I had 7 more working Amigas and PC s I would ve already made an official bid. It goes without saying that I m not taking this lighthly either and I ain t gonna candidate Italy for real unless I get all it takes and some actual help from my fellow italian brethren. We re talking about it as we speak though so we ll see...

All in all it just sounds like some of you are salty cause you might have to get off your ass to travel to Italy to play the next cup, heh.
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #89104 by Playaveli

All in all it just sounds like some of you are bitter cause you might have to get off your ass to travel to another country to play the next cup, heh.

That s definately not the case, as the last years have proven! And I would be glad if you take that back, because it s somewhat unfair to all of the people who drove and flew through Europe since 2006.

Foka, in all honesty you re making it sound like it s as difficult as getting a Shuttle to land back on good ole earth, when in fact it s hardly rocket science, now, is it?

Sometimes, it really is! Every organizer of a 30+-players-event will confirm it.

The rest of your post sounds quite reasonable. Thanks for your input.
More
13 years 7 months ago #89105 by Retrieving

All in all it just sounds like some of you are bitter cause you might have to get off your ass to travel to another country to play the next cup, heh.

That s definately not the case, as the last years have proven! And I would be glad if you take that back, because it s somewhat unfair to all of the people who drove and flew through Europe since 2006.

In that case let me stress the some people part. Of course the vast majority of the playerbase is still comprised of super-awesome people that would travel anywhere just out of sheer passion, I do acknowledge that.

Also, I wasn t targetting anybody in particular, just giving my 2 cent.
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #89107 by Foka
LOL man, hard get ass ?

U are really fun ... say this guy who never goes more then 1km for play swos. I was in Fulda, Primasens, Gliwice, Lubin (30 times beacous in this city is too ofline league in one time month), Prague, Krakow, Katowice. For me its note importent. I say nevermind where we make next world cup ... i going for sure. So i can say what city i preffer and then i dont want going and why .... If im going 1000 km i must be sure i join realy profesional cup. In Italy i dont know. Beacouse i dont know how many ppls coming and how u organise PC and Amiga tournament. U say its np join pad etc .... Belive me its big problem .... we make 10 cups in Poland and never was ideal with equipmant .... its note easy play on PC two players and both use another controlelr ... ask another.

And last who is like kick in my ass .... u wrote about famile, wife, baby monay .... and its note easy ..... Yes its note easy. So i havent 10000 another hobbys. Im resign going away match my football team for SWOS offline. My wife now its only this one hobby and i love it .... i havent 1mln dollars on my account. Its hard get monay for next trip but i many working and can do it .... What u do for u hobby ? U wrote next attack post about difficult as getting .
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #89109 by Retrieving

LOL man, hard get ass ?

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I m sure you re a cool guy Foka, let s leave it at that shall we.
13 years 7 months ago #89111 by ElMichaJ
what the fuck ?

i hate these discussions ...

@retrieving ... i have never seen you on a world cup ... so i dont mind about any fact you told ...
can you tell me any results about an offline cup ?

it doesnt matter what hobbies steal your time ....
all these ridiculous discussion will have the effect thats it looks like there will never be a world cup in italy ...
your community is great ? where are the offline results ? only that counts on sensiblesoccer....

my site is old (ten years) and buggy .. but better and bigger than yours ... think about that

@foka and playa, and all the other community members ... i love you ... because you keep it alive

all the people are working hard and have family ... and they get it ... they live SWOS ... do you ????

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!
More
13 years 7 months ago #89113 by Playaveli
I didn t want such a discussion either. It s leading us nowhere.
I could make it easy and say Only me, Redhair and Micha decide where Sensible Days will be , but I didn t... maybe I was wrong in not saying it.

For the sake of SWOS, let s close this topic (which is called 2010 LIVE broadcast btw...).
And calm down!

We ll keep on discussing another time soon.

@ All sub-communities: Please keep up internal discussions about a candidature for the Days 2011. All of you will have a chance to apply!
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds